FedEx Freight | Calling off due to weather

Our terminal is closed. I volunteered to run Express on Friday. No way. Express still wants us to run for them. My TM told them absolutely not. Blizzard conditions and -7 degrees. I'll stay home.

Our terminal is closed. I volunteered to run Express on Friday. No way. Express still wants us to run for them. My TM told them absolutely not. Blizzard conditions and -7 degrees. I'll stay home.

It's not worth it. The way I see it, with all the shutdowns in the Midwest there will be plenty of work next week. Enjoy the long holiday weekend.

Here they send to GJN if Wyoming I 80 is bad or closed. So you avoid that but get excise chaining up to go over Loveland Pass or 10 miles down off Eisenhower (6% grade) don't take the chains off you stil got Vail pass( not as bad unless your going east). Let's not forget Glenwood Canyon that they do a **** job of clearing snow & ice. Oh my Good Times
I don't chain shut it down

Not sure what you mean by repercussions? Does it count against you ? Maybe maybe not. There is a certain % of your board that has to call off before it doesn’t count as an absence. Otherwise expect that it will.

You think its harder being a road driver?,
Damn right, Riding in AC, air ride comfort, never touch a piece of freight, real road drivers never drop and hook, stop and nap anytime, flirt with the women on CB, entertain the motoring public with your harmonica, and not deal with mad customers, yes driver, it's a hard job, but some of us had to do it.

Damn right, Riding in AC, air ride comfort, never touch a piece of freight, real road drivers never drop and hook, stop and nap anytime, flirt with the women on CB, entertain the motoring public with your harmonica, and not deal with mad customers, yes driver, it's a hard job, but some of us had to do it.
I never even thought about all that!

Not sure what you mean by repercussions? Does it count against you ? Maybe maybe not. There is a certain % of your board that has to call off before it doesn’t count as an absence. Otherwise expect that it will.
I'm NOT buying that. What percentage? Never EVER seen any mention of % calling out having anything to do with it. So we wait for the mob to rule? 1st call out risks corrective action while the last few face nothing? HA! I would challenge that at the 1st opportunity.

Years ago at Maislin running into Canada and all, we were never allowed to call off for weather and even in heavy snow we weren't allowed to stop driving until the snow reached the white line on the trailers! Bunch of candy a**es these days! :lmao: :hilarious: :hide:
(PS - No A/C, no air ride seat either back then)

MaislinSyr.md.jpeg