XPO | blythe shut down

BlueColoredTrucks

TB Regular
Credits
what i hear from other drivers:

blythe, ca (UBY), had a hazmat spill of inhilation haztard. Entire dock was shut down, haz mat crew and riverside county health inspectors on the scene with meters and stuff. All drivers are on the street, cannot even get on the property, all drivers will lay-over, all freight will be delayed. This happened at about 1am, so very few if any drivers returned. This will cause massive back-up starting with the city operations who will be short on trucks. They will have a fairly light day today, but huge day tommorow with all the backed up freight. Not to mention the nightime linehaul operations will be short drivers, maybe even into friday due to hours of service for the drivers stuck out there...

This is terriible news for us who work at con-way, with the recent propane explosion at kettleman and now an inhilation hazard at blythe, somethings wrong....and they just showed us all those videos too...

some big wigs out there must be real pissed right now...

i wasnt available for a blythe run due to a huge fresno run i had the previous day which caused me to start later....oh boy....looks like i missed the bucket by a few...

In my opnion some of this can be prevented by not working your drivers 14 + hours every freakin' day. When people are tired they are more prone to make mistakes.

BRAVO BLUE BRAVO BRAVO, but in the eyes of CNWY & their crackerjack staff we are conbots we do not make mistakes under any circumstances!!!!!!!!!! BRAVO BLUE BRAVO BRAVO

In USB I was told only 15 drivers layed over, everybody else came home. Hey Yellow so you finally made it to my barn the other night huh? You must work outta ULA.

we were told a total of 46 drivers were layed down from this, and then this morning we were told that it was only the vapor from the DRY ICE, and not a leaking PIN (6.1) situation, better safe than sorry! but costly oversight never the less.

That's happened before. If you tip the box the vapor from the dry ice will come out you would think that would have been one of the first things they checked

ufn via

In USB I was told only 15 drivers layed over, everybody else came home. Hey Yellow so you finally made it to my barn the other night huh? You must work outta ULA.

i work fac at ULA and recently theyve been short on vans for pacific northwest freight, so we make pure pups that head to fresno...
...the last time i hit your barn before this, they almost sent me straight to sacramento for a layover...thsi was the day they had like 20 portland/tacoma/seattle pups....

the terminal i work out of is a color closely related to yellow....lol not that hard to figure out...

about Uby, looks like it was just a false alarm, but a costly one at that.... i went to blythe lastnight since most of the senior drivers were not available and/or just coming back....

costly, true, but everyone is safe, and one guy going down would have been much costlier...I know alot of those guys cuz I see them at UKC too, and they would prefer the precautions that were taken...still haven't seen a piece of freight worth a human life...

not me,,,3 shades Con-way blue....and I gotta know, Prezars, is that your senior class picture, or have you recently graduated from dental college..?!?!?!

Years back a state trooper saw a leak coming from a truck and stopped it. He started walking up and the fumes overcame him. He suffered severe damage to his lungs and had to retire. Last I heard it wasn't but a few years later that he died from it.

You don't KNOW how many times I've wanted to tell Prezars to send that pic to ConWay and ask for a better dental plan! :hysterical:

and I gotta know, Prezars, is that your senior class picture, or have you recently graduated from dental college..?!?!?!

hey prezars, i saw some new housing communities on the west side of the 99N, was wondering the average prices? cant compare to the orange county for sure.....

if i were to transfer out to ufn, bottom of the board or jr linehaul would i get my precious ULA runs or anthing?

hey prezars, i saw some new housing communities on the west side of the 99N, was wondering the average prices? cant compare to the orange county for sure.....

if i were to transfer out to ufn, bottom of the board or jr linehaul would i get my precious ULA runs or anthing?

The new houses you saw are in the town of Fowler, thats were I live, most new homes there start at 250k but you can still find older homes for less than 200k. It's a nice little town when I moved there 20 years ago it only had 1800 residents now its up to 5000. Very little happens in Fowler hardly any crime at all. It's the kind of town where you know all your neighbors and you can still leave you pick up unlocked. As far as transfering to UFN you probably wont see much of ULA but if you want to be on the lineboard you will more than likely go UKC wich isnt that bad of a deal because our guys that go there usually get via's to USA,UOA,UST,USJ,USL,USM,UBA or even USR sometimes so they do allright. If you know Eric Salazar ask him how it went for him, he transfered to UFN from UIV a couple of years ago. I think he goes to ULA sometimes. I think he's #10 on the lineboard. I hope I helped you