XPO | Bonehead FOS, DSR, and DW

What does that have to do with the terminal being a union shop . We see the same almost every week coming into us . It happens at both organized terminals and those that are not .Also are dock workers are not organized and are probably most likely who loaded the trailer. Our drivers don’t work the dock much on outbound unless we’re short dock workers . The exception being the last 2 weeks our linehaul drivers worked our outbound dock cleaning up. We had made no picks all of last week because we were so buried . It took the whole week to get us current . We’re short 20 drivers.
20 drivers? What would be considered fully staffed, including the 20 you’re short…just curious.

V.P..... i saw a Ross trlr. on S/R 60 in Lake Wales Fl. .... long way from New England
Yeah that is weird. Seeing how Ross is 75% owned by Pitt/Ohio, and soon to be 100% owned, Ross and P/O interchange trailers. Pitt only directly services the mid Atlantic and mid west where their terminals are…all other North American points are interlined with their partner carriers. Soooo, my guess is that Ross had a full straight load going to Florida that went into the Pitt/Ohio system and Pitt Just told their interline partner that covers Florida to take the already loaded Ross trailer down there for the delivery.
How’s that for a plausible explanation?

I got popped with a random alcohol test in mid-March. I failed and was fired, and rightfully so. I have no hard feelings toward NAV (Asheville) but I am loading trailers for Owens and Minor, dealing with competing LTLs Averitt, Old Dominion and R&L. I am getting a full 40+ a week (OT is mostly voluntary), but because of my LTL experience, I am uniquely qualified to talk shop with our drivers. I was only getting about 30 a week at NAV, so I have taken a step up, more money, and no regrets. I was just thinking when I went through Code of Ethics training today that I am seriously glad to be out of XPO. And did you see the XPO trailer that got blown over in the Upper Midwest? It was on The Weather Channel. I saw it and laughed.

I got popped with a random alcohol test in mid-March. I failed and was fired, and rightfully so. I have no hard feelings toward NAV (Asheville) but I am loading trailers for Owens and Minor, dealing with competing LTLs Averitt, Old Dominion and R&L. I am getting a full 40+ a week (OT is mostly voluntary), but because of my LTL experience, I am uniquely qualified to talk shop with our drivers. I was only getting about 30 a week at NAV, so I have taken a step up, more money, and no regrets. I was just thinking when I went through Code of Ethics training today that I am seriously glad to be out of XPO. And did you see the XPO trailer that got blown over in the Upper Midwest? It was on The Weather Channel. I saw it and laughed.
Glad things worked out well for you, I mean that. I'm glad you didn't have to kill someone or yourself to make a change. I hope you are making that change, good luck Godslave.

There's an FOS in LAB that needs to be breathalyzed every day immediately after he punches in.

Steady decline over the last couple months. Used to be hard, but an efficient boss. Now his dock sucks and he's just a *****. The difference between the dock he runs and what the other FOS's do is becoming more and more noticeable.