Yellow | Butch Lewis

who would be the best to email my feelings for this proposal
Contact Republicans Mitch McConnell, NRCC and NRSC tell them they would be a permanent majority party win votes of socially conservative Union members if they would support Unions give up the anti-union right to work crap stop caring so much for the rich.

Contact Republicans Mitch McConnell, NRCC and NRSC tell them they would be a permanent majority party win votes of socially conservative Union members if they would support Unions give up the anti-union right to work crap stop caring so much for the rich.

Nice misrepresentation of what Repubs believe...
So if they would stomp on their principles and what they believe in, you would vote for them????? Ponder that, and try to explain why you would vote for a fraud, who voted against his platform and principles.

Nice misrepresentation of what Repubs believe...
So if they would stomp on their principles and what they believe in, you would vote for them????? Ponder that, and try to explain why you would vote for a fraud, who voted against his platform and principles.
I don't like both parties whos voting for a fraud a lot of Union officials stomp on their principles and what they believe in why do we vote for them

if they would support Unions give up the anti-union right to work crap
How about a trade? The unions give up the demand, of being the sole representatives, of the employees, and right to work goes away. Naw, I didn't think so.

How about a trade? The unions give up the demand, of being the sole representatives, of the employees, and right to work goes away. Naw, I didn't think so.
What are you going to do when SAIA decides not to pay you for something, go around your seniority and fires you for bogus reasons?

What are you going to do when SAIA decides not to pay you for something, go around your seniority and fires you for bogus reasons?
For some reason, you union guys think that non union workers are not protected but some of the biggest ltl companies are non union and they didn't get that way by being run in a good ol boy manner. I can't speak for any other company but, at Saia, There is a detailed and extensive employee handbook of do's and don'ts and Saia's Human Resources Department is like the Internal Affairs Department, in so many law and order tv shows. Regardless, of whether you are a regular employee or work on the management side, you do not want to be on their radar and have them looking into a complaint and brother, they will look. Nobody and I mean nobody wants that requesting information email showing up.
You union guys talk about filing a grievance, with your local BA, which is the start of your process, but I can pick up the phone and chat with the regional Human Resource guy or his boss or his bosses boss before your grievance hits the fax machine. I can make an unannounced visit, with one of the top 20 people, in the whole company, by hopping the elevator and knocking , on his door, and he will open and make time for a chat. At Saia, it's the open door policy and it's in the handbook. Just be right before taking that step.

In 20 plus years, I have never had a reason to make that call but I can. I would bet that I would get an answer long before you do.

For some reason, you union guys think that non union workers are not protected but some of the biggest ltl companies are non union and they didn't get that way by being run in a good ol boy manner. I can't speak for any other company but, at Saia, There is a detailed and extensive employee handbook of do's and don'ts and Saia's Human Resources Department is like the Internal Affairs Department, in so many law and order tv shows. Regardless, of whether you are a regular employee or work on the management side, you do not want to be on their radar and have them looking into a complaint and brother, they will look. Nobody and I mean nobody wants that requesting information email showing up.
You union guys talk about filing a grievance, with your local BA, which is the start of your process, but I can pick up the phone and chat with the regional Human Resource guy or his boss or his bosses boss before your grievance hits the fax machine. I can make an unannounced visit, with one of the top 20 people, in the whole company, by hopping the elevator and knocking , on his door, and he will open and make time for a chat. At Saia, it's the open door policy and it's in the handbook. Just be right before taking that step.

In 20 plus years, I have never had a reason to make that call but I can. I would bet that I would get an answer long before you do.
Drac, you have to remember one thing though. The person you are replying too, and others like him, need the union to keep their job for them because they don’t follow the rules. In over 32 years in the union, the company gave me no reason to file a grievance. I like you stated could talk to the right people,usually locally and settle most issues. I’ll admit sometimes I wasn’t thrilled with my assignment, but always did my job.

If you have the down payment, I have the truck for you!
Mud would trade his Pumpkin for this badboy.
Love the sound of that Detroit!

d_14968_bcap.jpg

:tr10driving03:

Last edited:

I'm sure you're not saying the good ole boy system doesn't exist.
We also had a handbook in 1955, still, nepotism was blatant, good ole boys weekly miles were often double other
drivers, good ole boys seldom drove a tractor with no heater, usually drove diesel powered units, never old gas burners.
This only ceased in 57, when we were unionized, it was alive and well in my days.