FedEx Freight | Bonus check or a paid day off?

Packerfan

TB Lurker
Credits
What would you rather receive. Bonus Check or a Paid Day Off? Too me you get more for a paid day off and less tax you have to pay. I would rather receive a paid day off. At least at the Big 3, the workers get an awesome bonus check. For as much money that we make for the company. The board memebers walk away with millions of dollars a year in profit that we made happen. I believe in capitalism. But not greed. Spread the wealth to the ones who earned it.

qGejsya.jpg

This....

What would you rather receive. Bonus Check or a Paid Day Off? Too me you get more for a paid day off and less tax you have to pay. I would rather receive a paid day off. At least at the Big 3, the workers get an awesome bonus check. For as much money that we make for the company. The board memebers walk away with millions of dollars a year in profit that we made happen. I believe in capitalism. But not greed. Spread the wealth to the ones who earned it.
This is actually a good idea. Well, considering that fact that at least hourly employees don't get that much of a bonus.

Many companies offer large bonuses. I'd be curious as to what FedEx salaried employees get.

The bonus I get as a full time dock worker at top scale translates to about 2 days worth of pay twice per year. I can't complain, but I get a little irritated when they have long pre-shifts about doing things the right way for extra bonus money. This isn't Goldman Sachs - it isn't that much. I'd rather do it the right way because that's what I'm being paid for and we want to retain customers (most of them...) and not screw over the next guy who has to unload it/deliver it.

As for the topic, I'd rather be given a paid day off with no chance of denial. Same goes for employee of the month, which at my center only gets a poorly written message on the bulletin board and a parking spot near the entrance.

This is actually a good idea. Well, considering that fact that at least hourly employees don't get that much of a bonus.

Many companies offer large bonuses. I'd be curious as to what FedEx salaried employees get.

Speak for yourself you must not get that much ot. My bonus the last couple times has been at least 2 and a half days of pay. Who knows how it will work out with the new bonus parameters.

Speak for yourself you must not get that much ot. My bonus the last couple times has been at least 2 and a half days of pay. Who knows how it will work out with the new bonus parameters.

294dec4570d1a9a26037fec16a4f63fc.jpg

Wow! 2.5 days pay?? Living large there, Crazy!!

I'm talking thousands in bonus. Stock options. Buying FedEx stock at a discount from market price. Now THAT would be some good bennies!

How ‘bout a paid bonus check! Best of both worlds! :)

294dec4570d1a9a26037fec16a4f63fc.jpg

Wow! 2.5 days pay?? Living large there, Crazy!!

I'm talking thousands in bonus. Stock options. Buying FedEx stock at a discount from market price. Now THAT would be some good bennies!

What are you talking about? You said it would be a good idea to have 1 paid day off instead of bonus, I then said that doesn't add up considering my bonus added up to 2.5 days of pay.

What are you talking about? You said it would be a good idea to have 1 paid day off instead of bonus, I then said that doesn't add up considering my bonus added up to 2.5 days of pay.
Ok. How's this: Oooh, wow! 2.5 days! I'm impressed!! In your case they should make an exception and give you 2.5 days off!!!

Either way, 1 day off or 2.5 days off isn't ::shit:: as a bonus in the grand scheme of things and that's what I was trying to allude to.

Careful what you wish for. Corporate does listen, and might take you seriously...

As some "wish" for an added "bonus day off", the true value of that is nowhere close to the value of the bonus, as we know it. The value of a day off, for a typical driver, is a between $200 & $400. We are on track to make consistent double digit operating ratios, which would equate to $800-$1300+ bonuses (twice/year), under the previous plan/benefit.

Of course that may be unlikely under this new (not yet known) plan.

Has anyone heard or seen this new "plan"?

Back in July, we were told this:
*Mike Ducker said to look for details (in the coming days) on changes to the AIC (bonus) plan for FY-2019. Said it is to be based on “Enterprise-Wide Performance”.

Ok. How's this: Oooh, wow! 2.5 days! I'm impressed!! In your case they should make an exception and give you 2.5 days off!!!

Either way, 1 day off or 2.5 days off isn't :::shit::: as a bonus in the grand scheme of things and that's what I was trying to allude to.

It's better than nothing. Last time I checked we don't negotiate our benefits or anything for that matter. They could stop the bonus program at any time they choose.