TForce | Black Out Weeks

exprez

TB Lurker
Credits
Am I the only one that finds it odd, since we are " supposedly" under new ownership that we continue to have black out weeks?
I've never heard of any other ltl company doing this. Correct me if I'm wrong. Black out weeks for 2022 were posted today at my terminal.

We are under new ownership, yet we are still run by UPS. It's policies, back office and management teams. TForce has adopted UPS policy "verbatim", and has yet to change any of it.

We are under new ownership, yet we are still run by UPS. It's policies, back office and management teams. TForce has adopted UPS policy "verbatim", and has yet to change any of it.
Sadly, that is the truth.. Nuthin' different except the color of that $2 shirt....

A fair amount of LTL companies use some sort of “Black Out” week(s) for servicing customer needs. Enforced during end of month and End of quarter, even start of month or quarter. etc. In a business standpoint it makes sense to be at the ready and competitive. In an employee standpoint it sucks.
Without customers we won’t have paychecks.

Company can have 5 blackout weeks. Page 59 in contract book.
Contract is awful! It's mostly in the company's favor! Plus most of the time the company does what they want..oh the language in it is laughable..anything not in the company's favor is a gray area that's left for Interpretation..

OVNT, back when trucking was fun!
I wouldn't say it was fun, but it was different. Always felt a part of the Company, not a faceless number to be used and abused, just because they can.
The phrase "Our people made the difference", and even the "Brought to you by our satisfied customers" on the pay envelope made a difference.
HR was reachable, you could talk to your Regional V P, and he/she knew you, mangers knew the industry, they were full-time and were paid fairly well. But hope springs eternal.
People don't mean :crap: anymore. Sadly....

I wouldn't say it was fun, but it was different. Always felt a part of the Company, not a faceless number to be used and abused, just because they can.
The phrase "Our people made the difference", and even the "Brought to you by our satisfied customers" on the pay envelope made a difference.
HR was reachable, you could talk to your Regional V P, and he/she knew you, mangers knew the industry, they were full-time and were paid fairly well. But hope springs eternal.
Sadly that is the attitude they all share

Am I the only one that finds it odd, since we are " supposedly" under new ownership that we continue to have black out weeks?
I've never heard of any other ltl company doing this. Correct me if I'm wrong. Black out weeks for 2022 were posted today at my ter
I've never heard of any other ltl company doing this. Correct me if I'm wrong. Black out weeks for 2022 were posted today at my termivernite

I've never heard of any other ltl company doing this. Correct me if I'm wrong. Black out weeks for

If I remember correctly those blackout weeks started 18 years ago under OVNT.
Yes sir it was

I know exactly what you're saying. I became a road driver for OVNT back in 1991 and spent all my 30 years running the road for them. I retired last year from UPSF. I actually had fun most of the time with OVNT and hated my job when I left.

I've never heard of any other ltl company doing this. Correct me if I'm wrong. Black out weeks for 2022 were posted today at my terminal.
Od does black outs

I guess my original post was worded wrong. I'll try again:

Am I the only one that finds it odd that the blackout weeks for 2022 that were posted today at my terminal are the exact dates that UPS package has posted? So much for getting out from under the big brown umbrella.

I guess my original post was worded wrong. I'll try again:

Am I the only one that finds it odd that the blackout weeks for 2022 that were posted today at my terminal are the exact dates that UPS package has posted? So much for getting out from under the big brown umbrella.
Look at your comdata card we were given to fuel. Account holder is UPS GROUND FREIGHT. Expiration date 04/2025...anybody still believe UPS doesn’t own us?