ODFL | Camera question

nctruckin

TB Lurker
Credits
I have a 225 tractor with a detroit engine in it. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this? Whenever I get close up on someone and get ready to pass, a faint female voice comes from the camera with a very slight 'ding' saying warning: following distance. That's the only new thing I have heard coming the actual camera. Also, how will you know if you need a 'coaching session'? Will you get a message on Cortex, a call from Safety?

I've never heard anything coming from the camera...guess no ghosts in my truck. As far as coaching goes your name will show up on the list and your dispatch will tell you to call the professional coach who knows things better than you. Keep your following distance at 2 seconds or more than 150 ft and you'll never set it off

I have a 225 tractor with a detroit engine in it. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this? Whenever I get close up on someone and get ready to pass, a faint female voice comes from the camera with a very slight 'ding' saying warning: following distance. That's the only new thing I have heard coming the actual camera. Also, how will you know if you need a 'coaching session'? Will you get a message on Cortex, a call from Safety?
I do not work for OD. That said, my company was testing the Samsara ELD system. That had a cam on the windshield independent of the truck cam. Peterbilt. And yes, it would speak to me. Made me think the meds wore of at first!!!

I've never heard anything coming from the camera...guess no ghosts in my truck. As far as coaching goes your name will show up on the list and your dispatch will tell you to call the professional coach who knows things better than you. Keep your following distance at 2 seconds or more than 150 ft and you'll never set it off
lol no ghosts. However, the 'cover' was off the camera in my truck. Yes, there are covers that are hard plastic. Still has the tape over the driver facing cam, but it will beep and let you know about your following distance.