XPO | Brad Jacobs Looks To Grow Xpo

We have had more than a few ask to go to being a full time dock hand and they won't let us. It's amazing how different things are from one location to the next.
I've mentioned that there is no uniform policy for transferring from one position to another.

I'm sure there may be a published policy somewhere...but the point is there is no effort to promote it or follow the policy from one location to the next.

Reputation in my area is toxic due to poor local management. When an ad is up for dockworkers or drivers there's usually zero response.

The ones that do show up are there and gone so fast you barely see them. Most of the long term employees tell them the truth of what's going on and they vanish.

The situation with management here is chaos. We lost a mess of experienced grey shirts last year. And the result has been a bunch of turnover in the office ever since. It's not all of them. But there's a bunch of children more interested in getting together after work and fooling around.

And the attitude towards drivers is just pure hatred. If these kids had their way, none of us would work here at all. They can't stand that we make what we do to do this job. And we tell them. Get your license. And they say they don't want to do what we drivers do. And we reply. That's the only reason we get paid as much as we do. Because other people ain't willing to do it either. Doesn't change their attitude. Jealous and condescending.

And this TM has completely lost control of his terminal. Needs to fire the one FOM and his sidepiece. Get a spine and be the TM. Right now the sidepiece drags the FOM around on a leash in front of everybody. She's our TM. Realistically. CSR/TM. Figuring to lose 5 to retirement over the next couple months. And add to that the shortening of the bid sheet. The
new bid sheet we will bid on goes up Monday morning. We are expecting the worst. Probably lose another 10 or so guys just on sight of it. A lot of drivers with kids are not willing to continue working in this environment. Can't tolerate the risk of so much volatility. Not with a family. Going to be an exodus of city drivers too. A bunch of guys going to hide on the road for at least a year. Wait for the dust to settle after whatever blow up is coming. Because this is a powder keg of ignorant nonsense right now. Something is going to happen. And it's going to be terrible. Either the TM or the FOM or maybe both will end up getting fired. And then things are going to be really difficult for a good bit of time while they find replacements.

And all this noise makes it's way to the street. And any potential new hires hear all of this. And what do you think we get for applications ? Man, it's ugly. Swift drivers that got fired from Swift looking for a job here. That's where we are at. Because after an interested driver gets done hearing about the situation. Then you tell them about the camera in their face and the GPS up their ass. And that they will have to get on a forklift and work the dock. And that the dock moves are monitored too. LOL. You get the picture. It's a hard pass. Before you even tell them what you make or how the benefits are. Or any of that.​

Reputation in my area is toxic due to poor local management. When an ad is up for dockworkers or drivers there's usually zero response.

The ones that do show up are there and gone so fast you barely see them. Most of the long term employees tell them the truth of what's going on and they vanish.
Sounds like my barn. We lose two to every one we hire.

There's a terminal in n.j where a linehaul driver got a dwi lost his license now he's a dock worker NICE
It's wrong to drink and drive.

Why throw away a person that can still be useful. You don't have to spend time and money training them. And , someday , after years of making up for the mistake they made , I wonder what type of driver you will have then?

It would be nice to have a standard policy for things like this.