FedEx Freight | Bunch of clowns

Credits
I'm sorry but I've never seen a company this big with thier heads up their asses like this. Management has no idea how to run a team and its all just kiss the ass above them. No clue how to do the job at all. I've seen them push the numbers and ignore the health and well being of people and anger the customers too. The attitude is were to big to under. What a shipwreck thus company has become and a lot of Management came from companies that went out of business or have no experience at all some of them couldn't route a run for the life of them.

Oh ho. Now it's apathetic and low morale applications?

Just toss some money and pay em more. Billable as retention bonuses.

Or hire me with many hats and a JC Penny Suit to match the '74 monarch company car perk.

Management kicks the blame down the ladder and it's impossible to get fired from this company. If you get fired, you really deserve it.

There's reasons for everything, but as long as they make record profits they don't care. They make all this money but can't get or retain new drivers. Must be the drivers.

Dock workers hired in the past year suck. They destroy freight and do anything possible to avoid building a deck because God forbid you have to get off your forklift.

Management only cares about how much weight is on the trailer. Take an issue to them and they act like you're asking them to complete an impossible task. It's also sad that I have to explain hours of service to a dispatcher.

Central is not exempt from this. There have been times I get a via pulling empties to pick up empties.

Management kicks the blame down the ladder and it's impossible to get fired from this company. If you get fired, you really deserve it.

There's reasons for everything, but as long as they make record profits they don't care. They make all this money but can't get or retain new drivers. Must be the drivers.

Dock workers hired in the past year suck. They destroy freight and do anything possible to avoid building a deck because God forbid you have to get off your forklift.

Management only cares about how much weight is on the trailer. Take an issue to them and they act like you're asking them to complete an impossible task. It's also sad that I have to explain hours of service to a dispatcher.

Central is not exempt from this. There have been times I get a via pulling empties to pick up empties.
A slight adjustment to the Management.

They dont give them weight a moments bother provided that the Coop Scales is not fixing to write a overaxle ticket or over gross ticket or god forbid a young fresh vim and vinegar smart DOT from school writes against the gross vehicle weight registration limit.

That's why I quit. I've heard that management at my former barn were getting people fired "for misleading the company." That management there has been misleading the company for over 20 years.

Thank God that I got out of that place. I am so much happier since I've left that place.

Don't let them think that this is the only place that you will make money at. There are other jobs out there.

Well hope then at least they are getting paid a Bonus for bad leadership , like companies do !!
Tips Win GIF by Casa de Apostas

Money is defined as a amount to spend without encumbrances, like wife (Husband, needy etc) debts, ordinary living bills like power, water etc

Be it 10.00 or 100.00 or 1000.00 set aside you are in the money.,

Yes

Because they don't pay the dock anything all they'll get is stupid teens or semi~retirees that have no experience. Pay them well and get some experience to hang around awhile.

I heard the same "we're too big to go under" at Consolidated Freightways and guess what happened. Apathy and low morale are killers.
Nobody is too big, when Fred Smith walks away and the next self important moron takes over and gets tired of the freight business. Does anybody think they won't do whatever makes them the most money and cut freight loose. That's gonna happen, nothing like coming to work and seeing chains across the entry.

Yes

Because they don't pay the dock anything all they'll get is stupid teens or semi~retirees that have no experience. Pay them well and get some experience to hang around awhile.
Blue Diamond used that model for their existence on US40 just inside the Beltway 695 loop. Another way to look at Blue Diamond back then was Erdman Ave and north along Pulaski Highway.

As a side note careful foresnics would have made General Pulaski of Poland which is one of GW's Combatant commanders a ultimate in woke. But I digress.

You had a concrete dock. I think about 4 covered acres at that time in the lowest level. Docks were on three sides of the facility also on the curb-pavement level. Room I think for 60 in the back wall, 30 or so end wall and another 20 at least on the working side.

Top floor is for offices of the hoity toity and crew. They never leave the land of wainscoated oak and maple plus deep carpet that is there for their comfort. (Think The Hudsucker Proxy movie from the 1980's_

Basement corner office held the drivers room, dispatchers and recruiter, all in one ball cap.

You also had a force of Teenagers making a dollar or ten while in between classes in middle, high or college. Spending money baby. Just throw boxes. Throw boxes to this trailer, that trailer some other trailer those 40 trailers over yonder wall and so on. Fetch driver when his trailer is full.

Your trucks went everywhere. Freehold New Jersey until you got physically sick with yet another paperwork for that run. When your drivers quit or retired, your teenaged forces on the dock has now grown old enough to get a Class A in 10 minutes at the DMV and be hired on. No training needed. They have been immersed in the company way for years.

Couple of decaes ago the place got dynamited. Land more valuable than the building in the end. What land too! Whoo.

Yes

Pay them how much more? What do you think is a reasonable wage to attract and retain someone whose only marketable skill is putting boxes in a larger box?

“Yeah, we’ll, the Vice President of Redundant Paperwork started on the dock.”

Great. But there’s only one of them. How much do you think we need to pay the other thousands of “professional truck loaders” to keep them?

I loved the way everyone bent over backwards when touching a box of any size. Here have a back brace, here have a wide belt here toss your flip flops wear these steel boots, here have wool socks against fires off towmotors and here wear iron pants. Here here here here until you are covered in stuff too heavy all over for you to do your work right.

I cheerfully wore that crap in my working life. Meh whatever. Last week doctor at the clinic offered me the damn things I got physically nausated right there in front of him. I told him there is pain there moving 48000 pounds twice daily wearing them. I cannot mentally or physically touch or wear them again, the spine has been broken that we know already in one disk.

What a waste. And people think I seem bitter? HA. yea right. I consider something else. All this material would make for a decent book if I can keep it short enough to entertain the suits while roasting them all. (Not flaming, Roasting is a older term meaning to cook someone in ways that are very well known about that person to all others in a company or group.)

I cannot for example be bothered to scrape the kitchen floor with a bucket of strong acids and wearing all sorts of crap which does not prevent the burns I am about to endure during and after.

Until you say that you will be fixing (And show to me...) a pot roast in the yankee style over the willaismburg fireplace in the next room later today, if only I can get that floor, two others and the oven prior.

Rest of it is deleted. It got sidetracked. Story of my life.

Last edited:
That's why I quit. I've heard that management at my former barn were getting people fired "for misleading the company." That management there has been misleading the company for over 20 years.

Thank God that I got out of that place. I am so much happier since I've left that place.

Don't let them think that this is the only place that you will make money at. There are other jobs out there.
Oh come on. Double "D" would never lie or mislead. Neither would the Former District Manager. They lead by example then throw the ones that they don't line up with their B.S. to the curb. If you help the manager move with company equipment and drink beers after hours it's all good.....

Pay them how much more? What do you think is a reasonable wage to attract and retain someone whose only marketable skill is putting boxes in a larger box?

“Yeah, we’ll, the Vice President of Redundant Paperwork started on the dock.”

Great. But there’s only one of them. How much do you think we need to pay the other thousands of “professional truck loaders” to keep them?
More than McDonalds.
Make this job more ideal not to call off than their other part time gig. Part time is when we lost a lot of our “Sergeant Majors” on our dock. Guys that knew the job better than some Supes. Bring back full time to some EOLs? You’re right about a lot of these part timers, NB, but we need some of those SMs back…..

More than McDonalds.
Make this job more ideal not to call off than their other part time gig. Part time is when we lost a lot of our “Sergeant Majors” on our dock. Guys that knew the job better than some Supes. Bring back full time to some EOLs? You’re right about a lot of these part timers, NB, but we need some of those SMs back…..
At our center dockworkers spend more time on cell phones than moving freight and management turns a blind eye they are sitting on phone on the forklift lmao and management strongly dislikes drivers on dock and district and local managers let everyone know it everyday our region has been in dire straits for years and now it looks like this bunch will finish it off just my opinion

More than McDonalds.
Average pay at McD’s is $8.00 p/h. If that slophouse was paying more than working FedEx dock work, I’d be putting fries in a cup in a warm kitchen before I’d pick up a deck board on a freezing cold dock.

Seriously, do you really think giving these crib death survivors more money is going to magically give them the power to load a trailer correctly? That they’ll somehow find the intelligence to properly secure hazmat? That they’ll figure out that once the freight “bracing” another piece of freight is delivered the braced freight will fall over (ie, a television being held up against a trailer wall by two pallets of paint that get delivered well before the television)? They can’t even figure out that the hook on the ends of a strap goes into the rings on the trailer walls, not the decking slots.

I hate being the “this generation doesn’t know how to work” guy, but have you seen the betas that infest the dock now? Security would have to keep a closer eye on a pallet of soy milk than anything else on the dock. I had one of them tear up on me because I asked him who trained him and told him it’s ok to stack hazmat on other freight.

They’re just stupid and no amount of money you give them is going to change that. I’d just continue to pay them the bare minimum and give any extra they think they deserve to the city driver that’s going to have to reload the trailer to correct their “work”.

Last edited:
Damn you guys are over working this old man . Now Beaver wants to take me to the eye doctor because I'm asking her wtf was that , can you tell me in like 5 words that all was all about but damn I's time for another pill , you guys are driving me nuts . Bring the most crazy thing ya got let me hear what you got . (be careful !) ? Mrs. Smokestack rocks .

Eye doctors are expensive.

You might ask whats that today, but a month from now bill arrives and they will demand what the hell is that?

I could be much more offended than the beta males lusting after soy liquid on pallets. Some things just dont compute in nature. I recall cross docking certain full 18 wheeler loads that went into a bunch of little ones for restaurants in a chain. You could not be more full when the work was done. I am not kidding.

See if I ever show up again with a 53 in pupland. You should hear some of the snark coming out of the windows in reference to the work that would be required to tend to such a monster.