XPO | Boy, is freight getting slow:

nightryder

TB Lurker
Credits
Seems like each night it's getting slower and slower on reship dock. Been sitting 1-2 drivers just about each night. Haven't seen it like this since 08/09. How are other reships / terminals fairing right now?

It does seem slow. Every day looking for people to take time off. Yet other terminals are running driving schools and training new drivers.

It does seem slow. Every day looking for people to take time off. Yet other terminals are running driving schools and training new drivers.
That part is hard to understand. I've heard talk of making the trainer full-time at one terminal nearby. The thing is , that many people aren't being trained to have someone do it full-time.

Yeah, they waited too long to start the schools and lost lots of customers.

Seems like each night it's getting slower and slower on reship dock. Been sitting 1-2 drivers just about each night. Haven't seen it like this since 08/09. How are other reships / terminals fairing right now?
When people have less extra cash to spend we move less. Just think about what you spend on gas just to go to work. I went from $35 to $40 per week to around $60+.
I have less extra cash now even though I make more per hour. A 8%+ monthly inflation rate is killing everyone

We are just trying to fill the empties spot that were left or going to be empty by retiree's. We still can't cover our own OB freight with a full LH board.

At my barn we just had/in the middle of a school with two students. We sat/sick call at least one person a night for the last two weeks. Freight has been inconsistent. Super light with a lot of vias home, to not enough to cover going home.

Wow. And I thought our leader was out of touch.
Your inflation rate is around 7 % and gas around $5.20 a gallon US ? Our inflation rate is 8.2 with average gas around $3.79 per gallon .
UK a is a 13 % inflation rate and fuel at $ 5.79 per gallon.

Poor Americans we have it so much worse because of our President. I think there’s more at work than any administration or party can fix unfortunately.

Last edited:
We’re still getting a decent amount of OT at our barn for now. I can imagine that the smaller barns must be slow.
Is anyone still using cartridge ?
We lost so much business during the greedy period earlier this year . If we had half of that business back we be in fine shape . We have customers that used us for 20 plus years who dumped us for the poor service. Not just a few but a bunch.

We’re still getting a decent amount of OT at our barn for now. I can imagine that the smaller barns must be slow.
Is anyone still using cartridge ?
We lost so much business during the greedy period earlier this year . If we had half of that business back we be in fine shape . We have customers that used us for 20 plus years who dumped us for the poor service. Not just a few but a bunch.
I still can't believe we pulled all that freight in and couldn't move it. Greed greed greed.

I still can't believe we pulled all that freight in and couldn't move it. Greed greed greed.
It really reflected bad on the company as a whole . I do believe some of the slowdown places are seeing is based on pissed of customers.
Let’s hope going forward we do not make the same mistake.