FedEx Freight | Breakdown/shop time at the home domicile.

Guardrail

TB Legend
Credits
I heard from the shop guys and another driver that attended the road drivers meeting that we will not be paid shop time until our cut time. In other words, come in early and find something wrong with your equipment too bad. You won't get any clock time until you pass your cut time.

The only thing this will accomplish is late freight. I'll bet not many will show up early to inspect their set if they won't get paid to get something fixed. I'm also betting I won't drive over to the shop until my cut time. I wonder how much increase in road repairs there will be?

Do the powers that be think this crap through before they institute these new policies? :bash:

The majority of the time I find something wrong with my equipment, it's in and out and on the road before my cut time. On a related note, the guys in the shop told me we won't get any time for waiting for the shop bay to open up. We will only get from the time we pull in the bay.

[quote author=Guardrail link=topic=79466.msg823714#msg823714 date=1271911402]
I heard from the shop guys and another driver that attended the road drivers meeting that we will not be paid shop time until our cut time. In other words, come in early and find something wrong with your equipment too bad. You won't get any clock time until you pass your cut time.

The only thing this will accomplish is late freight. I'll bet not many will show up early to inspect their set if they won't get paid to get something fixed. I'm also betting I won't drive over to the shop until my cut time. I wonder how much increase in road repairs there will be?

Do the powers that be think this crap through before they institute these new policies? :bash:

The majority of the time I find something wrong with my equipment, it's in and out and on the road before my cut time. On a related note, the guys in the shop told me we won't get any time for waiting for the shop bay to open up. We will only get from the time we pull in the bay.[/quote]

I hear what you are saying and in better times, I might be inclined to agree with you.
But seeing how ABF just took an across-the-board 15% wage cut...I'm not gonna argue about 1/2 hour here or there.

That why companies get away with it. My time is no less valuable now than it was last week. They want me to do a good job pre-triping the crap they give me, better pay me for my time. I don't care what YRC and ABF are paying. I don't work for them. To quote a favorite actor of mine... "no free lunch".

[quote author=Guardrail link=topic=79466.msg823951#msg823951 date=1271996057]
That why companies get away with it. My time is no less valuable now than it was last week. They want me to do a good job pre-triping the crap they give me, better pay me for my time. I don't care what YRC and ABF are paying. I don't work for them. To quote a favorite actor of mine... "no free lunch".
[/quote]I agree with both your post Guardrail, and no the person that wants to implement this gets his money anyway and this is whats wrong. I wish we had to punch the clock when we get there and punch when we leave, and if nothing else just to show them how much time we already give them. But as I said before, Fred needs to come out in the trenches and take a look at how these people are spending his money, because I guarantee you if it were mine, heads would role. :shift: :shift: