FedEx Freight | Bunch of clowns

Yes, and then a driver files a complaint with the steward about not having A/C in the truck.

And the companies solution is to take everyones A/C belt off so nobody has it - can't be a issue if everyone is dealing with it equally.

You also have legal protection against being forced into a unsafe tractor as-is. If you deadline a tractor and they still make you take it (If its truly a safety problem not something like A/C ect.) make sure to get it in writing. We've had one unit thats been in and out of the shop since we got it for steering issues, nothing major but if you weren't paying attention on a bump you might **** yourself, took a few years but after nearly rebuilding the entire thing they got it figured out.
if the a/c came with the truck. it should stay working under federal law.

Hmmm….sounds like a bunch of bitchin and moaning without real evidence. I like how everyone acts like they would know what every best decision for a gigantic freight company would be. I have very few gripes. I just show up STFU and do my job. Get paid well, don’t break down hardly ever, make my gates the overwhelming vast majority of the time. What’s so horrible for all of you ?
Visitor here. Nothing horrible with ltl Linehaul. Would just prefer they STFU & let me do my job.

Visitor here. Nothing horrible with ltl Linehaul. Would just prefer they STFU & let me do my job.
Impossible driver, you should have realized by now that any supervisor in any ltl company in the country can sit down and give you 2 hours of how you don't know what you are doing and this is how you should do it! Of course not one of them has ever sat in the driver's seat of a big truck, much less driven one. But that's of no consequence, they know it all, just ask them.

Impossible driver, you should have realized by now that any supervisor in any ltl company in the country can sit down and give you 2 hours of how you don't know what you are doing and this is how you should do it! Of course not one of them has ever sat in the driver's seat of a big truck, much less driven one. But that's of no consequence, they know it all, just ask them.
Guys, they’re paid to SUPERVISE! They have no actual value, if they aren’t stirring up drama or playing games, they wouldn’t have anything to do. (In a world where everyone’s feelings matter more than productivity or work ethic, anyway)

modern trucks a/c are tied into the defrosters. so yes, your a/c must work
As I said correct but the shop will just deadline your truck till you retire or start bringing in candy , droughts , foodstuffs with a little smooching . You actually can go and buy the blower motor and replace it yourself in 2 hours but The Shop would rather down the unit and screw you with the we got no parts thing . Really then why do we need you guys and just can't use a mobile service guy like we did in the AF days ?

As I said correct but the shop will just deadline your truck till you retire or start bringing in candy , droughts , foodstuffs with a little smooching . You actually can go and buy the blower motor and replace it yourself in 2 hours but The Shop would rather down the unit and screw you with the we got no parts thing . Really then why do we need you guys and just can't use a mobile service guy like we did in the AF days ?
Most of the times companies don't want vendors because they cost the company money, reason being they fix things. Many company wrenches like to deadline equipment as they will fix it when they get to it cause it's the drivers fault it broke in the first place. :438:

October of 98 I could not back a dolly under the rear box hooked to the front one. Walmart DC's & Carrier furnaces were the 2 companies that we drove a set in & a set out. After my first 2 months of working @ ABF I did not like the fact I could not back the dolly in to the rear box hooked to the lead. So I started leaving the dolly hooked & hooking it that way. Took me about an hour the first time to hook a set that way. After 30 days of practice I had it down pretty good. After 17 years, sometimes I still would have to pull up 2 or 3 times to hook the rear on the dolly. I did realize that when you thought it time to turn the wheel, you were to late. You have to turn the wheel before you think about it. Most days I got it right. Some days not so much. von.

October of 98 I could not back a dolly under the rear box hooked to the front one. Walmart DC's & Carrier furnaces were the 2 companies that we drove a set in & a set out. After my first 2 months of working @ ABF I did not like the fact I could not back the dolly in to the rear box hooked to the lead. So I started leaving the dolly hooked & hooking it that way. Took me about an hour the first time to hook a set that way. After 30 days of practice I had it down pretty good. After 17 years, sometimes I still would have to pull up 2 or 3 times to hook the rear on the dolly. I did realize that when you thought it time to turn the wheel, you were to late. You have to turn the wheel before you think about it. Most days I got it right. Some days not so much. von.
I tried it 2 or 3 times and said the hell with that.
I assumed that was an impossible feat until I saw the switchers at work.
I still never tried again.

I tried it 2 or 3 times and said the hell with that.
I assumed that was an impossible feat until I saw the switchers at work.
I still never tried again.
I learned how to do it because I was mad they could do it, & I couldn't. Call it peer pressure or any name you like. My thought was if they can do it, so can I. Besides a lot less work not having to get out & set it. von.

As I said correct but the shop will just deadline your truck till you retire or start bringing in candy , droughts , foodstuffs with a little smooching . You actually can go and buy the blower motor and replace it yourself in 2 hours but The Shop would rather down the unit and screw you with the we got no parts thing . Really then why do we need you guys and just can't use a mobile service guy like we did in the AF

anti bacterial soap

I also remember when AF had anti bacterial soap in the bathrooms

supervisors dont do anything nor have any of them actually drove a truck. but you get some drivers that put on silk purple panties and suck up to supervisors

I have 2

1) the health coverage getting more expensive and more complicated

2) The use of purchase trailers when they're not necessary because you have guys getting called off that can do the work.

Other than that, I'm good.
I’ll give you the healthcare. Not sure if that isn’t more of an is what it is for the times that fedex being cheap. I really don’t know all I know is literally everything is less for your money now. The government is 150 million percent to blame. Wether it be a vast over reaction to Covid by shutting the economy down and then giving millions in stimulus money encouraging people to not work or various other things. They are majorly to blame.

As I said correct but the shop will just deadline your truck till you retire or start bringing in candy , droughts , foodstuffs with a little smooching . You actually can go and buy the blower motor and replace it yourself in 2 hours but The Shop would rather down the unit and screw you with the we got no parts thing . Really then why do we need you guys and just can't use a mobile service guy like we did in the AF days
AF was a much better ran company.

I had a bossy man stand on my boots and go over in the nth degree of how to do this work.

I stood there for 8 minutes while he wound up and got really into it.

After he wound down, I said is that it?

He he he.