FedEx Freight | Bunch of clowns

This is going on at most places now. You either have washed up managers that played a part in a company going under or you have the up and coming children that have no idea how to move freight because the lap top can't tell them how. We are just about done as a country of hard working people because we now have a you owe me population thanks to our great and wonderful what ever you want to call it.

Average pay at McD’s is $8.00 p/h. If that slophouse was paying more than working FedEx dock work, I’d be putting fries in a cup in a warm kitchen before I’d pick up a deck board on a freezing cold dock.

Seriously, do you really think giving these crib death survivors more money is going to magically give them the power to load a trailer correctly? That they’ll somehow find the intelligence to properly secure hazmat? That they’ll figure out that once the freight “bracing” another piece of freight is delivered the braced freight will fall over (ie, a television being held up against a trailer wall by two pallets of paint that get delivered well before the television)? They can’t even figure out that the hook on the ends of a strap goes into the rings on the trailer walls, not the decking slots.

I hate being the “this generation doesn’t know how to work” guy, but have you seen the betas that infest the dock now? Security would have to keep a closer eye on a pallet of soy milk than anything else on the dock. I had one of them tear up on me because I asked him who trained him and told him it’s ok to stack hazmat on other freight.

They’re just stupid and no amount of money you give them is going to change that. I’d just continue to pay them the bare minimum and give any extra they think they deserve to the city driver that’s going to have to reload the trailer to correct their “work”.
Um minimum wage is 13hr. In NJ there signs for 15hr to start.

Average pay at McD’s is $8.00 p/h. If that slophouse was paying more than working FedEx dock work, I’d be putting fries in a cup in a warm kitchen before I’d pick up a deck board on a freezing cold dock.

Seriously, do you really think giving these crib death survivors more money is going to magically give them the power to load a trailer correctly? That they’ll somehow find the intelligence to properly secure hazmat? That they’ll figure out that once the freight “bracing” another piece of freight is delivered the braced freight will fall over (ie, a television being held up against a trailer wall by two pallets of paint that get delivered well before the television)? They can’t even figure out that the hook on the ends of a strap goes into the rings on the trailer walls, not the decking slots.

I hate being the “this generation doesn’t know how to work” guy, but have you seen the betas that infest the dock now? Security would have to keep a closer eye on a pallet of soy milk than anything else on the dock. I had one of them tear up on me because I asked him who trained him and told him it’s ok to stack hazmat on other freight.

They’re just stupid and no amount of money you give them is going to change that. I’d just continue to pay them the bare minimum and give any extra they think they deserve to the city driver that’s going to have to reload the trailer to correct their “work”.
Down here in our poor Southern state, McDonald's and KFC are paying $12.
I think that's because of the worker shortage.

Um minimum wage is 13hr. In NJ there signs for 15hr to start.
Um, federal minimum wage is $7.25hr and some states set a higher minimum wage to curry favor with the proles for votes. But I’m sure you knew that already.

(Make sure you have your batting helmet strapped on tight before you step up to the plate to score runs on me, boy.)

So, If I move to New Jersey, I can make $15 and all my dreams can come true? Do you know any real estate agents there?

Um, federal minimum wage is $7.25hr and some states set a higher minimum wage to curry favor with the proles for votes. But I’m sure you knew that already.

(Make sure you have your batting helmet strapped on tight before you step up to the plate to score runs on me, boy.)

So, If I move to New Jersey, I can make $15 and all my dreams can come true? Do you know any real estate agents there?
Only thing that will come true if you move to Jersey will be every nightmare you ever had!

I'm not saying you weren't sandbagging here, Nature Boy, but that was about a 30 mph pitch that didn't even reach the plate. If Fedex will pay for Tommy John surgery on your elbow, you could get some velocity back.

when everything else goes up in price then people need to make more money per hour. I think that every company should be unionized and better healthcare.

Dude my dentist wants me to pay cash !
They rope people halfway through a appointment into a small office and do not let them continue until they have paid in a way thats legally binding.

I pay my dentist up front. Otherwise it might be 10 years before I see him again.

They’re just stupid and no amount of money you give them is going to change that. I’d just continue to pay them the bare minimum and give any extra they think they deserve to the city driver that’s going to have to reload the trailer to correct

Its getting pretty dangerous out there.

If I was a gelding or a stallion I still have a small remuda of fillies, mares and colts to deal with. On the horse farm Im usually in a corner of a barn in the hay out of the way while the herd settles in nearby. as long I Hear nothing but sniffing, chewing and a little bit of bone shaking now and then alls well.

But you never really sleep in coyote country. Maybe someday as a allegory in life for myself I can find such a land clear of them damn things.

Oh come on. Double "D" would never lie or mislead. Neither would the Former District Manager. They lead by example then throw the ones that they don't line up with their B.S. to the curb. If you help the manager move with company equipment and drink beers after hours it's all good.....
Or use their favorite driver to deliver a pallet of water softner to the OP managers house while on company time, while using the liftgate. But thats not misleading the company.

when everything else goes up in price then people need to make more money per hour. I think that every company should be unionized and better healthcare.
Yes, lets get more unions going so we can pay someone to **** us over instead of getting it for free.

Fedex already runs like a union shop, imagine how incompetent things would be if there actually was a union nation wide.

Yes, lets get more unions going so we can pay someone to **** us over instead of getting it for free.

Fedex already runs like a union shop, imagine how incompetent things would be if there actually was a union nation wide.
it used to run like a union shop. union shops run a lot better compared to FedEx. You see, when a driver refuses to drive a commercial truck because of safety issues. They cant be fired or written up. They have legal protection under law, backed up by the union. Unions are a great thing to have. Corporations can't get away with much when you have a union.

it used to run like a union shop. union shops run a lot better compared to FedEx. You see, when a driver refuses to drive a commercial truck because of safety issues. They cant be fired or written up. They have legal protection under law, backed up by the union. Unions are a great thing to have. Corporations can't get away with much when you have a union.
Yes, and then a driver files a complaint with the steward about not having A/C in the truck.

And the companies solution is to take everyones A/C belt off so nobody has it - can't be a issue if everyone is dealing with it equally.

You also have legal protection against being forced into a unsafe tractor as-is. If you deadline a tractor and they still make you take it (If its truly a safety problem not something like A/C ect.) make sure to get it in writing. We've had one unit thats been in and out of the shop since we got it for steering issues, nothing major but if you weren't paying attention on a bump you might ::shit:: yourself, took a few years but after nearly rebuilding the entire thing they got it figured out.

I've never heard anything about refusing to pull unsafe equipment. Dispatch either tries to get it fixed or swings it to another door. One time my trailer was 100 pounds over on the drives and I made them rework it because I was going through areas with scales. They weren't happy, but they did it and I never heard anything about it after the initial complaining.

On a weekend run I refused to pull a trailer because it didn't have an inspection sticker. Called Central and they were cool with it and updated the trip to a single and have me 30 minutes delay pay.

Our health insurance could be better, but after enough time on TB, I've reconsidered my Union position because the union shops share the same issues we do, just with better health care. Local management is going to do what local management does regardless of union presence.