cabovers

DecOTTpic.jpg

Monstro keeping and old Cornbinder company in Salinas.

9670171348_a269bd4ea1_b.jpg

Mexican truck? Monstro is a better...man...truck...sigh...than I. I haven't even seen an old binder like that local, has to be mexican!

Could you please wash Monstro, what I'm seeing is ridiculous Sir.

I love seeing the old Transtars and GMC Astros. So simple looking yet classic at the same time. They always bring a smile to my face when I see them.

I love seeing the old Transtars and GMC Astros. So simple looking yet classic at the same time. They always bring a smile to my face when I see them.

my first few trucks were indeed cabovers.

hated each and every one of 'em.

you smile when you see them..

i smile knowing they are dead...

Ahh come on, Pro. You're just spoiled by today's trucks with clutches easier than a VW Bug's. Monkeying up the side to get in, bouncing around, the heat from the doghouse....cabovers were "truckin", dude.

Ahh come on, Pro. You're just spoiled by today's trucks with clutches easier than a VW Bug's. Monkeying up the side to get in, bouncing around, the heat from the doghouse....cabovers were "truckin", dude.

youre_weird_too_dark_shirts_p235170323594459101qw9u_400_xlarge.jpeg

Mexican truck? Monstro is a better...man...truck...sigh...than I. I haven't even seen an old binder like that local, has to be mexican!

Could you please wash Monstro, what I'm seeing is ridiculous Sir.

Nope. Not Mexican. Californian. Notice the blue license plate. Salinas is in California. Steinbeck wrote about Salinas.

That truck belongs to a company in Salinas called Growers Ice, that makes ice to support the local agriculture industry. They can blow a 53 foot trailer full (around the produce) of ice chips in 15 minutes or so. They also support the nearby fisheries.

11260131163_7148e6b90a_b.jpg

They use so much water they have their own wells and water tower.

They also had this old Mack.

11260127873_38cb8c9f5e_b.jpg

Oh, and Monstro had just been given a bath the day before that picture was taken.

Then it rained up in the Siskyous on the way down to Salinas.

9666942381_4811bd8c58_b.jpg

g'night everyone...

got home at 7AM today, never went to bed, and i'm gonna watch some HBO, and quickly fall asleep, and miss yet another movie..!!

looking forward to the french toast in the AM...!!

buh..byeeeee

With all those license plates on the front of the K100 you really had enough metal that a bumper was pointless.

And that Cornbinder has enough paint on the side of the sleeper to paint another truck with all that white lettering.