XPO | Boy, is freight getting slow:

We’re still getting a decent amount of OT at our barn for now. I can imagine that the smaller barns must be slow.
Is anyone still using cartridge ?
We lost so much business during the greedy period earlier this year . If we had half of that business back we be in fine shape . We have customers that used us for 20 plus years who dumped us for the poor service. Not just a few but a bunch.
Cartage not cartridge.

At my barn we just had/in the middle of a school with two students. We sat/sick call at least one person a night for the last two weeks. Freight has been inconsistent. Super light with a lot of vias home, to not enough to cover going home.
And I guess beside the two students we hired a new guy. I think this make 10 to 12 new drivers this year. It’s not making sense, unless the TM is trying out a new idea of split seating to keep OT low. I know , I know this has never been tried before.

Like the rest of the city guys, they care about the customers more than fos. They get it done them take lunch after.
Do you know what an "enabler" is? It's someone who enables someone else's (FOS) bad/incompetent behavior. If drivers didn't cover up for the inability of the FOS to properly schedule pickups/deliveries then maybe the pathetic FOS would get replaced by someone who knows how to properly do their job.

Do you know what an "enabler" is? It's someone who enables someone else's (FOS) bad/incompetent behavior. If drivers didn't cover up for the inability of the FOS to properly schedule pickups/deliveries then maybe the pathetic FOS would get replaced by someone who knows how to properly do their job.
I agree. It’s been ingrained due to years of incompetent middle management.

100 %. Drivers make this company happen . We make up for the complete incompetence of the management. . I have been with company many years more than most . I can tell you that we correct their mistakes daily . They know it also and count on it .

That's a very broad accusation of an FOS, particularly the inbound planner. I've been with this company long enough and spoke with enough managers to know that what you're saying has little or nothing to do with what time a driver takes lunch during his peddle.

I’m a big believer in “stupidity on your part doesn’t constitute an emergency on my part”. If it means I’ll take my lunch later to pick up an early closer, I’ll do it. Once and a while. Just don’t take advantage of me.

Every major economy unfortunately is suffering from the same economic strain.

and almost every economy big cause of inflation is energy. Just a few year ago we were energy independent. Now we are begging other countries to produce more.
There was this one guy I think his name was Trump told the UN in 2018 about European countries being depended on Russia oil and places like Germany laugh at him. So look what Germany is doing now:
While we run around on or knees begging for more and Europeans about to freeze this winter place like China are increasing production within there own country.
The reason we are not energy independent any more is because of one guy. The guy that is sitting at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave Washington DC.

Like the rest of the city guys, they care about the customers more than fos. They get it done them take lunch after.
This is about it. I do stop and eat my sandwich or grab some food somewhere during the day, but I do what I think is appropriate to help out my customers who I see every day and genuinely like. But for that full half hour, I work it in where I can or where I want to.

Re "enabling", yeah, there cab ne truth here, not gonna lie. Bit I've also brought plenty of things back or missed pickups when I felt like eating/taking a break earlier than later.

I just do what I can. I don't normally take a lunch just to make a point but it's been known to happen for sure.

The line between these things cam be blurry at times and I'd never dump on someone for choosing different.... except maybe the people who don't take lunch and work for free.

The reason we are not energy independent any more is because of one guy. The guy that is sitting at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave Washington DC.
This is false. The US was not energy independent under Trump or for that matter any other president. That is a statistical fact. Don’t let politics skew your interpretation of the facts.

100 %. Drivers make this company happen . We make up for the complete incompetence of the management. . I have been with company many years more than most . I can tell you that we correct their mistakes daily . They know it also and count on it .
Have you seen some of the driver were are hiring??? The incompetence is on both side. Most couldn't find there way out of a paper bag unless they use a GPS or google maps, god forbid you hand them a map book. Most don't even know which way they are headed. Am I going North, South, East, or West.
We can blame management but these new driver give a whole new meaning to Dumb truck driver

I sure many senior drivers will say it was required to skip lunch or more like expected to and they were happy to do it