FedEx Freight | Bonus

Last October I jumped out of the LTL business and went right into aerospace. I only worked 2 months there and they gave me $700.00 bonus. I also get a pension and the health insurance benefits are absolutely the best. And I am making as much as I was at FedEx Freight.

You guys are getting screwed and treated like crap by a bunch of non driving managers. You all deserve better than the crappy bonus and the pay raise only to pay off your health care insurance. Y'All need to organize a union and get the money and health insurance that you all earned.

It must be the city guys who get crapped on by supervisors. On the road side I just come in grab my paper work and hand held and go. I’ve dealt with some morons at the hubs I run to but I just give them a smile and do my job since I only have to deal with them maybe a couple hours a night for a couple months. I’ve never really had any major issues in my 5 years here with managers or supervisors. I even went from a small SC to a hub. I know I’m only a number but I don’t care. The check clears every Friday morning. If I wanted to be family member I’d go get a job that pays half of what I am making. I had more issues with managers at XPO and I was only there for 4 months lol.

Happy bonus guys! I’m gonna go take out a loan for a down payment on a tri-toon pontoon boat. I plan on paying the down payment back with my bonus money. Rest I’ll finance for 132 months at 12% interest since the fed raised the rates. My payment will be a little less than my mortgage. ;)

It must be the city guys who get crapped on by supervisors. On the road side I just come in grab my paper work and hand held and go. I’ve dealt with some morons at the hubs I run to but I just give them a smile and do my job since I only have to deal with them maybe a couple hours a night for a couple months. I’ve never really had any major issues in my 5 years here with managers or supervisors. I even went from a small SC to a hub. I know I’m only a number but I don’t care. The check clears every Friday morning. If I wanted to be family member I’d go get a job that pays half of what I am making. I had more issues with managers at XPO and I was only there for 4 months lol.

Happy bonus guys! I’m gonna go take out a loan for a down payment on a tri-toon pontoon boat. I plan on paying the down payment back with my bonus money. Rest I’ll finance for 132 months at 12% interest since the fed raised the rates. My payment will be a little less than my mortgage. ;)

As a road driver, nobody bothers me. I make my gates and I don't hear from anybody.

As a city driver, I was public enemy number 3 or 4. Being around supervisors all the time put you in a situation where you either took their nonsense or you stood up for yourself. I chose the latter. They didn't like that. Never would've happened if they did their jobs properly.

About a year ago, a newly hired CDSA went to management to complain about working over night and getting the crap run everybody else passed on. Manager said "another center needs a volunteer, go there". Never offered it to anybody else and we didn't know about it until he was over there.

A year later same thing happens. Center needs volunteers and a DDI tells his students and nobody else knows about it. I made an ethics complaint and in the box I wrote "this is how union talks start" and in hindsight I should've been anonymous, but I was pretty pissed off.

Here comes the petty retaliation. Threats of write-ups for nonsense and they wouldn't give me my safety shoev reimbursement. Every week I'd text (paper trail) asking for an update letting him know I didn't get it. On the 2 month anniversary, back to ethics line and my reimbursement was on my next check.

I'm good to the ones that are good to me. If you're a douche canoe, I can reciprocate that too. You get what you give.

Did you have the Dave Ramsey show on a couple weeks ago to hear the story about the guy refinancing a pontoon boat for a lower payment too?