Reddaway | Black Friday Is Here

nons are crying in salt lake city

In Salt lake city reddaway layed off ther top 15 employees. even though they will not join the union, guess where they went to try and get some help? that's right they ran to the local crying for help. The local said, " what do you want us to do, we don't represent you." :chairshot:
One of my local reps, who is in the organizing office said that three of the states that are closing down Reddaway terminals are part of a 5 state white paper contract. Alot of union brothers will be hurting on the 22nd. what do you think are they trying to send a message?

if the term.closes and they are not go to close the hole thing co down warn act wont come in to play this is very sad for those guys and gals who are going to be out of a job the worse part is its far from over it wont stop there its going to be more cuts to come lets hope they offer job at other terms for these people and pay to move them and there familys to where the work is.

Where did you hear this??? Rumor mill??? Are you a Reddaway Line driver??? If so, many of you start rumors that have no truth to them and everyone gets all up in arms about it. If this is not rumor then I apologize but I get sick of hearing the Reddaway line drivers complaining about things that never happen. It is old!!! Can you show us where this information you heard about is coming from?

I accept your apology. I knew is wan't a rumor.

how funny

I accept your apology. I knew is wan't a rumor.

i just looked at this thread this morning starting at the top and reading down....and now we see it isnt the "rumor mill". more of the :chairshot: just gotta get hit over the head to see it...

almost histerical if it wasnt the fact that so many good men will lose their jobs.:sadwavey:

wake up folks and look around, pay attention at least for your family........

YRC isn't going to lose all that freight, hopefully many of the workers will be able to fallow the work. I understand that the union is already looking into it. Also I herd over a month ago that the only part of the system making money was the Texas to so cal corridor.

Thanks serta. Well, I just read the wikipedia source, and the law is so convoluted with so many loopholes, it looks like the company can do just about anything they want and get away with it. Don't you just love our elected officials? They represent everybody except the American citizen.

my heart goes out to all of the workers/families affected by this. we're all out here to do one thing. feed our families. :console:

No, this seems to be the final step of the closing of Bestway and Dugan.
Looks like Yellow is going to take USF apart piece by piece by piece, but whats new....they f*** up every thing they get a hold of. Everyone best keep an eye over your shoulder, might be a YRC CON WAY back there some place.....

damitray , you hit the nail on the head. they don't take inconsideration the many, many, lives they effect. :butt kiss:

When it all comes down to it, business is business and the company is in the business to make money. Unfortunately workers get caught up in the mess. If the business isn't making money then they can't operate. There is alittle comfort in knowing just because the terminals are closing doesn't mean everyone affected will be out of a job. Like it was said before the freight is still there and it still has to be moved. Thankfully they are union barns and people being laid off will have a Chance at a job. If it was at will they wouldn't have to hire the layoff people and could get new workers. its extremely sad but it is a business and many of us wouldn't do it any differently. You have to make money. The bottom line will always come first and it doesn't matter where you work.

Hat's off to ya'll who are out looking for a new job. I hope the break's short.

Bottom line, I don't give a tinker's cuss what color the door on my truck is, long as the money's green and it comes on time. I'm looking now for something better and will jump as soon as possible. I'm out of Oregon too. It's all gone mad here. I've watched our terminal slide from the flagship terminal of Reddaway to where it is today. We've gone from three salesmen to one. We've gone from 3 fulltime office help to two. We've gone from two fulltime dispatchers to one. My TM wears so many hats right now the poor guy's head never stops spinning. He's hanging on as much as I am. I've been here nine years and I've just been treading water on our board as competition (both fair and unfair, as Yellow has picked our pockets clean with inside information on our bids for contracts with customers), mismanagement and the exodus of more and more businesses from our town have eaten up our freight.

I'm outa here, baby. Anyone wanna buy a house?? :)

Bottom line, I don't give a tinker's cuss what color the door on my truck is, long as the money's green and it comes on time. I'm looking now for something better and will jump as soon as possible. I'm out of Oregon too. It's all gone mad here. I've watched our terminal slide from the flagship terminal of Reddaway to where it is today. We've gone from three salesmen to one. We've gone from 3 fulltime office help to two. We've gone from two fulltime dispatchers to one. My TM wears so many hats right now the poor guy's head never stops spinning. He's hanging on as much as I am. I've been here nine years and I've just been treading water on our board as competition (both fair and unfair, as Yellow has picked our pockets clean with inside information on our bids for contracts with customers), mismanagement and the exodus of more and more businesses from our town have eaten up our freight.

That's exactly what I've saying in different words. Thanks for the backup. Personnel is not getting replaced, because YRC is threatening management if they spend another dime, while at the same time robbing the accounts.:1036316054:

The Yellow Way

It would not matter if you all worked for free. This company has a way of doing things that still after all these years has me shaking my head daily.
Do you think they care about you or your family ? NO
All they care about are numbers.
The numbers are always good on their pay check. Unlike some

Your terminal went from three salesmen, three full-time office workers and two salesmen and it was the flagship terminal in your company. Wow! That would be a small EOL terminal at Yellow. I worked in a small EOL for 28 years and my TM's wore so many hats their heads spun. They need to earn their pay just like us. Yellow has picked your pockets clean. They own those pockets now, they can do whatever they want with them. Finally, you say more and more businesses are leaving your town. And that is Yellow's fault?

Your terminal went from three salesmen, three full-time office workers and two salesmen and it was the flagship terminal in your company. Wow! That would be a small EOL terminal at Yellow. I worked in a small EOL for 28 years and my TM's wore so many hats their heads spun. They need to earn their pay just like us. Yellow has picked your pockets clean. They own those pockets now, they can do whatever they want with them. Finally, you say more and more businesses are leaving your town. And that is Yellow's fault?

It's no point to talk to a troll. You feed them they just grow. :hysterical:

2 cents more

In Salt lake city reddaway layed off ther top 15 employees. even though they will not join the union, guess where they went to try and get some help? that's right they ran to the local crying for help. The local said, " what do you want us to do, we don't represent you." :chairshot:
One of my local reps, who is in the organizing office said that three of the states that are closing down Reddaway terminals are part of a 5 state white paper contract. Alot of union brothers will be hurting on the 22nd. what do you think are they trying to send a message?

When they layed off here they only layed off the ones that managment felt like they did not move fast enough. Kind of a pick and choose.
Then a few more ran to the union wondering why.
Only weeks before there were meetings and people at the gate looking for people with enough -uts to sign cards
Just another note here the top two managers here in SLC left Yellow long before this buy out.