Members Only Mode
  • You need to register to view content, it's 100% free
  • Please register below to remove this limitation
  • Truckingboards is a MEMBERS ONLY Private Forum that first got it's start in 1999, Membership is 100% Free, We have Over 40k Members and approaching 2 million posts that date back to the early 2000's.Registration is easy and fast. We specialize in LTL trucking. Get off those Facebook Groups and come to a place where your identity will be unknown unless you tell someone. Truckingboards has a mobile app that works for Android you can install from your mobile browser. Sorry Apple Users, I know nothing about them.

Click Here

For instructions on how to install the mobile app.

black out weeks

exprez

Am I the only one that finds it odd, since we are " supposedly" under new ownership that we continue to have black out weeks?
I've never heard of any other ltl company doing this. Correct me if I'm wrong. Black out weeks for 2022 were posted today at my terminal.

We are under new ownership, yet we are still run by UPS. It's policies, back office and management teams. TForce has adopted UPS policy "verbatim", and has yet to change any of it.

Crumudgeon

Guru of the Gobblydeguk Constitutionalist
Premium
We are under new ownership, yet we are still run by UPS. It's policies, back office and management teams. TForce has adopted UPS policy "verbatim", and has yet to change any of it.
Sadly, that is the truth.. Nuthin' different except the color of that $2 shirt....

Dockworker

Staff member
Super Moderator
Premium
A fair amount of LTL companies use some sort of “Black Out” week(s) for servicing customer needs. Enforced during end of month and End of quarter, even start of month or quarter. etc. In a business standpoint it makes sense to be at the ready and competitive. In an employee standpoint it sucks.
Without customers we won’t have paychecks.

Crumudgeon

Guru of the Gobblydeguk Constitutionalist
Premium
OVNT, back when trucking was fun!
I wouldn't say it was fun, but it was different. Always felt a part of the Company, not a faceless number to be used and abused, just because they can.
The phrase "Our people made the difference", and even the "Brought to you by our satisfied customers" on the pay envelope made a difference.
HR was reachable, you could talk to your Regional V P, and he/she knew you, mangers knew the industry, they were full-time and were paid fairly well. But hope springs eternal.
People don't mean :crap: anymore. Sadly....

joes bar and grill

I wouldn't say it was fun, but it was different. Always felt a part of the Company, not a faceless number to be used and abused, just because they can.
The phrase "Our people made the difference", and even the "Brought to you by our satisfied customers" on the pay envelope made a difference.
HR was reachable, you could talk to your Regional V P, and he/she knew you, mangers knew the industry, they were full-time and were paid fairly well. But hope springs eternal.
People don't mean :crap: anymore. Sadly....
Sadly that is the attitude they all share

Jmail

Am I the only one that finds it odd, since we are " supposedly" under new ownership that we continue to have black out weeks?
I've never heard of any other ltl company doing this. Correct me if I'm wrong. Black out weeks for 2022 were posted today at my ter
I've never heard of any other ltl company doing this. Correct me if I'm wrong. Black out weeks for 2022 were posted today at my termivernite

I've never heard of any other ltl company doing this. Correct me if I'm wrong. Black out weeks for

If I remember correctly those blackout weeks started 18 years ago under OVNT.
Yes sir it was