FedEx Freight | Bunch of clowns

Or use their favorite driver to deliver a pallet of water softner to the OP managers house while on company time, while using the liftgate. But thats not misleading the company.
I had done both sides to my house a few times. As a Receiver paying for the load and haul and drive it to the place and deliver it. No discounts but they made bets against the two hour detention rate.

Yes, and then a driver files a complaint with the steward about not having A/C in the truck.

And the companies solution is to take everyones A/C belt off so nobody has it - can't be a issue if everyone is dealing with it equally.

You also have legal protection against being forced into a unsafe tractor as-is. If you deadline a tractor and they still make you take it (If its truly a safety problem not something like A/C ect.) make sure to get it in writing. We've had one unit thats been in and out of the shop since we got it for steering issues, nothing major but if you weren't paying attention on a bump you might **** yourself, took a few years but after nearly rebuilding the entire thing they got it figured out.
A/C is mandated for all since the 90'S along with being in the union Contracts.

I want to say the A/C thing is a law , the shop will just deadline your unit for a month of Sundays to punk you then you can sit in some filthy hunk of crap that has no oil , fuel and smells like the stain on the seat looks . The shop plays games too unless you're bringing them candy , doughnuts , food of any kind and talk all sweet and shmoooooey like Ms.Piggy .

Please provide clarification as to where in the CFRs air conditioners are mandatory/required equipment.
Its not. Its a Osha requirement.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSRs) do not require a CMV be equipped with AC. It is not listed as one of the required parts and accessories in 49 CFR Part 393. Therefore, it is not a violation of the FMCSRs if a vehicle is not equipped with AC, nor is it a violation if the AC is not functioning.

However, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA) General Duty Clause (GDC) requires employers to protect employees from recognized, serious hazards, regardless of whether there is a specific standard addressing that hazard. OSHA often uses the GDC to cite employers for not protecting workers from heat stress. If an incident of a heat-illness is investigated, the company could be cited by the agency.
mention OSHA.

Yes, lets get more unions going so we can pay someone to **** us over instead of getting it for free.

Fedex already runs like a union shop, imagine how incompetent things would be if there actually was a union nation wide.
there's also no favoritism in union shops.
Yes, and then a driver files a complaint with the steward about not having A/C in the truck.

And the companies solution is to take everyones A/C belt off so nobody has it - can't be a issue if everyone is dealing with it equally.

You also have legal protection against being forced into a unsafe tractor as-is. If you deadline a tractor and they still make you take it (If its truly a safety problem not something like A/C ect.) make sure to get it in writing. We've had one unit thats been in and out of the shop since we got it for steering issues, nothing major but if you weren't paying attention on a bump you might **** yourself, took a few years but after nearly rebuilding the entire thing they got it figured out.
if a/c is the truck. by law it must work.

I've never heard anything about refusing to pull unsafe equipment. Dispatch either tries to get it fixed or swings it to another door. One time my trailer was 100 pounds over on the drives and I made them rework it because I was going through areas with scales. They weren't happy, but they did it and I never heard anything about it after the initial complaining.

On a weekend run I refused to pull a trailer because it didn't have an inspection sticker. Called Central and they were cool with it and updated the trip to a single and have me 30 minutes delay pay.

Our health insurance could be better, but after enough time on TB, I've reconsidered my Union position because the union shops share the same issues we do, just with better health care. Local management is going to do what local management does regardless of union presence.
you do understand when you have a union on your side. you pretty much get legal protection from corporations. thats why fedex hands out anti union propaganda.

NMFA effective 4/1/1977 stipulated that all newly purchased road tractors had to have A/C. City tractors after 4/1/2003.
Our Brigadiers in 78 were our first-day cabs with AC.
They had an air gauge and speedometer, that's it.
I can't recall any road tractors with a fuel gauge.
Don't think I ran out of fuel in 35 yrs.