SAIA | Bluetooth is now ok

so what about all the drivers they fired for talking on their headsets? They going to ask them to come back? Lol
The answer is, yes. Word is that anyone who was terminated or quit due to this policy, can get reinstated with good standing. Just repeating what I heard from a TM. We’ll see.

so what about all the drivers they fired for talking on their headsets? They going to ask them to come back? Lol
Strange you would ask.
An article in the Cedar Rapids Gazette said they have recalled all those fired souls with full back pay plus interest and a 5K sign-on bonus.
Train is coming out of retirement as a (morale booster) and driver recruiter at a salary of 200k pr year.

From a non Saia employee here, just be careful with Bluetooth, depending on the ELD your company uses, you may be tracked via your phone, while away from company property.
May I ask how? My phone is not for company use

From a non Saia employee here, just be careful with Bluetooth, depending on the ELD your company uses, you may be tracked via your phone, while away from company property.

Bluetooth is very short range and just lets the ELD device communicate with the tractor engine computer. How can your phone connect with anything company related when away from the job?

If you work a company that uses the new fangeled phone apps instead of an onboard eld (your phone becomes the eld).

If you work a company that uses the new fangeled phone apps instead of an onboard eld (your phone becomes the eld).
I've used my phone lots of times when no ELD's are available or non-working. After I'm done I turn off Bluetooth and Location on my phone. I haven't seen any black helicopters hovering around my house yet. Although they might be there when I'm asleep!

I've used my phone lots of times when no ELD's are available or non-working. After I'm done I turn off Bluetooth and Location on my phone. I haven't seen any black helicopters hovering around my house yet. Although they might be there when I'm asleep!
You are being watched. I saw a video today online , looked like you & your dog, taking a leak in your backyard.
dog peeing GIF

Last edited:
This could explain why your wife knows exactly what time to have food on the table or to wake you up.

Then the company needs to provide me with a company phone. I have yet to see a driving job that requires me to have a cellphone