XPO | Brad Jacobs Looks To Grow Xpo

Yeah by using outside contractors to deliver our freight and cut back on actual XPO drivers. Cartage gets 2 runs and 18 stops while XPO drivers go out with 3 deliveries ha

LH drivers are getting worked to the bone, city drivers sent home after 40. My cheque’s are the largest I’ve seen with the company.
Not here , city guys are all getting 60 plus. We are way over capacity.

Customers are suffering from poor service due to it.
Disgrace.

All that matters now is luring investors to buy stock . To hell with the customers.
I feel bad for the next company pulled into this mess. God help them.

Last edited:
Expect that to increase
There’s been days we’ve had more cartage drivers than XPO drivers. Looks like he’s contracting everything out, they’re saving a lot of money by doing it but they can care less about guys who’ve been working there for 10-20 years

There’s been days we’ve had more cartage drivers than XPO drivers. Looks like he’s contracting everything out, they’re saving a lot of money by doing it but they can care less about guys who’ve been working there for 10-20 years
It’s the next step in flexibility

He’s so out of touch with what’s going on in his own company. Sad, really.
But he's in touch with his bank accounts. Cleaning service cut from 5 to 3 days a week. Terminal is filthy. Dumpster gets emptied based on a schedule ( not if it's full or not ) Inbound supervisor not allowed to create runs to ship freight to customers without sending director of operations pictures of full trailers.

I've heard different stories on why equipment is being taken out of service. One story is equipment is being red tagged to force better utilization from managers and supervisors. Another story is red tagging is simply to save money. Then I've heard equipment is being red tagged due to lower levels of freight.

Meanwhile , this simply makes for worse customer service and pushes decent employees to abandon ship.

But he's in touch with his bank accounts. Cleaning service cut from 5 to 3 days a week. Terminal is filthy. Dumpster gets emptied based on a schedule ( not if it's full or not ) Inbound supervisor not allowed to create runs to ship freight to customers without sending director of operations pictures of full trailers.

I've heard different stories on why equipment is being taken out of service. One story is equipment is being red tagged to force better utilization from managers and supervisors. Another story is red tagging is simply to save money. Then I've heard equipment is being red tagged due to lower levels of freight.

Meanwhile , this simply makes for worse customer service and pushes decent employees to abandon ship.
He’s a genius :bowdown: If this is the right way to run a company I hate to see the bad

Not here , city guys are all getting 60 plus. We are way over capacity.

Customers are suffering from poor service due to it.
Disgrace.

All that matters now is luring investors to buy stock . To hell with the customers.
I feel bad for the next company pulled into this mess. God help them.
Amazing. We have barns 30 to 50 trailers behind, drivers going home after 8. No weekend inbound. I heard John Deere put up quite a fuss about the **** poor service.

Amazing. We have barns 30 to 50 trailers behind, drivers going home after 8. No weekend inbound. I heard John Deere put up quite a fuss about the **** poor service.
I can’t figure it out. We’re missing pickups like it doesn’t even matter. All my years I never seen anything like it . It just seems like There’s no direction from the top . Not sure how long they can keep this up.
If someone has got the rationale for they way there running this company I sure like to here it.

Last edited:
I can’t figure it out. We’re missing pickups like it doesn’t even matter. All my years I never seen anything like it . It just seems like There’s no direction from the top . Not sure how long they can keep this up.
If someone has got the rationale for they way there running this company I sure like to here it.

Came in one morning a few weeks back after a 13 hr day and find out we had somehow missed 36 pickups. 36!

Like others have said, everything Jacob's said is code for "we are about to hurt our employees paychecks to increase the C-suites (and shareholders) paychecks"

Came in one morning a few weeks back after a 13 hr day and find out we had somehow missed 36 pickups. 36!

Like others have said, everything Jacob's said is code for "we are about to hurt our employees paychecks to increase the C-suites (and shareholders) paychecks"
And your fos probably shrugged, and said well, there’s always Tomorrow. The lack of any concern for missed pickups, inbound trailers stacking up, and the general I don’t give a ::shit:: attitude by management screams volumes about where we are headed.

I don't know were you are at but at my place the cleaning services shows up every day, truck washed 4 times a year, equipment get fixed, dumpster is pickup when full, and two week ago we had the floor stripped and rewaxed over the weekend. It been like that for years now.

I don't know were you are at but at my place the cleaning services shows up every day, truck washed 4 times a year, equipment get fixed, dumpster is pickup when full, and two week ago we had the floor stripped and rewaxed over the weekend. It been like that for years now.
Where do you work , Old Dominion? Dayton Freight? Or maybe FedEx?

That all use to happen at my barn but here recently our SCM told us he had to cut all of that per RM