Central Transport | C.T. Paydays

Rusty Kuntz

TB Lurker
Credits
Are we going to be paid biweekly?

our manager swears we are going to be paid weekly but i,m reading its biweekly

can any one clear this up

I was told bi-weekly but who knows for sure until the checks start getting cut....I do know that CT now pays their original employees weekly but to my understanding that will change to bi-weekly.

I was told bi-weekly but who knows for sure until the checks start getting cut....I do know that CT now pays their original employees weekly but to my understanding that will change to bi-weekly.

Thx bro i need to know how much to put aside two week pay swing and two week holding leads to a long time before its in your hand..lol

we're held back two weeks but paid weekly, that's what i hear c.t. also does. c.t. can't find drivers that want to work for them now, going to paying every two weeks is not a smart move on their part. i would'nt put it past them though.

I read a memo that said they are paid weekly now but that will change....They do hold back two weeks and that will stay the same but the weekly pay will go to bi-weekly...I agree it wouldn't be a smart move for morale but this is about saving money and personally I don't think they care about morale....It's about the bottom line. We will just have to wait and see but just for planning purposes I would count on every two weeks and if it turns out to be different then that would be great....But when it comes to money and cost savings we will always lose in my opinion.

We were told memo was wrong. Still makes me wonder that's a major type-o to make. I would think they would try to correct that. Things just keep sounding better an better huh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was told memo was incorrect...I haven't a clue what's up now...Just have to wait and see.

I think everything is subject to change, we were told drivers would be taken over 2 at a time for a week then come back till the terminal is wrapped up then go over as one big happy family, now it appears that once your over there your there to stay and as of this coming Monday almost half of our city drivers will be over at CT

I think everything is subject to change, we were told drivers would be taken over 2 at a time for a week then come back till the terminal is wrapped up then go over as one big happy family, now it appears that once your over there your there to stay and as of this coming Monday almost half of our city drivers will be over at CT

Just so you know Fudgie, we are keeping the Ford account. And you will be hauling DTE Energy and CMS Energy once again.

40 missed pick ups yesterday at one of the jersey terminals over whelmed with freight and no drivers going over when our yard closes !

Paid weekly, payroll is a week behind(the reason for 2 week holdback.) since you guys are already essentially here, my guess is the check will just say CT one week and on.

I'm waiting to hear how they handle direct deposit. We've wanted it for years, and all the V drivers I know have it. I'm hoping they move to give us that option, but Matty feels pretty strong about the manager handing workers their checks personally.

I do know we're buried in V freight at out barn right now. Not sure what they're doing but it's making mess for us . Hopefully it'll settle once we onboard the V guys.

Paid weekly, payroll is a week behind(the reason for 2 week holdback.) since you guys are already essentially here, my guess is the check will just say CT one week and on.

I'm waiting to hear how they handle direct deposit. We've wanted it for years, and all the V drivers I know have it. I'm hoping they move to give us that option, but Matty feels pretty strong about the manager handing workers their checks personally.

I do know we're buried in V freight at out barn right now. Not sure what they're doing but it's making mess for us . Hopefully it'll settle once we onboard the V guys.

Does that really happen every Friday that the TM personally hands your your check? Stamper told us, NO direct deposit. Just seems like another way to make us want work our tails off at CT.

Got news for ya big guy 4 drivers transferred with over 20 years at V all of them on the way out! we have more people wanting unemployment then to work for slave labor .

Some are staying , some are going. Do whatever you want , I couldn't care less. So far in out area the majority are opting to stay .

If they don't, we'll hire someone else. It's not a hard job to learn.

Truthfully, the only affect walking out will have is on yourself. CT is one of only 3 LTL carriers turning a profit, I'll stay where I'm stable.

As for the question the other guy asked about TMs and the checks, yes it happens every Friday. Our TM hands out checks as we get ready to dispatch.

Some are staying , some are going. Do whatever you want , I couldn't care less. So far in out area the majority are opting to stay .

If they don't, we'll hire someone else. It's not a hard job to learn.

Truthfully, the only affect walking out will have is on yourself. CT is one of only 3 LTL carriers turning a profit, I'll stay where I'm stable.

As for the question the other guy asked about TMs and the checks, yes it happens every Friday. Our TM hands out checks as we get ready to dispatch.

Thanks for the info., the last time my boss handed me a check and a handshake was back in 1975 or so. Definitely not at Vitran. It felt good to hear that your work is appreciated. Though just tonight my TM paid me $ 10.22 from his own pocket for 2 bolts I bought to buy to fix my liftgate trailer last week, so that I could finish my route instead of bringing my freight back to the terminal. I never thought that would ever happen, he is a really nice TM.