Yellow | "box Truck"

Small pup and single axle will go anywhere a box truck can and more.
I get stops all day that say must be on pup or short trailer, on a 48 or 53 and get them off.
Mindset not equipment.
That’s is why we are in trouble.
We are our own worst enemies.

I get stops all day that say must be on pup or short trailer, on a 48 or 53 and get them off.
Mindset not equipment.
Great, but the point of this thread, is now you have all these box trucks running around, why should the long boxes even go into these " limited access" areas? Not all that get these deliveries are super truckers like you. Most of the driver's we get now are fresh out of school or from over the road driver's , not much backing experience.

Mindset not equipment.

Cmon Dokman, next, you'll be telling us you are good as the "All time Mastio Champ"

Great, but the point of this thread, is now you have all these box trucks running around, why should the long boxes even go into these " limited access" areas? Not all that get these deliveries are super truckers like you. Most of the driver's we get now are fresh out of school or from over the road driver's , not much backing experience.

Never said anything about skill set, said mostly mindset.
We are our own worst enemy.
Trash can run over in trash can, someone bitches, then guy that bitches will say not my job.
MINDSET.

Never said anything about skill set, said mostly mindset.
We are our own worst enemy.
Trash can run over in trash can, someone bitches, then guy that bitches will say not my job.
MINDSET.
Mindset should be about SAFETY- first, last, and always. Some deliveries just shouldn't be attempted on a longbox. Maybe you made it once or a few times, but that doesn't mean it's safe. Think about the next guy and his record if they pressure him into having an accident.

Well, my opinion , they should be getting many if these " crap deliveries". By us we send far too many big boxes into residential areas because they have no one else to do it. Also, many car dealers are not set up for long trailers and we risk it anyway.
Good point get the 'bad deliveries' off of runs so those drivers are more productive. In the end this is about making a profit...

Mindset should be about SAFETY- first, last, and always. Some deliveries just shouldn't be attempted on a longbox. Maybe you made it once or a few times, but that doesn't mean it's safe. Think about the next guy and his record if they pressure him into having an accident.

Dude a lot of these stops have sleeper trucks go in and deliver.
Once again it is mindset, a lot like it is not my job comment.
Once again we are our own worst enemy.

And your safety comment, have you done a good pre trip on equipment?

Freight has to move one way or another and they are NOT willing to offer premium pay to attract new drivers so they will have to do box trucks & sub-contracting with P.T.S. trucking companies and expect more non-speaking English drivers coming on board too , as ALL trucking companies just don't get it about treating drivers well & pay scales .......................

This comment has nothing to do with question of box truck vs long box . Jimmy is making the point that skill sets differ. You just sound like lots of deliveries I've been at ; they say " well so and so gets in there with a bigger truck than the one you're in" my response is invariably well good for that driver , he must be a better driver than I am but he's not here , I am . You can request that super driver at your next delivery, meanwhile, I'm here. I'm not attempting it so what do you want to do, refuse the freight or help me get this delivered rather than critiquing my driving skills . By the way where's your CDL? That usually ends the conversation about where my truck is going and where it is not.

I signed up for LTL to do LTL. Not household goods and Final Mile home set up stuff. I realize there is some gray overlap between sectors but the stuff is getting out of hand. These LTL's want to do this Final Mile stuff they need to get the personnel equipment and schedule to do it . I am not going to blow up my back, shoulders or knees or loose my safety bonus to appease some homeowner or business owner trying to save pennies by ordering a widget or do dad over the internet and having it shipped LTL vs having the appropriate home delivery services at retailers or suppliers to deliver appliances, machines, motors, pools, whatever to addresses that are not equipped with the equipment to handle said widget or do dad.

Last edited:
This comment has nothing to do with question of box truck vs long box . Jimmy is making the point that skill sets differ. You just sound like lots of deliveries I've been at ; they say " well so and so gets in there with a bigger truck than the one you're in" my response is invariably well good for that driver , he must be a better driver than I am but he's not here , I am . You can request that super driver at your next delivery, meanwhile, I'm here. I'm not attempting it so what do you want to do, refuse the freight or help me get this delivered rather than critiquing my driving skills . By the way where's your CDL? That usually ends the conversation about where my truck is going and where it is not.

I signed up for LTL to do LTL. Not household goods and Final Mile home set up stuff. I realize there is some gray overlap between sectors but the stuff is getting out of hand. These LTL's want to do this Final Mile stuff they need to get the personnel equipment and schedule to do it . I am not going to blow up my back, shoulders or knees or loose my safety bonus to appease some homeowner or business owner trying to save pennies by ordering a widget or do dad over the internet and having it shipped LTL vs having the appropriate home delivery services at retailers or suppliers to deliver appliances, machines, motors, pools, whatever to addresses that are not equipped with the equipment to handle said widget or do dad.
So then are you saying you don’t want to be the, “guy”, delivering the swing set to the millennial, who sat his lazy ass on his couch, ordering it 2 days before, online, and now expects you to put it in a pre determined area, in his fenced in back yard,assemble it, load up the packaging, and they text you from their pool as you are leaving, that you put it 30” too close to the Lexus in his driveway?

So then are you saying you don’t want to be the, “guy”, delivering the swing set to the millennial, who sat his lazy ass on his couch, ordering it 2 days before, online, and now expects you to put it in a pre determined area, in his fenced in back yard,assemble it, load up the packaging, and they text you from their pool as you are leaving, that you put it 30” too close to the Lexus in his driveway?
Not unless I can do it as a subcontractor for coop dispatch

Well said!!

Well, mr. smarty pants, you just blew a delivery, I live in a 2 story house on pilings, just ordered a Grand piano
to be delivered on the 2nd floor.
I was going to request you with a 53' trailer down own my deadend street on the water.
You can forget it now, I'll ask for BillyLo.

Since you asked- I've received Two Indiana Motor Truck Association Driver of the Month Awards, have over 3 Million Safe Miles (27 years on the road, plus 22 years in the City peddling freight/ some with a sleeper tractor and a 53') and have passed (no infractions) 4 DOT Roadside inspections in the last 12 months.

So,..... Yes, I have.

Last edited:
Since you asked- I've received Two Indiana Motor Truck Association Driver of the Month Awards, have over 3 Million Safe Miles (27 years on the road, plus 22 years in the City peddling freight/ some with a sleeper tractor and a 53') and have passed (no infractions) 4 DOT Roadside inspections in the last 12 months.

So,..... Yes, I have.
I bet you could do a pretrip while wearing a bag on your head.