XPO | Call in sick and pto

Can't establish a " functional management structure " ( sure don't believe you are a truck driver, city kid ) when they are all quitting and getting fired or forced to retire. They are actively eliminating the very thing you speak of.
At this point in my career I wished I wasn't a truck driver, no fun any longer. Thank you for the compliment ( I think ?)

So it’s going to be a balancing act. You don’t want too much PTO time in case you leave the company, but you need to have some saved up to take a vacation. God forbid you get sick. There goes your vacation time that you paid for a rental/airfare for. Another roll of the dice and possible win for the company.

So it’s going to be a balancing act. You don’t want too much PTO time in case you leave the company, but you need to have some saved up to take a vacation. God forbid you get sick. There goes your vacation time that you paid for a rental/airfare for. Another roll of the dice and possible win for the company.
Correct if you’re sick early in the year and use pto time you may not have enough time to take a scheduled vacation later in the year. It’s going to be ugly in the later part of the year for some.

And don't forget anything carried over from the previous year is STOLEN upon separation...whether you quit, are fired, or retire. Heaven forbid you keep what you've EARNED.
Their banking that people wouldn’t lawyer up to get the pay due them

At this point in my career I wished I wasn't a truck driver, no fun any longer. Thank you for the compliment ( I think ?)

Did you not dabble on the mechanic side (I may be confused)? Have you thought about transitioning to management. Pay sucks, hours long, and ass chewings go deep. Talk to your Manager, you might be a good candidate.

Did you not dabble on the mechanic side (I may be confused)? Have you thought about transitioning to management. Pay sucks, hours long, and ass chewings go deep. Talk to your Manager, you might be a good candidate.
No not me on the mechanical side , you wouldn’t want me working on your truck. I’m the last one they want in management I’m not a brown noser type.

And the lawyer would do what? We chose to stay for the new policy and we can't lose what we had earned under the old policy. There's something about lawyers that a lot of drivers just find magical, I guess.

And the lawyer would do what? We chose to stay for the new policy and we can't lose what we had earned under the old policy. There's something about lawyers that a lot of drivers just find magical, I guess.
Well they are kind of magical is was just about 3 years ago here in chicagoland we were not paid for drug tests till finally some of us drivers got together and got a magical lawyer and guess what its magical they have been paying ever since

Well they are kind of magical is was just about 3 years ago here in chicagoland we were not paid for drug tests till finally some of us drivers got together and got a magical lawyer and guess what its magical they have been paying ever since
It’s been proven multiple times at our barn alone.

Time to buy trip insurance.

Correct if you’re sick early in the year and use pto time you may not have enough time to take a scheduled vacation later in the year. It’s going to be ugly in the later part of the year for some.
Not sure how it works at other barns. You must give back the way you were awarded it. Meaning during the vacation bidding if you were awarded a week and don't have 40hrs you must give back the whole week. It happened twice at my barn and a low on the totem pole driver like me got some prime Turkey day and X-mas holiday time off. That's what happens when you want to run close to zero

Worked at a few places were it was use by Dec 31 or lose it on all vacation personal and sick time. So go get you lawyer don't think you will be winning this one

Worked at a few places were it was use by Dec 31 or lose it on all vacation personal and sick time. So go get you lawyer don't think you will be winning this one

My wife's is use it or lose it by her anniversary date every year. This at least keeps everyone from trying to burn PTO at the same time and during the holidays each year. But still, she holds a couple days as " just in case " that need to be spent that last week. She works under a bargained agreement. So don't anyone start your " a union would stop that " bullshit.