ABF | Butch Lewis Act

canaryinthemine

Retirement....The Job I Was Born To Have!
Credits
Gentlemen,....and Ladies.....
On June 11, the Butch Lewis Act,...the Rehabilitation of Multi-Employer Pensions Act,.....H.R.397, finally came out of Committee and will be scheduled for a full House vote soon.
Apparently it was a contentious markup session with the Bill,....with the Usual Suspects claiming this will....bankrupt the country,..or some other similar nonsense.

H.R.397 is a loan program,...with extremely favorable terms and a 30 year amortization. But, the MEPF's do have to pay it back.......

They still have not approved the funds to keep the Pension Benefit Guarantee Insurance program afloat longer than 2026........

Before you pop the champagne corks and celebrate by buying that new Rolls-Royce...(...Oh! you overpaid Retirees!...).....
....Remember that this has to pass the House(probable..)....., and then the Senate(questionable..)...and then Mr. Trump has to sign it into Law(doubtful..).....

We are going into an....Election "season"......Those who want to......pander....to working people MAY support passage of this Bill,....IF they hear from enough Constituents...
This includes Mr. Trump.

If passage of this Act is ......important....to your retirement,...time to break out your letter-writing skills.
No word on whether this Bill,..H.R.397,...will contain retroactive provisions to restore pensions that have already been cut,...and promises made to retirees already violated....

We'll just have to Trust Congress will do the......Honorable Thing......
....(...after checking with their Overlords,....Wall Street and their Big Donors...)...........

On June 11, the Butch Lewis Act,...the Rehabilitation of Multi-Employer Pensions Act,.....H.R.397, finally came out of Committee and will be scheduled for a full House vote soon.
Apparently it was a contentious markup session with the Bill,....with the Usual Suspects claiming this will....bankrupt the country,..or some other similar nonsense.

H.R.397 is a loan program,...with extremely favorable terms and a 30 year amortization. But, the MEPF's do have to pay it back.......

They still have not approved the funds to keep the Pension Benefit Guarantee Insurance program afloat longer than 2026........

Before you pop the champagne corks and celebrate by buying that new Rolls-Royce...(...Oh! you overpaid Retirees!...).....
....Remember that this has to pass the House(probable..)....., and then the Senate(questionable..)...and then Mr. Trump has to sign it into Law(doubtful..).....

We are going into an....Election "season"......Those who want to......pander....to working people MAY support passage of this Bill,....IF they hear from enough Constituents...
This includes Mr. Trump.

If passage of this Act is ......important....to your retirement,...time to break out your letter-writing skills.
No word on whether this Bill,..H.R.397,...will contain retroactive provisions to restore pensions that have already been cut,...and promises made to retirees already violated....

....(...after checking with their Overlords,....Wall Street and their Big Donors...)...........
Your glass has always been half full,so maybe this thing could turn out to be bipartisan my brother !!!

This includes Mr. Trump.

When you send your emails, letters and faxes please don't include anything about Overloards, Big Donors, Wall Street or any other such nonsense. We would like this Bill to pass. Please don't shoot us in the foot.

When you send your emails, letters and faxes please don't include anything about Overloards, Big Donors, Wall Street or any other such nonsense. We would like this Bill to pass. Please don't shoot us in the foot.

I can be the epitome of suave and persuasive verbiage....Golden phrases rolling off my tongue like the proverbial(Matthew 3:4..)Locusts and Honey.......
I can sling equine excrement with the best of 'em......

Don't you worry about me,.........I can slather on the persiflage with a....gentle and ironic touch......

I can be the epitome of suave and persuasive verbiage....Golden phrases rolling off my tongue like the proverbial(Matthew 3:4..)Locusts and Honey.......
I can sling equine excrement with the best of 'em......

Don't you worry about me,.........I can slather on the persiflage with a....gentle and ironic touch......
I had to look up persilfage. Did you have a previous life from the 18th century of France? von.

The replies to the first letter I wrote over a year ago are posted by the time clock at my terminal encouraging all who see it to write as well. Copies were sent to all my representatives and a copy was addressed to the President's office...a.k.a. The White House. Ironically the only ones to bother to reply and thank me for my imput were Republicans. Obviously the Democrat was much too busy protecting me....us....them. Write a concise letter noting the Bill name and number H.R. 397 and tell them you are of the opinion this bill will be very important to your ability to retire with dignity. Remind them that before they can buy their stuff at the store, somebody has to haul it to the store or online retailer's warehouse in a truck. Everyone needs to put an hour or so on their calendar and make this a priority. It will make a difference!

Last edited:
The replies to the first letter I wrote over a year ago are posted by the time clock at my terminal encouraging all who see it to write as well. Copies were sent to all my representatives and a copy was addressed to the President's office...a.k.a. The White House. Ironically the only ones to bother to reply and thank me for my imput were Republicans. Obviously the Democrat was much too busy protecting me....us....them. Write a concise letter noting the Bill name and number H.R. 397 and tell them you are of the opinion this bill will be very important to your ability to retire with dignity. Remind them that before they can buy their stuff at the store, somebody has to haul it to the store or online retailer's warehouse in a truck. Everyone needs to put an hour or so on their calendar and make this a priority. It will make a difference!
I will be writing another one soon

I’ve written several letters to my two Senators, Bob Casey (D)and Pat Toomey (R) Sen. Casey has always responded.......Sen. Toomey sent a “form” letter........”We are acknowledging receipt of your letter...”

I’ve gotten responses back from Sen’s. Tim Kaine(D) and Lamar Alexander(R)......and got put on both of their newsletter lists....Both were guarded in their answers....

Congressman Neal(D),.......chair of the Ways and Means with oversight on H.R. 397 sent back a wonderful response....

My own Congressman,.....Guy Reschenthaler(R)......has yet to put pen to paper and let me know he received my letter of several months ago.....
But I am getting a little disappointed with him....
He was one of the Congressmen castigated by Jon Stewart for not showing up at the hearing to fund the 9/11survivors fund.
He has not responded to my letter about that, either......

Come to think of it.....my State Senator, Kim Ward(R)...has not responded to my letter about highway conditions in my area......
That was several weeks ago......

Maybe I’m on a ........”list”......

I’ve written several letters to my two Senators, Bob Casey (D)and Pat Toomey (R) Sen. Casey has always responded.......Sen. Toomey sent a “form” letter........”We are acknowledging receipt of your letter...”

I’ve gotten responses back from Sen’s. Tim Kaine(D) and Lamar Alexander(R)......and got put on both of their newsletter lists....Both were guarded in their answers....

Congressman Neal(D),.......chair of the Ways and Means with oversight on H.R. 397 sent back a wonderful response....

My own Congressman,.....Guy Reschenthaler(R)......has yet to put pen to paper and let me know he received my letter of several months ago.....
But I am getting a little disappointed with him....
He was one of the Congressmen castigated by Jon Stewart for not showing up at the hearing to fund the 9/11survivors fund.
He has not responded to my letter about that, either......

Come to think of it.....my State Senator, Kim Ward(R)...has not responded to my letter about highway conditions in my area......
That was several weeks ago......

Maybe I’m on a ........”list”......
Tell them they are on a list of people not to vote for because they don't seem to be bothered by you. Leave your phone number in the letter & let us know if they called. von.

Tell them they are on a list of people not to vote for because they don't seem to be bothered by you. Leave your phone number in the letter & let us know if they called. von.

Must be due to my PAC fund doings with my Local.......Years ago Sen. Kim Ward wanted our endorsement,.......we gave it based on her promises to...."look out for working people..."
And within two months of her election,......she stabbed a bunch of municipal Union workers in the back.....
Didn't wait long to show her true colors...

Since then, our PAC fund refused to endorse her reelection campaigns......
Probably why I'm......" on the list...."

As of last night the Treasury Department announced the results of the vote for the Western Pennsylvania Teamsters Pension fund,.....and 34% voted no,......the remainder of the....participants were counted as "yes" votes,...whether they voted or not.

The proposal in Congress to only count the votes that are received,.....did not get out of the "talking" stage...

Looks like we take a cut....about 30%.......starting August 1st.

There is a....small...chance that, if the Butch Lewis Act,...H.R.397,....gets passed, they may retroactively restore our pensions.....
....the ones we were promised.....

In my case,...the one I worked 41 years of 12 hour days,..to get a 30 year pension based on 8 hour days........

But,...as I stated,.......H.R.397 must get through Congress(probably),........and then through the Senate(possibly)......and then President Trump must sign it into law(doubtful)......

Might be years.......if ever......

Oh,well..........The Meek shall inherit the Earth,........"Meek" must mean disenfranchised working people,......In this case, I feel as if I've been sold the...Brooklyn Bridge.....