R&L | Calling In Sick

Read & understand 392.3. Got to https://www.truckersjusticecenter.com/ and read some of his cases about driving sick or marking off. Better yet, find one of his cases & make copies of the Judges ruling against the trucking company. And pass them out in the break room. Get their attention. Let them KNOW you are taking notes about their actions on being sick. Record your conversations with them. Be prepared. Go on offense. von.
At a non were at will employees , can be let go at anytime for no reason at all

At a non were at will employees , can be let go at anytime for no reason at all
I know what you mean. But, if the company is always looking for an excuse to give you a hard time or fire you, WHY do you want to stay there. Right now way to many companies looking for a driver with a good record. And I bet willing to pay you more than the one you are @ now. The driver is in the cat bird seat, not the company. You agree on a price for your services to a company & you go to work.

Started @ 8:00am this morning just now taking a break had 4 regular business deliveries and 7 residential 2 businesses closed delivered 5 of 7 residential 1 refused 1 not home,nothing on my trailer was essential for survival.100 miles from terminal in about 10 minutes I’ll call in and probably head back.for no freight it was a long day on rural two lane highways.
Aint much sense in callin with the newfangled electronic hoohahs now. Cant remember the last time I made that call. Been years. They can see when yer done. Last delivery comes off... last BOL scanned I sink spur and steer the horse towards the barn

Not completely true. There are things they cant let you go for, at least here in Connecticut.
might be at will but once you pass probation they still have to have a reason. It's not like they have free reign. At this point if they tried it with me I would get a free 39 weeks paid vacation. hmmm. right to work means if you turn something down they can say voluntary quit. right now nobody is hiring so best stay where you are at.

Aint much sense in callin with the newfangled electronic hoohahs now. Cant remember the last time I made that call. Been years. They can see when yer done. Last delivery comes off... last BOL scanned I sink spur and steer the horse towards the barn
always have always will. I don't live to work. I enjoy my home time