Averitt | Business is slow....thanks barry

I look at the due dates and at the other items you mentioned.....I think the "HOT LTL" is put on our dispatches to give someone in CKV something to B$tch about T/L. As we all know Averitt is not one big happy family!
A lot of loads in t/l have "hot load must deliver on time, contact your fleet mgr with any delays" written down in the comments section, those are recurring dispatches that go on a daily basis, some load planner wrote that in there years ago and no one has ever went in and edited the load info, they just keep sending it on a daily basis with only the dates and load ##'s changed.

This same thing happens on the LTL side as well. Info is put in the computer and nobody takes the time to remove it. The end user (the driver) has to look at this all the time, not the dispatcher or planner. I know excatly what you are saying about this.

I can remember when TL started pulling LTL loads. Now in all my 25 years of driving the ONLY late loads I have ever had were LTL. As mentioned how does Averitt expect a TL driver to unload at 8am go to the yard and wait 12-14 hours just to pull an all nighter when you should be just going to sleep. At first the LTL dock and mgt guys got all pi**y as hell when we showed late as if some how we don't need sleep but then TL confronted them and said LAY OFF if you want us to haul your LTL we're not Shuttle drivers that can show up to work all rested and run nights every night of the week. Since then we don't hear a word from the LTL side. I was 2.5 hours late on an LTL load last week just walked up to dispatch handed him the bills and he signed them and told me what dock to put it in...
Case in point...I delivered a load in the local Nashville area, wedsnesday nite, took my 10 brk at NAS, ready to go at 0730, got a NAS-RAL 1930-2030 NAS time cut time,645-0745 delvr time. I tried to grab a nap around noon, giving up at 1600 my time, I walked in to dispatch to see if it was still a go, they gave me the bills, THE LOAD WAS CUT AT 1315 MY TIME! A simple msg on the qualcomm would have got me and the load moving to RAL.

Case in point...I delivered a load in the local Nashville area, wedsnesday nite, took my 10 brk at NAS, ready to go at 0730, got a NAS-RAL 1930-2030 NAS time cut time,645-0745 delvr time. I tried to grab a nap around noon, giving up at 1600 my time, I walked in to dispatch to see if it was still a go, they gave me the bills, THE LOAD WAS CUT AT 1315 MY TIME! A simple msg on the qualcomm would have got me and the load moving to RAL.
A simple message, phone call, sending the switcher by to hit his horn, they have the truck#'s in the computer

Money is tight! That would cost the company a fortune to do what you have suggested. Where would the money come from in order to print up the senseless Pravda every month? Oh the horror of just the thought of it.

Kinda ridiculous to get this slow.... it was busier in feb than in aug/sept, makes you worry about winter especially when you are one of the bottom guys

In T/L you get great miles one week, then crap loads the next, I figuire right after Thanksgiving things will get REAL SLOW! As we all know there is NO seniority dispatches in T/L.

In t/l it's a lot to do with your fleet mgr. He can go in and take you off bad loads, hand pick loads, change splits (computer auto splits some loads) or have you drop loads that have extended waits for deliveries. Of course there has to be freight there, but a good flt mgr will take care of those who take care of him, I had a couple of outstanding flt mgrs, had a couple of them that just came in and did the minimum they had to.

Until the structure of the upper management changes, this is the new reality. AND until we throw this idiot president out of office. But then again, AE management and barry are basically carbon copies of one another. Both of the fools believe in the farce and the fraud that is global warming.