ODFL | Called Back To Work!

snoopy

TB Lurker
Credits
OD has called me back after a year being let go because of slow business. I've been with another carrier and am really glad to be coming back! I'm going in this week to co the paperwork but the TM said the application process has changed and I'm the first he has called back so he didn't know exactly how long the new process would take before I start. My question is to anyone who has recently gone through this is how long is the new re-hire process take? My physical is up to date. Will I take another road test etc. Any information will help as I would offer my current employer a notice if they will accept it and not tell me to leave when I tell them I'm leaving. :clap:

we had one called back 6 weeks ago and it is just like being hired new. paperwork ,roadtest etc.the only difference is you don't go out in the city or road to be trained again.it took our guy about a week and a half to get back in the truck from the time he was called back.

[quote author=dmtorl link=topic=79735.msg826189#msg826189 date=1272740955]
we had one called back 6 weeks ago and it is just like being hired new. paperwork ,roadtest etc.the only difference is you don't go out in the city or road to be trained again.it took our guy about a week and a half to get back in the truck from the time he was called back.
[/quote]Same as here,and thats about as fast as it can happen,BTW Welcome Back its good to have you back on the team!(permanently) :clap:

Back in June when we started call back, it took about 3 weeks. It was because of glitches in computer, instead of paper forms. Glitches should have been fixed a long time ago. Welcome back. Was in IND today. They are putting on drivers per dispatcher's comment. Also, KCY. Per driver who was asked if wanted to transfer.

PAR also said to be hiring,although drivers from there complaining about lack of tractors. I would be suprised if this situation lasted for long OD seems to be pretty good at solving these kinds of problems.Beats having lots of tractors sitting because lack of freight....

DayliteDean, that has been a problem. Hope it does get fixed soon. Driver who was/is transfering to KCY is waiting for equip. Had a breakdown in SAC last month and had to wait for repair to run. SAC didn't have a spare. Their 2 were loaned out. SAC is now a service/repair terminal. Terminals that do repairs/service get short if too many outer terminals have equipment traded out.

I'd guess they're already checking the mileage/utilization records on line('05 or newer)tractors at terminals near the breakbulks if they're being used for P/D or just simply not getting miles put on them,those tractors will probaly be getting called in to the places that need them,seems like that would be the quickest fix..I keep hearing this rumor (like for a month)maybe someone going through KCY can clear this up "KCY has at least 10 or more new Cascadias parked at the shop" again it was rumored(if indeed true at all) "They were waiting for on-board computers to be installed "seems like you could use them then call 'em back in when ready to install.

we have some 97s (5 or 6) and 98s (2 or 3) on the yard here. all you have to do is come and get them :hissy:
you may have to pay for new tags too LOL

Yeah one of our old WSKT units that have been parked for more than a year just got re-tagged and got put back into local service,but I'd be willing to bet there's some newer units out there not being used as intended.

Correct about new tractors against the fence at KCY. Was at HAR last couple months. At least 30 new units been sitting against fence for that time.