Central Transport | C.T. Paydays

Trust nophix. He and mothergoose will give you a straight answer. Unlike some people. Good people.
Mother knows best. nophix is good too and they run neck and neck but I always have to go with my mother. When you educate a man you educate an individual, when you educate a woman you educate a whole family......Most of all the other beautiful things in life come by twos and threes, by dozens and hundreds. Plenty of roses, stars, sunsets, rainbows, brothers and sisters, aunts and cousins, but only one mother in the whole world. Good family life is never an accident but always an achievement by those who share it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sort of blown away there is no direct deposit. I hope they change that someday. What time of day on Fridays is the check available? Will it be there when my husband comes back from his Thursday night linehaul? Or will he have to wait to pick it up on Friday night? If so, we might not be able to deposit it until Mondays (which are bank holidays a few times a year), and it might take 4 days to clear since it's an out of state check. That means we won't really get paid until a week after receiving the checks, right? I guess we can live off of savings until we adjust to the new schedule. I just have to figure out when hubby or I have time to go to the bank. The branch with the most hours is 20 minutes away from our house.

I'm sort of blown away there is no direct deposit. I hope they change that someday. What time of day on Fridays is the check available? Will it be there when my husband comes back from his Thursday night linehaul? Or will he have to wait to pick it up on Friday night? If so, we might not be able to deposit it until Mondays (which are bank holidays a few times a year), and it might take 4 days to clear since it's an out of state check. That means we won't really get paid until a week after receiving the checks, right? I guess we can live off of savings until we adjust to the new schedule. I just have to figure out when hubby or I have time to go to the bank. The branch with the most hours is 20 minutes away from our house.

you really seem to be sweating the small stuff???? of course your going to get your check Friday morning , every Friday morning ...... right there on the desk in an envelope non the less. with your home address on it also.....

you really seem to be sweating the small stuff???? of course your going to get your check Friday morning , every Friday morning ...... right there on the desk in an envelope non the less. with your home address on it also.....
I'm not sweating the small stuff. I read here that the purpose of no direct deposit was to ensure people didn't call off work on Friday. That indicated that paychecks wouldn't be available on Friday morning, but instead on Friday night. You're used to getting paid by check. We're used to direct deposit---our money being available at Midnight on Thursday night. I haven't had to wait for an out of state payroll check to clear since the early 80s. While we have plenty of savings, the timeliness of cash flow is a BIG DEAL because I'm in the process of opening my own business. That makes money and time important because taking 40 minutes to head to the bank is time I can be working. Please try for a moment to drop the attitude and realize that not everyone's life is like yours. I'm not one of the complainers here.

I'm not sweating the small stuff. I read here that the purpose of no direct deposit was to ensure people didn't call off work on Friday. That indicated that paychecks wouldn't be available on Friday morning, but instead on Friday night. You're used to getting paid by check. We're used to direct deposit---our money being available at Midnight on Thursday night. I haven't had to wait for an out of state payroll check to clear since the early 80s. While we have plenty of savings, the timeliness of cash flow is a BIG DEAL because I'm in the process of opening my own business. That makes money and time important because taking 40 minutes to head to the bank is time I can be working. Please try for a moment to drop the attitude and realize that not everyone's life is like yours. I'm not one of the complainers here.

Excellent response!!! Since CT has the top of the line electronics, one would wonder why they are still in the Dark Ages with payroll. They are that concerned as to whether or not their loyal people show up for work. If one wants or needs to keep a job, it would require them to show up everyday. Go figure!

it's just to screw you over and make you jump hurdles, just like when fudgie posted that he has to drive to pick up his last two checks even though the handbook states they mail it to you. another means of making it difficult for you, seems like they don't want something nice to come your way.

Honestly, it's been one of my annoyances since I started, but hasn't caused much headache . The check is always there and handed out Friday morning, both city and Linehaul.

My bank finally got the ability to deposit through its smartphone apps, so that helps. Still would rather have direct.

I doubt we'll see it as long as Matty is alive.

Thanks for the info., the last time my boss handed me a check and a handshake was back in 1975 or so. Definitely not at Vitran. It felt good to hear that your work is appreciated. Though just tonight my TM paid me $ 10.22 from his own pocket for 2 bolts I bought to buy to fix my liftgate trailer last week, so that I could finish my route instead of bringing my freight back to the terminal. I never thought that would ever happen, he is a really nice TM.
You put a lot more stock in a handshake than I do. I couldn't care less. Tell you what... come drive over here right now and shovel my driveway and walk. I'll give you a choice- a $50.00 direct deposit into your account or a crisp $5.00 bill and a handshake. (After you leave you can decide if you want to feed your family a steak dinner or a can of spaghetti-O's . lol

he should've taken the $10.22 from the petty cash fund instead of his pocket, more like a nice dumbass t.m. lol.