FedEx Freight | California Fedex Freight Drivers Move To Cut Ties With Teamsters

Im not stocking you, i bounce from board to board. I like to know what other carriers make/pay or if other parts of the country pay the same....
That’s cool man no worries, I try to be as honest as I can even if it hurts. I do the same I like to be in the know also. Have a good Sunday:bananapartyhat:

Just curios, What has the union given these drivers in a contract that Fedex didn’t give them already?
Don’t tell me job security!
I don’t buy into the “fired for any reason at any time” crap either because you have to be a real screwup to get fired from Fedex and those people need(ed)to be fired, not saved, to linger around and still be a screwup.

If you do your job like your supposed to, you don’t need anyone “represent you”.

Fedex Freight is one of the top paying LTL freight companies. Look at YRC, a laughing stock...ABF is the only decent paying union LTL drivers left and they make about what we do...UPS freight also makes about what we do at least in my area of the USA.
So why a Union? Their great under funded pension plan?

To me they are desperate for paying memebers as they know they are on a sinking ship and their time in the trucking industry is short lived. They will lie to you in a second.
The union is not it used to be, for the workers. It’s now about putting money into their wallets to secure their own retirement. Also I’ve never been in a union and don’t need one, and have never ever been fired from a job in my life. I don’t need to pay someone to “protect my job” because only lazy ****s need their job protected.
Just my opinion is all!
Purple, pay attention to what this company is doing with the cameras. Here on the east coast and the clt region in specific they are trying to use the cameras against the veteran drivers to make room for the newbies who will drink the kool aid

Purple, pay attention to what this company is doing with the cameras. Here on the east coast and the clt region in specific they are trying to use the cameras against the veteran drivers to make room for the newbies who will drink the kool aid
For me personally the camera has saved me twice due to other idiot drivers. When they originally installed here in the south west, these cameras we were told they were there for our protection, and to help us, and of course I thought BS!

But so far I haven’t seen anything but positive results due to the camera. I have had 2 coaching sessions which basically a manager showing me a video of me driving both were for following to close but it was just for that, not to discipline me but just to make me aware of my driving habits.

Purple, pay attention to what this company is doing with the cameras. Here on the east coast and the clt region in specific they are trying to use the cameras against the veteran drivers to make room for the newbies who will make less pay and fed ex will save money on the portable peanuts retirement plan.

Fixed for accuracy.

For me personally the camera has saved me twice due to other idiot drivers. When they originally installed here in the south west, these cameras we were told they were there for our protection, and to help us, and of course I thought BS!

But so far I haven’t seen anything but positive results due to the camera. I have had 2 coaching sessions which basically a manager showing me a video of me driving both were for following to close but it was just for that, not to discipline me but just to make me aware of my driving habits.

So how exactly did the cameras save you twice?

So how exactly did the cameras save you twice?
I had a solid green light and an idiot turned left in front of me and I clipped him, second time and idiot didn’t yield coming off the freeway and cut across all the lanes, I was in the far left lane and he went directly in front of me and I rear ended him, he said it was my fault but the camera showed the true story. Both deemed non-preventable but if no cameras I think the second one would have been judged my fault due to no witnesses...the camera never lies.

As far as Fedex trying to fire senior drivers to hire and pay newbie drivers less, that’s some water cooler gossip if I’ve ever heard it lol...yeah let’s fire experienced drivers so the new guys can tear up all our new equipment to “save money”. I’ve worked at 3 different terminals in my career so far and have never seen or heard of anything like this going on.

All our “new drivers” have damaged more equipment in 1 year than all our senior drivers have in 20 years.
One new Driver is already on the fence to be fired because he has had too many accidents in less than 12 months. Deservedly so if he messes up again in the next year, he’s gone.

Lol some guys are paranoid is all I can say. I haven’t seen anything like that in my time at FedEx, ever. And I mean Fedex targeting drivers at top pay, it’s just not true. Show me some kind of proof it’s happening other than scuttlebut of he said she said. We have paranoid drivers at my terminal also and they are still working there, year after year after year...and they still think Fedex is out to get them. LOL is all I can say, lol.

Last edited:
I had a solid green light and an idiot turned left in front of me and I clipped him, second time and idiot didn’t yield coming off the freeway and cut across all the lanes, I was in the far left lane and he went directly in front of me and I rear ended him, he said it was my fault but the camera showed the true story. Both deemed non-preventable but if no cameras I think the second one would have been judged my fault due to no witnesses...the camera never lies.

As far as Fedex trying to fire senior drivers to hire and pay newbie drivers less, that’s some water cooler gossip if I’ve ever heard it lol...yeah let’s fire experienced drivers so the new guys can tear up all our new equipment to “save money”. I’ve worked at 3 different terminals in my career so far and have never seen or heard of anything like this going on.

All our “new drivers” have damaged more equipment in 1 year than all our senior drivers have in 20 years.
One new Driver is already on the fence to be fired because he has had too many accidents in less than 12 months. Deservedly so if he messes up again in the next year, he’s gone.

Lol some guys are paranoid is all I can say. I haven’t seen anything like that in my time at FedEx, ever. And I mean Fedex targeting drivers at top pay, it’s just not true. Show me some kind of proof it’s happening other than scuttlebut of he said she said. We have paranoid drivers at my terminal also and they are still working there, year after year after year...and they still think Fedex is out to get them. LOL is all I can say, lol.
new drivers can be trained the fedex way. drivers like us that can actually shift gears don't take much crap. I agree that the cameras can be good. I know a driver here in CHS that got a humanitarian award because of the cameras but we are seeing them being used more in this area against drivers rather than to help the drivers

Just curios, What has the union given these drivers in a contract that Fedex didn’t give them already?
I don’t buy into the “fired for any reason at any time” crap either because you have to be a real screwup to get fired from Fedex and those people need(ed)to be fired, not saved, to linger around and still be a screwup.

If you do your job like your supposed to, you don’t need anyone “represent you”.

Fedex Freight is one of the top paying LTL freight companies. Look at YRC, a laughing stock...ABF is the only decent paying union LTL drivers left and they make about what we do...UPS freight also makes about what we do at least in my area of the USA.

To me they are desperate for paying memebers as they know they are on a sinking ship and their time in the trucking industry is short lived. They will lie to you in a second.
The union is not it used to be, for the workers. It’s now about putting money into their wallets to secure their own retirement. Also I’ve never been in a union and don’t need one, and have never ever been fired from a job in my life. I don’t need to pay someone to “protect my job” because only lazy ****s need their job protected.
Just my opinion is all!

Not to pick on ya, but all of this has been debunked/corrected/clarified already. Rather than waste keystrokes & time, the search feature will provide lots of info on both sides. Educational & entertaining... You should read a few pages of each, then we can debate the finer points.

Keep in mind, it was a much different environment at the time. Things have changed/improved since then, for a reason.

https://www.truckingboards.com/bb/t...on-to-vote-in-a-union-at-fedex-freight.59771/

https://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/listen-to-the-anti-union-guys-please.62690/

https://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/the-pro-union-thread-anti-union-people-stay-out.65414/

https://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/the-anti-union-thread-pro-union-people-stay-out.65415/

Also in one of your earlier post you said if you get fired for a **** poor reason its lawyer time rather than have a union to save you. I will educate you fed ex can fire for any reason being an at will employee. The only thing they can not do is discriminate against you or sexually harrasse you resulting in termination.

Last edited:

Just my opinion is all!
Not every body does there job or does what there supposed to do.Remember,Your a at will employee ,You can get fired and not be given any reason.Thats how it is today

Just my opinion is all!
You might need protection if you call out your super or tm on his laziness or incompetence. Seen it happen to drivers who were not lazy

Some centers just stick bullseyes on the backs of seniors drivers and hope the hostlers will take care of the senior driver problem as they walk to their tractors.

I work for UPS Freight and we have two of your former road driver employees at UPS Freight now. These were guys with 14 to 16 years and was fired over 1 accident in which they did not hit anyone. At Ups freight over the same accidents you will get your job back.
OMG. Every time I come on TB I expect to read some idiotic posts......but this one is really great. I just recently retired from FedEx after 23 years and have never....repeat....never seen any driver fired for ONE accident. I wonder how TB would work if you had to back up your posts with proof. Never mind, guess that would make this boring reading. Sorry, will crawl back in my hole.

OMG. Every time I come on TB I expect to read some idiotic posts......but this one is really great. I just recently retired from FedEx after 23 years and have never....repeat....never seen any driver fired for ONE accident. I wonder how TB would work if you had to back up your posts with proof. Never mind, guess that would make this boring reading. Sorry, will crawl back in my hole.
Is a critical written for your first accident close enough?