New Penn | Butch Lewis Act Passes Ways And Means

Keepingon

TB Legend
Credits
Sure would be great if something really positive happened with this proposal, not holding my breath.It seems the longer this goes on the more I believe its no more than a feel good,looking for votes, hot air ,political blow.
Hope I am wrong, sure would be nice to get some of the 29% back that they removed from my pension check.

Sure would be great if something really positive happened with this proposal, not holding my breath.It seems the longer this goes on the more I believe its no more than a feel good,looking for votes, hot air ,political blow.
Hope I am wrong, sure would be nice to get some of the 29% back that they removed from my pension check.
I feel for you, but you are right on, this is nothing but a scam. Chances are this will never happen...

I could be wrong and hope I 'am but it would surprise me if the republicans didn't kill that bill .
Wouldn’t surprise me either, one of the articles I read when it passed committee said that they argued for tougher rules and more protections against abuse of the funds if it should pass.

I could be wrong and hope I 'am but it would surprise me if the republicans didn't kill that bill .
Mitch McConnell will put this bill in his back pocket never to see daylight again when it reaches the senate. It will never even be up for a vote in the senate as long as he’s the senate majority leader. Mitch hates unions, truck drivers and coal miners. Loves coal companies.

Mitch McConnell will put this bill in his back pocket never to see daylight again when it reaches the senate. It will never even be up for a vote in the senate as long as he’s the senate majority leader. Mitch hates unions, truck drivers and coal miners. Loves coal companies.
and Corporate Welfare for mismanaged union pension funds....

and Corporate Welfare for mismanaged union pension funds....
Please explain how the union pension funds were mismanaged? Are you claiming that the funds managers and trustees failed to comply with government policies? That they have broken the law? Lock them up!!! Lock them up!!!

Please explain how the union pension funds were mismanaged? Are you claiming that the funds managers and trustees failed to comply with government policies? That they have broken the law? Lock them up!!! Lock them up!!!
My thought is that the freaking gubment laws and interference partly contributed to some of these funds being in trouble.

The pension fund is based upon a growing base to contribute funds so retirees can benefit. The mismanagement was to not bring in new members as the NMFA carriers shut down by the dozens. Union 'bosses' sat idly and watched the pension dry up only to grovel to the government for some welfare that most likely will never come..
The teamsters have not organized a major carrier into the pension in over 40 years....
Anyone who did not see this coming has some issues to work out. It only gets worse with time. Trump has the market as hot as it can be, thus why the inevitable death of the funds are slightly prolonged..
Any teamster under 55 years old who believes they will see a full pension needs a reality check...
Best to take it and invest for your self, never count on a union to protect you..... especially your future....

The pension fund is based upon a growing base to contribute funds so retirees can benefit. The mismanagement was to not bring in new members as the NMFA carriers shut down by the dozens. Union 'bosses' sat idly and watched the pension dry up only to grovel to the government for some welfare that most likely will never come..
The teamsters have not organized a major carrier into the pension in over 40 years....
Anyone who did not see this coming has some issues to work out. It only gets worse with time. Trump has the market as hot as it can be, thus why the inevitable death of the funds are slightly prolonged..
Any teamster under 55 years old who believes they will see a full pension needs a reality check...
Best to take it and invest for your self, never count on a union to protect you..... especially your future....

Puff what you posted is true about the Teamsters not organizing into the NMFA. But you know very well that the union "bosses" as you called them had nothing to do with the running of the pension funds. You know that the fund board of trustees is made up of an equal number of union and company representatives. If they didn't perform their fiduciary obligations then that's a crime and lock them up. But you can't blame the union "bosses". I understand that you are still bitter about what Tony Pro's Genovese Mafia crime family did to NEMF. But it doesn't have anything to do with the now failing MEPFs. Maybe I'm missing something but your explanation as to your claim that the unions mismanaged the funds doesn't make sense. Please enlighten me.

Puff what you posted is true about the Teamsters not organizing into the NMFA. But you know very well that the union "bosses" as you called them had nothing to do with the running of the pension funds. You know that the fund board of trustees is made up of an equal number of union and company representatives. If they didn't perform their fiduciary obligations then that's a crime and lock them up. But you can't blame the union "bosses". I understand that you are still bitter about what Tony Pro's Genovese Mafia crime family did to NEMF. But it doesn't have anything to do with the now failing MEPFs. Maybe I'm missing something but your explanation as to your claim that the unions mismanaged the funds doesn't make sense. Please enlighten me.
They saw the membership decline and did nothing only to wait for some miracle to prop up the pensions. Instead the union bosses traded off organizing UPSF in lieu of allowing UPS to pull out of the CSPF. That was union bosses wo did nothing....
We all know that the boards are made up of union bosses and company reps. They have fiduciary responsibility but not membership responsibility.
Pensions must have more members paying into vs. puling out or they die.. They are legal Ponzi Schemes...

You still haven't provided anything to support your claim that the union "bosses" mismanaged the pension funds. The union "bosses" don't have any actual control over the management of the funds.

They saw the membership decline and did nothing only to wait for some miracle to prop up the pensions. Instead the union bosses traded off organizing UPSF in lieu of allowing UPS to pull out of the CSPF. That was union bosses wo did nothing....

I don't agree that they did nothing. I totally agree that Hoffa sold us down the river with the UPSF stand alone contract. But please explain how that had anything to do with UPS paying it's withdrawal money into the CSPF. How could the union "bosses" or the fund have stopped UPS from legally withdrawing?

As to organizing didn't the Teamsters try and fail to organize Overnite? Didn't they try to organize FedEx in a nationwide campaign only to have the courts block it? Haven't they succeeded in organizing in a few locations? Hasn't FedEx fought us in every attempt?

We all know that the boards are made up of union bosses and company reps. They have fiduciary responsibility but not membership responsibility.

The union trustees are not necessarily union "bosses" as you would like to make it appear. Membership responsibilities have nothing to do with the fiduciary responsibilities of the pension funds. True the NMFA is dead because of Hoffa but he hasn't mismanaged the pension funds. Your claim is comparing apples to oranges...................

Pensions must have more members paying into vs. puling out or they die.. They are legal Ponzi Schemes...

If you say so but lets back up to when you supposedly sued the TENJ fund to get your pension. There wasn't any law suit. Then it turned out you weren't even eligible to collect your pension. Now you are supposedly collecting your share of the "Ponzi " scheme. But you still attack the Teamsters and the funds in every thread concerning unions that you post.

99 % of all pension funds are underfunded. The employees of the State of IL is 160 BILLION underfunded. The Chicago Teachers Pension Fund is 11 Billion underfunded. The elected officials of the IL state pension fund went before their Supreme Court asking for relief. All 7 justices ruled 'you promised them the money, now pay it'. So the state has raised taxes so high, people are leaving, looking for relief from higher taxes. There is no easy answer for private or public funds. Based on the current finical picture of pension funds, I just hope CS will stay solvent. It's not right, but I expect a cut in my benefits trying to make the fund viable. Any fund wanting to stay solvent will have to cut benefits & find other funds, or go belly up. von.