XPO | Boy, is freight getting slow:

That's because they want the old guys to quit. Line-haul is becoming Utility Drivers at Yellow in hopes to force them out. They will be expected to get out and work the dock at their destination terminals which probably won't be as many miles away as their normal line haul bids were.
Just one question is "Utility Drivers" in the contract? If so they can't bi1ch about it they voted for it.

Just one question is "Utility Drivers" in the contract? If so they can't bi1ch about it they voted for it.
I don't bitch about it too much. They've been doing that here for over a year. They came to New Penn to insert it in a contact way back and said that New Penn's system could never use them......
We voted it in.....and New Penn's system died and Yellow's took over. They put it in years ahead.

This COO doesn't just involve reducing boards like they did ours. We were still left with reduced road boards along with the new UE. This COO eliminated the rest of the road that we had left. And eliminates road entirely at many terminals. That's the bitch now.

I don't bitch about it too much. They've been doing that here for over a year. They came to New Penn to insert it in a contact way back and said that New Penn's system could never use them......
We voted it in.....and New Penn's system died and Yellow's took over. They put it in years ahead.

This COO doesn't just involve reducing boards like they did ours. We were still left with reduced road boards along with the new UE. This COO eliminated the rest of the road that we had left. And eliminates road entirely at many terminals. That's the bitch now.
I also heard alot of new penn barns are on the chopping block with the merger

It must be a regional thing. We don't have that problem. My truck bad water pump fixed in two day. We had another truck towed back for a the same problem fixed in 2 days. Dolly broken leaf spring fix in 2 days. I and other drivers have brought back parts from XMI shop for our trucks and trailer. I known of drivers including me bring back brakes and drums, leaf springs, water pumps, air bags even a turbo. The longest anything has sat O/S at my barn were trailers that had roof damage and one truck with a trans problem that was tow to the dealer within 4 days and we had it back in 2.
Drives us up a wall. Truck goes to shop. They do estimate, our fos sends it to maintenance, and we wait, wait, wait. We have had one truck down for 7 months. Then again, we haven’t had the trucks washed in 13 months, other than rain.

I also heard alot of new penn barns are on the chopping block with the merger
Some are. Pittsburg New Penn is closing. They are moving into Yellow Pittsburg.
But it becomes a New Penn barn.
Alot is in the nationwide MOU. Most in Eastern PA are reduction or change of area with same terminals existing. It's drawn up to get us out of the same areas and makes sense. That part.
We go to places in which maybe Yellow and New Penn deliver in the morning and both go back in the afternoon for pickups.
This way, one truck goes in for delivery. And one for pickups. Instead of delivering one skid, well deliver 2. Same with pickups.

Corporate. We have to wait for some idiot in maintenance to ok the repairs. They decide what gets fixed and what doesn’t. Takes 2 weeks to get approval.
I haven’t seen that with our shop. We have a tractor with over 1 million miles on it that still gets what it needs to run its 600 mile a day linehaul run.

I haven’t seen that with our shop. We have a tractor with over 1 million miles on it that still gets what it needs to run its 600 mile a day linehaul run.
This is the same fool who last year wouldn’t give us the ok to swap tires out because the were not at the pull point yet. 3 drivers hit the ditch. We threatened to call the dot and workplace health and safety. Boss went to someone regional, all tires changed in a week. Oh… and they were at 5/32, not 4/32. That’s the logic.

This is the same fool who last year wouldn’t give us the ok to swap tires out because the were not at the pull point yet. 3 drivers hit the ditch. We threatened to call the dot and workplace health and safety. Boss went to someone regional, all tires changed in a week. Oh… and they were at 5/32, not 4/32. That’s the logic.
Profit over safety. Definitely the culture of Brad Jacobs.

Your inflation rate is around 7 % and gas around $5.20 a gallon US ? Our inflation rate is 8.2 with average gas around $3.79 per gallon .
UK a is a 13 % inflation rate and fuel at $ 5.79 per gallon.

Poor Americans we have it so much worse because of our President. I think there’s more at work than any administration or party can fix unfortunately.
8 my ass,just paid $5 for a dz eggs,gas doubled,heating oil doubled,groceries are up minimum 25%