FedEx Freight | Bluetooth Now Legal In Our Tractors

If thats hard enough to believe they are thinking of putting phone cradles in the trucks too.
Yep, "in the event a company-provided securement device is not available in the CMV employees are permitted to use a personal removable cup holder securement device that does not cause damage to the vehicle and are removed at the end of the employee' shift".

One key point: the device must be secured, to be in compliance...

Yep, "in the event a company-provided securement device is not available in the CMV employees are permitted to use a personal removable cup holder securement device that does not cause damage to the vehicle and are removed at the end of the employee' shift".

Sounds like they want to use your cell instead of company equipment? If so, be sure to charge by the minute, with a $20 air sur charge fee per day to access YOUR phone. Then, charge them a carrying fee if the distance from you car to your tractor is more than 75 feet. A standard fee for bed buggy guys. von.

Sounds like they want to use your cell instead of company equipment? If so, be sure to charge by the minute, with a $20 air sur charge fee per day to access YOUR phone. Then, charge them a carrying fee if the distance from you car to your tractor is more than 75 feet. A standard fee for bed buggy guys. von.
You can always count on a driver to spin a positive into a negative. Bravo, sir!

You can always count on a driver to spin a positive into a negative. Bravo, sir!
Dear George. I love to stir the pot. just to see what happens. My 18 years with ABF I used my phone all the time for ABF business. It helped the company, but more important it helped me. I called the customer about the delivery, not dispatch. It was to my & the customers advantage to use it. Did it help the company? Probably. But that was not the reason to use it. They hired a new terminal manager & told us not to call the customer, they would. That did not even last a week. After they got so far behind in operations, they reversed themselves & things returned to normal. Imagine that. Besides the driver on the street who has the most contact with puck up & deliveries can in most cases manage the job much better than a person in a room just dispatching.

A personal, removable, cup holder, securement device? Is that like a coffee travel mug,also with a built in phone? So if you are drinking coffee, you can take a call too?

Nope. Went on to specify that we are not to use our cell phones for company business.

Dear George. I love to stir the pot. just to see what happens. My 18 years with ABF I used my phone all the time for ABF business. It helped the company, but more important it helped me. I called the customer about the delivery, not dispatch. It was to my & the customers advantage to use it. Did it help the company? Probably. But that was not the reason to use it. They hired a new terminal manager & told us not to call the customer, they would. That did not even last a week. After they got so far behind in operations, they reversed themselves & things returned to normal. Imagine that. Besides the driver on the street who has the most contact with puck up & deliveries can in most cases manage the job much better than a person in a room just dispatching.
I hear ya, brother von. How many times did dispatch say: “We’ll call the customer...just get on the road!” Then, we get there and it’s: “Nobody called! I sent my warehouse guys home to celebrate Leonardo DaVinci’s birthday!” I used more cell minutes for work-related things than I did for personal use while working for Ay-Bee-Efuh.

Nope. Went on to specify that we are not to use our cell phones for company business.
Excellent point!

"As a general rule, employees, including salaried employees, are PROHIBITED from contacting other employees on their personal cell phones for business purposes during the recipient’s working time, meal periods and rest breaks.

Employees are not required or expected to use personal cell phones or personal electronic devices for company business. Company issued devices are provided for conducting company business and should not be used for personal matters except in the case of emergency.

"Violations of these policies will be handled in accordance with the corrective action process."

Good policy, IMHO, ESPECIALLY during breaks AND when it comes to any residential customers. Calls to residential customers should always come from an actual FedEx phone number, for a number of reasons.

Excellent point!

"As a general rule, employees, including salaried employees, are PROHIBITED from contacting other employees on their personal cell phones for business purposes during the recipient’s working time, meal periods and rest breaks.

Employees are not required or expected to use personal cell phones or personal electronic devices for company business. Company issued devices are provided for conducting company business and should not be used for personal matters except in the case of emergency.

"Violations of these policies will be handled in accordance with the corrective action process."

Good policy, IMHO, ESPECIALLY during breaks AND when it comes to any residential customers. Calls to residential customers should always come from an actual FedEx phone number, for a number of reasons.
That’s the policy but I’d say drivers stopped answering fedex calls.Hubs can’t plan the kickouts drivers start filing to get paid for runs they were passed over on. All the sudden new policy.