bridgestone tires

lemonhead 1966

TB Lurker
Credits
i drive for fedex freight and recently we started using bridgeston m720 tires. let me say i am not saying this tire is bad, but once we changed problems started. granted single axle tractors dont have the traction of twin screws, but we have been all over the place with these, wet or dry roads, dont matter. my question is, we heard you guys used that brand of tire and dumped it because of problems. any truth to that? thanks for any help.

the tread is so deep that loaded heavy it wanders when new , feels very scary , kind of like when we switched from biased tires to radials , (long time ago ) but at 70,000 miles or more they are fine . they also are are very high milage tire .200,000 is not unusual before takeoff , our drives end up on trailers

Well let me start by saying I worked for SAIA for about 15 years or so and Ive driven for 21 years or so. I now drive for Bridgestone/Firestone. And we run those and 726 on our trucks but we do run duals. The tires or great, we ship them out to everyone Walmart does get alot of our tires. Its kind of different if your use to a lower tread tire.,until it does wear some but they last for quiet some time. Over here we rotate our tires at every service they last even longer.

Hello lemonhead, I also drive for fedex freight. I can tell you from my experience, these tires are a problem. I can have 22,000lbs on my front
trailer and my drives will spin going uphill at 55mph. I have been driving for a while and I have never had this problem. I suggest you document
any problems and your concerns and let Fedex know. If people don't tell about this, nothing will be done. How many drivers will be hurt because
of these tires. The freight and the equipment is insured, we are not.