ABF | BREAKING NEWS ; ABF Freight System, Inc. Files Legal Actions Against Teamsters, YRCW

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
- ABF SEEKS IMMEDIATE RESOLUTION, FINANCIAL DAMAGES FOR VIOLATIONS OF NATIONAL COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT IN AN AMOUNT ESTIMATED TO BE APPROXIMATELY $750 MILLION
- ABF DEMANDS LEVEL PLAYING FIELD CONSISTENT WITH INTENT AND PURPOSE OF NMFA

FT. SMITH, Ark., Nov. 1, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- ABF Freight System, Inc. (ABF), the largest subsidiary of Arkansas Best Corporation (Nasdaq:ABFS - News) and a leading less-than-truckload transportation company, has filed legal actions today against the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT) and other parties including several YRC Worldwide subsidiaries (Nasdaq:YRCW - News) for violation of the National Master Freight Agreement (NMFA), the collective bargaining agreement covering most unionized trucking employees in the country.

ABF today filed a grievance under the NMFA and also an accompanying lawsuit, naming as parties the International Brotherhood of Teamsters; the Teamsters National Freight Industry Negotiating Committee; Teamsters Locals 373 (Fort Smith, AR) and 878 (Little Rock, AR), individually and as representatives of a class of all Teamsters Locals that are parties to the NMFA; YRC Inc.; New Penn Motor Express Inc.; USF Holland Inc.; and Trucking Management, Inc...................

ABF Freight System, Inc. Files Legal Actions Against Teamsters, YRC Companies - Yahoo! Finance

Article 6 Section 2. The employer agrees not to enter into any agreement or contract with it's employees, individually or collectively, which in any way conflicts with the terms and provisions of this agreement. Any such agreement shall be null and void.

Simply put......YRC is in violation of this contract.

What surprises me is that people are surprised! At our terminal it has been said all along that ABF would file this lawsuit. YRC entered into an agreement with the contract. Doesn't matter how many times they want to vote on changing it if all the members (ABF) don't get to vote on the changes also. The NMFA is for all companies involved. Not just YRC. I think the IBT is wrong. ABF won't be filing a frivolous lawsuit if they did not feel they have a leg to stand on.

Grievance and lawsuit are long overdue. ABF generally does not lose grievances.

Grievance and lawsuit are long overdue. ABF generally does not lose grievances.

What difference would it make if by some chance they won,YRC would be gone and ABF would still be the HIGHEST cost carrier out there and would be asking you for concessions.Even if they win you lose!

Negagtive, the capacity would leave the industry and everyones prices would go up.
What difference would it make if by some chance they won,YRC would be gone and ABF would still be the HIGHEST cost carrier out there and would be asking you for concessions.Even if they win you lose!

As long as YRC goes first, I could care less. I had a job when I took this one and have not been without a job for longer than 3 days since I was 17 years old.And I'm proud that I haven't had to "yessa massah" at any of them