Black Wednesday 03/20/2019

Discussion in 'Announcements and Help' started by Jeff, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Freightmaster1

Freightmaster1 Well-Known Member

And don't forget yellowfreightdrivers.com! Talk about "old timers"! LOL!

2. vongrimmenstein

vongrimmenstein I stand for our flag, & kneel forthe fallen

Driver Since:
    With shorts like that give him only 2%. The other 13% can go towards my next psychiatrist appointment. von.

3. vongrimmenstein

Driver Since:
    How much for all combined? von.

4. Jeff

Jeff Highly Trained Staff

Driver Since:
    @ 2k

5. Jeff

Driver Since:
    Ok, I have made the first fix on the intermittent internal server error problem when posting, I will need feedback on if and/when something happens again so if you get any errors while posting send me a private message.

6. vongrimmenstein

Driver Since:
    I like they way you are handling this. Up front & informing the posters here @ TB. You or the equipment screwed up. You owned it. You are fixing it. And during the process you let us know what when where how & why. That is a lot more than most people or corporations will tell you. Kind of refreshing, not trying to blame others or finding excuses. Your actions have a direct influence why this board thrives & is still on the net. von.

7. Jeff

Driver Since:
    Ain't no use to lie to anyone. I have spent a good part of my adult life with the people on this forum. I have been offered pretty big bucks to sell but I turned them down. It's been a big 20 year learning process... It has to have enough features to keep people interested but it can't be too complex to scare the ones that are computer challenged.
    Facebook has really took a toll on internet forums but Truckingboards is standing it's ground pretty good.
    I remember when I started this forum people thought I was some kind of company rat or something and the only thing I know about anyone is their email address and I can look at their ip and get the general vicinity where they are from, NOW people go on facebook with their real name and cuss their boss out ,How times have changed:duh:

People seen happy and don't like change , the only time I change stuff is when I have no other option
    I plan on running it as long as people keep coming and I have the health and mind to do it...
    I can do more than I ever could but my mind as not as sharp or quick as it was when I started doing this.

vongrimmenstein likes this.
  8. vongrimmenstein

Driver Since:
    You are doing ok. Keep on keepin on. von.

Jeff likes this.
  9. Mike432

Mike432 Well-Known Member

Yes, what he said.
    Keep up the good work.
    Don't know what I'd do without my TB fix everyday...

Jeff likes this.
  10. highspeeds

highspeeds ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY

Dark question. But all this talk has me curious. What happens after you ? Do you have someone ready to carry the torch ?

11. Jeff

Driver Since:
    I am 52, I hope I have some time, if I do , I will sell it probably, if not, who knows. Haven't gave it alot of thought, Maybe I should

12. highspeeds

highspeeds ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY

It's a weird thing getting old. But Gutterbum had a plan. At some point, you will want one too.

When this site stops being for truckers, by truckers. It's dead.

13. Jeff

Driver Since:
    it can be owned by someone who is hands off and still be run by truckers

highspeeds likes this.
  14. Jeff

Driver Since:
    I get 2 or 3 people a year wanting to buy it but I have never even considered selling it

highspeeds likes this.
  15. Jeff

Driver Since:
    Also Gutterbum was healthy when he got tired of doing the Freighthauler forums (1998,1999ish) , He was really disgusted with the content and I told him I would continue them. I had no idea what I was doing back then and had multiple free forums linked together. Then I started learning how things worked. He turned Freighthauler.com into a Christian Forum and it stayed that way for a couple of years. There wasn't that many people to be honest, Freighthauler was actually called afassociates.com in the early days. Well to make a long story longer, I piddled with those free forums until 2002 and thats when I registered the domain name Truckingboards.com , I got it rolling when everything back then was really complicated, space was limited and costs were high, There was no Google to support it, I had to support it from my paycheck. Well after a couple of years went by and Gutterbum saw what he could have had I guess and asked me to give the forum back, I said no because I owned Truckingboards and not Freighthauler and if he wanted to be a competing site that was entirely up to him but I was not going to shut down Truckingboards. I explained it to him and he agreed. He re launched Freighthauler but had little success because there was never that many there to begin with but it was big for it's time. Gutterbum contacted me about 2 or 3 months before he died and told me he was getting things organized because he would be gone soon. He asked me if I wanted to buy the Domain Freighthauler.com , I gave him the price he asked, He told me he wanted me to buy it so it didn't fall in the wrong hands. What he meant by that was that back then we had people who were very jealous of what we created here and wanted it. They would trash me any way they could and post it all over the place to try to discourage people from coming here, They would say I am was a Rat, They said I read their personal messages, They would say I hated Union people, Just all sorts of crazy stuff. He didn't want that Domain to fall into one of those hands... I own Truckingboards.com Truckingboards.net and Freighthauler.com... Hell we even had someone turn Truckingboards.net into a pron site to get at me. It's been a long road...

highspeeds and vongrimmenstein like this.
  16. Jeff

Driver Since:
    [​IMG]