SAIA | Camera LYTX AI/ Artificial Intelligence and MV Heads up

From ChatGPT

What is the future of camera based AI in truck driving and watching drivers?

Camera-based AI is becoming increasingly important in the trucking industry for both truck driving and driver monitoring. The future of camera-based AI in this industry looks very promising and is expected to continue to grow.

One of the main applications of camera-based AI in truck driving is in the development of autonomous driving technologies. Cameras can be used to provide real-time data about the environment, which can be used to make decisions about steering, braking, and acceleration. This technology has the potential to improve safety, increase efficiency, and reduce costs in the trucking industry.

In addition to autonomous driving, camera-based AI can also be used to monitor drivers. Cameras can be used to detect signs of drowsiness or distraction, and provide alerts to the driver or the fleet manager. This technology has the potential to improve driver safety and reduce accidents on the road.

However, the use of camera-based AI in truck driving and driver monitoring raises important ethical concerns related to privacy and surveillance. It will be important for the industry to establish clear guidelines and standards to ensure that this technology is used in a responsible and ethical manner.

Locomotion is going under by the end of the month. They were cash grabbing 2 weeks ago.

Remember when tusimple and Aurora were the future?

TuSimple: Their IPO last April gave them a valuation of $8.5 B. Today, their market cap is $500 M with a negative enterprise value. In December they announced they were restructuring and laying off 25% of their workforce.

Aurora Innovation: Went public in Summer of '21 with an initial market cap of $13 B. Today, it's $1.7 B. Earlier this month they announced a loss of $1.72 B for their first full year as a public company.

I posted this over a year ago when FedEx started talking about this

"Yep it's now and it's still not happening. They're still taking deposits, planning and testing. This article came out a few months before their American IPO. Coincidence?"

Keep adding tech & removing skill. Then wonder why guys fall asleep. My 5th wheel lock sensor is garbage, let me trust the truck to drive itself. Nice to see you checking in though. Been awhile.
Would this be the same “karla” that I read on here kinda fell from grace a ways back?

Would this be the same “karla” that I read on here kinda fell from grace a ways back?
If is it she's the individual that wanted the cameras to start with. Until the company had to start paying millions of dollars in Hire-on- Bonuses, then she decided to retire when the writing was on the wall.

I hate to say this, but forward facing camera might become the industry standard for all trucks due to the bill board trail lawyers...sad, but true

I hate to say this, but forward facing camera might become the industry standard for all trucks due to the bill board trail lawyers...sad, but true
I've always thought they were coming like it or not!