Estes | Boy its gittin ugly

Don't forget that SAIA is laying off 800 people.

They are rotating extra days off at a couple terminals I have visited.

I hear some of the OTR truckload companies are laying off and some these companies have a 120% turnover. I dont know but it sure is getting quiet out there on the highway.

Revolving layoffs for P&D in my barn.. On call, on your day. They usually bring you in though..

4 day weeks in south

we are rotating a day off every other week for p&d. Hope it doesn't get worse but meeting tom morning so we will see what good news we have. ONE 24OZ. DOWN OVER AND OUTY.:1036316054:

UPS is laying off 3,000 total from its various companies, parcel, freight, supply chain solutions, etc. Not sure which division is gonna get hit hardest with the layoffs, I know its been stated that they won't be hiring as many temps this holiday season...bill count has been down at my terminal, my hours vary though...not sure how the local Estes terminal is doing up the street

man i know i hope the best for everyone. the busier every other company is the better off we are. and if i ever want to get a real LTL job. :hysterical: kinda hard now that every company is cuttin back. we all are kinda stuck and I don't like that feelin:hide:

If President elect Obama keeps all the promises he made, We will most likely slide into a depression and cripple the economy.

man i know i hope the best for everyone. the busier every other company is the better off we are. and if i ever want to get a real LTL job. :hysterical: kinda hard now that every company is cuttin back. we all are kinda stuck and I don't like that feelin:hide:

The story I got is we are not getting paid to wait so the wait time will be as long as it takes. If we dont like it there's the door. The dispatcher said that was the story from the man. He said, "other companies are laying off and at least your're working". I set at a terminal for 4 hours wed. and 3 hours yesterday between runs. The sad thing is....Liquor stores aren't open at 3am :hide:

If President elect Obama keeps all the promises he made, We will most likely slide into a depression and cripple the economy.

Unlike the booming economy we are enduring now???:hysterical:Give the guy a chance.He cant do much worse than this administration,regardless..

That means your unprepared...:hysterical:

Seven unpaid hours in two days..... I'll come prepared next week
liquor-dispenser-in-room.jpg

something that might stimulate the economy

People with money and who aren't afraid to spend it. Give me a tax cut this year and I guarantee, I'll spend it on something. You aren't a laborer, are you?:smilie_132:

Obama is now getting the transition tour. The day before he takes over is the big day. All presidents walk out of "that room" aged ten years, as to knowing the truths of this world. His liberal agenda will be greaty toned down to the dismay of his aweful counterparts in congress.
Here is what he can do to truly bring us all together as Americans, and fix the economy quickly...

BOMB IRAN IN JANUARY!!

The conservatives will be with him. The press will praise him... "D" bombs are always better than "R" bombs with the liberal press. It will also show the world, that America is not to be "F'd" with.

Then we will put people back to work, and put freight on our trucks, and pay enough taxes to make us poor all over again! :chairshot:

Too late we are already in a depression ........Thanks to "W" 's war and giving out huge tax breaks to the corporations and not giving it to the people who buy the products and goods......Trickle down doesn't work.....unfortunately we have no manufacturing base anymore.....we are all service related industries......who can afford the big cars, big houses, I am not for tons of social programs however I think if the companies would have shared their profits through raises and other things we might not be where we are now.................greed on wall street killed us....thx McCain for pushing deregulating the stock market.........nothing like having the fox guard the hen hous ehuh?........I think obama is every working man's best choice......Let me ask this..........name one law, one bill one thing any republican president has done for the working blue collar man since nixon?......Everythign that has ever been done for the working man has been done by democrats......40 hours...overtime.....healthcare....social security.....family leave act..just my two cents.....:1036316054:

:
Obama is now getting the transition tour. The day before he takes over is the big day. All presidents walk out of "that room" aged ten years, as to knowing the truths of this world. His liberal agenda will be greaty toned down to the dismay of his aweful counterparts in congress.
Here is what he can do to truly bring us all together as Americans, and fix the economy quickly...

BOMB IRAN IN JANUARY!!

The conservatives will be with him. The press will praise him... "D" bombs are always better than "R" bombs with the liberal press. It will also show the world, that America is not to be "F'd" with.

Then we will put people back to work, and put freight on our trucks, and pay enough taxes to make us poor all over again! :chairshot:

You have got to be kidding right?!!!! I am ready for a liberal agenda compared to what we have had for 8 yrs......If you will remmeber other than a poor choice with the women in his life clinton was a good president.....he got the economy up and running and the unemployment was at at an all time low......how did he do it?.......he pumped money in to college loans gave tax breaks to low income people gave money for extended unemployment.....I got some news for you the only one that makes out in war time is people that have government contracts and guess who pays for that in the end?......take a look at your check next week and thank "W" for the 1 trillion dollar tax debt........we had a surplus when clinton left office............but I guess because we democrats would rather spend the money at home and on our own people we are liberal....you guys say that like it is a bad thing.........I am liberal........I would much rather be liberal and have money than be conservative and be in debt and at war....and lose freedom of speech.........freedom of rights.....all this we lhave lost under "W"........just my 2 cents:1036316054: