Holland | bringing holland back to Southern Alabama

freightnomore

12yrs former USF Holland
Credits
Any chance Holland will ever reopen in Mobile???? If they ever get out from under YRC.....I would gladly put my hat back in the ring.....I enjoyed working at Holland and had Great Pride in doing so....I gave them 12 years....opened the terminal....closed the terminal....for the most part had a Great group of men to work with.

You more than anybody knows what went down in Mobile that caused its demise. What I hear in Memphis is, your terminal and terminal manager refused to grow the business. He would not expand business outside the Mobile city limits(exaggerated a little bit) and refused to run the longer peddles that most all other terminals have to run. I think the issue had to do with the length of haul to the so called "inner core freight".

There must be more to the Mobile closing than that. If a company is struggling in an area and the terminal manager and sales staff don't follow what the company's service strategy is, why not replace them with people that will? Or is the company stupid enough to cost a lot of people their livelihood and change service areas, instead of eliminating the real problem?

Flash I saw them do the same thing to the W Tennessee terminal in Jackson tn. Poor terminal manager with a drug problem brought that term down. They had a 25 man board a was they #1 carrier in the area. Moved it 80 miles west to Memphis and we have to service the Area with 7-12 drivers a day. Our TM hates servicing these long peddles due to Roadway mindset, you know the Big R had a terminal every 50 miles. He still hAs a hard time understanding how a regional carrier does business as far as complete service.

It sounds like the terminal manager's boss is the one who needs to be eliminated then. Their job is to be able to analyze a terminal with problems, fix the problems to make their service better and be more profitable, and eliminate poor managers that can't figure it out. Clearly someone has failed miserably when a terminal has to be shut down.

We were told that Holland would be looking to open again in the southern part of Georgia or Bama but that they were looking in to it.

holland is going to get all kinds of freight ,after yrc does there change of opps, you act like you dont under stand that yrcw is feeding holland high paying freight,HOLLAND IS THE CONWAY OF YRCW CORP and you act like it too...,it wasnt that long ago, that they where painting some of those old fords blue and putting a roadway sticker on the door. holland will go back in mobile ...when yrcw tells them too.... just sit tight holland,you are being groomed and dont even realize it.

holland is going to get all kinds of freight ,after yrc does there change of opps, you act like you dont under stand that yrcw is feeding holland high paying freight,HOLLAND IS THE CONWAY OF YRCW CORP and you act like it too...,it wasnt that long ago, that they where painting some of those old fords blue and putting a roadway sticker on the door. holland will go back in mobile ...when yrcw tells them too.... just sit tight holland,you are being groomed and dont even realize it.
I understand perfectly who owns us. Just look at the junk we drive everyday and everything else they ruined here. They have robbed us of everything we worked for here. Took a number one company and made it the laughing stock of ltl carriers. All you have to do is open up a trailer door and look inside,if you can get a door open. Absolutely zero maintenance on anything,it's a joke. Bottom feeder job anymore that's all. There is nothing left to groom,they shaved our heads years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
high paying freight. they lost billions in the last 3 years. you can keep that HIGH paying freight.

You all ***** bout what a bad company you work for..... Go work work for Swift or J.B. please so I can move up the board... I no weve had issues last couple years but for christ sake its still one of the best places in the trucking world to work.... So quit your cryin and move some freight fellow Teamsters.......

You guys have had 3 years to make the velocity work and it has failed. Its a sad day to read the quote "Holland is the Conway of Of YRCW. Only a Chicken ---- would post crap like that

If YRC goes down I would bet Holland will get sold just like Glen Moore. The CEO is a former Holland man, and I doubt he'd let it go down with the ship. Seems that he might want a place to land.

I think the CEO was from Yellow,the president of YRC is from Holland.

If YRC goes down I would bet Holland will get sold just like Glen Moore. The CEO is a former Holland man, and I doubt he'd let it go down with the ship. Seems that he might want a place to land.

hahahahahaha, they will believe anything they tell them.