SAIA | Bye bye Starbucks?

If you were delivering to the stores you should be rejoicing, those types of deliveries aren't worth having.

Good riddance - I have hated them ever since I ended up shutting down the highway pulling a fully loaded set of their's... 60+ bills at a whole 3500 lbs per trailer - sure it was snowing pretty bad & icy as all hell not to mention the two lane road, but that is besides the point.

honestly there bulk shipments I don't mind at all, it is all those small 1&2 box orders that as a line driver I don't even know if we pull anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand that is it large accounts like this that keep us employed & though they may be a PITA if they put it I'm my trailer - I'm gonna pull it

Last edited:
As of the date I left Saia, Starbucks was around 18,000 bills per week. If Saia says bye-bye, what is the plan to replace that business? Could be layoffs. Be careful what you wish for.

As of the date I left Saia, Starbucks was around 18,000 bills per week. If Saia says bye-bye, what is the plan to replace that business? Could be layoffs. Be careful what you wish for.
I say it's just a rumor. I don't believe it. I will see tomorrow. That would be like losing ULINE. It would be a huge loss.

I know in the past, when It went 3PL and Estes got it, Saia was freaking out and did something, because they got it back. Personally, I think there are better ways to make money.

O'Dell and his management team seem to have a pretty good idea on what kind of freight they want to carry and at what price. In my opinion, it's possible that they staked out a price line, that they were comfortable with even if that meant losing the business, Starbuck's moved on and that's that.

Half of the company has not done it in a couple yrs...lanes we are out of balance in they have been pricing us out of the business..this came from a vp

Still picking up Starbucks in Texas and Tennessee. Not sure about other states and not sure if it's only until the contract expires.

CGO region is still doing starbucks.. We probably dont want to price ourselves out of it because most of our terminals inbound:outbound ratio are on the low side..