XPO | Breaking News: 400-truck Ltl Carrier Suddenly Shuts Down

Because the company circumvented the law by putting down a union shop and moving the work to a non union entity. The reason may have closed was due to a hefty fine they faced for doing so . I find it very relevant and without that part of the story it’s hard to understand why it happened . I find direct parallel to the CF plan although it took longer.

I’m sorry if this is hard for some to take but it’s a fact. I will hold back from making any more comments in this thread past what I already posted.

Last edited:
Because the company circumvented the law by putting down a union shop and moving the work to a non union entity. The reason may have closed was due to a hefty fine they faced for doing so . I find it very relevant and without that part of the story it’s hard to understand why it happened . I find direct parallel to the CF plan although it took longer.

I’m sorry if this is hard for some to take but it’s a fact. I will hold back from making any more comments in this thread past what I already posted.
Don't hold back. You are correct. There is a direct parallel . I lived through it

They were founded in 1921. They've had a small presence in my area for as long as I can remember, small 12 door terminal with half a dozen tractors and maybe a dozen trailers or so. I would consider them a hold over from pre deregulation
Cool we had some in chicago small union joints like o' sullivan cartage , parkridge transport, carmichael cartage company

Was LME one of the old school companies like before 1980 ?
Lakeville Motor Express shouldn't be confused with the LME that just went out of biz, Lakeville Motor was sold by the Wren family who started it in 1921 to 2 VP's within the company in 2010, it was union and abruptly closed in 2016, out of the ashes rose LME (Logistics Made Easy) non-union just playing off the company initials LME, but the original Lakeville was an old school well run and respected company with happy employees.....LME not so much.

Lakeville Motor Express shouldn't be confused with the LME that just went out of biz, Lakeville Motor was sold by the Wren family who started it in 1921 to 2 VP's within the company in 2010, it was union and abruptly closed in 2016, out of the ashes rose LME (Logistics Made Easy) non-union just playing off the company initials LME, but the original Lakeville was an old school well run and respected company with happy employees.....LME not so much.
Good point. I assumed he was asking about the original company. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the LME that just closed , though non union itself, still had financial obligations to the Teamsters affected by the closing of the original Lakeville, correct?

Good point. I assumed he was asking about the original company. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the LME that just closed , though non union itself, still had financial obligations to the Teamsters affected by the closing of the original Lakeville, correct?
The union has and had several lawsuits against the company and they faced millions in liabilities due to the way Lakeville was shut down and up popped LME , to backup just a bit when the new LME was formed by the company owners another brand new company was also formed Finish Line Express and that company is up and running and no doubt picking up the shutdown LME's business, those guys that bought Lakeville turned out to be crooks.

As usual the 2010 sale was to evil people hell awaits them