Campers - 5th wheel

Make sure to get a large one about 53 feet, six slide outs and central air. You will need a CB radio to stay in touch with the truck drivers just to feel right at home. Plenty of cash is always a good thing, don't worry about your pension, it will not be big enough to pay for the lot rent in the RV parks. Beside all that, I hope you can live your dream, It will be fun and relaxing. Buy one and don't look back you will be living the good life. :guiness: We have been thinking along the same lines, only with a class A. Full time RV living. Best of luck buddy.

I don't pull mine much cause we live in it. it's a 40 foot. I live in texas so we drug it up to Ohio and back @ 7.98 MPG when we bought it 2 years ago. My truck is 2500HD Gas burner : ( I fought the car islands a couple times then just started droping it in a pull through and fillin up. oh and I'm all outta truck when I'm hooked to that monster.

The wife and I don't own a fifth wheel yet. We are going to start attending the local RV shows soon to scope out what we want to buy used several years down the road. There are many barely used 5th wheels available in the $10-$15,000 range.

Reactions: ESP
The wife and I don't own a fifth wheel yet. We are going to start attending the local RV shows soon to scope out what we want to buy used several years down the road. There are many barely used 5th wheels available in the $10-$15,000 range.
Just remember at the RV shows, there is a Retail price, show price and then the selling price. never be afraid to make an offer and then walk, You can always come back.

Just remember at the RV shows, there is a Retail price, show price and then the selling price. never be afraid to make an offer and then walk, You can always come back.

We don't intend to buy new. We are looking over candidates that we will buy used several years from now. When they become available on the secondary market, we will know the layout of the different models ahead of time. That will save time and gas money by not chasing all over looking at all the wrong ones.

We don't intend to buy new. We are looking over candidates that we will buy used several years from now. When they become available on the secondary market, we will know the layout of the different models ahead of time. That will save time and gas money by not chasing all over looking at all the wrong ones.
If you can remember all that info several years from now.

I agree with Big Dave, make sure you have enough truck to pull it with and definitely go with diesel...I prefer the Powerstroke but that's me. Also agree with buying used, once you drag a new one off the lot it's worth a fraction of what you just paid for it. I've found buying directly from an individual is where you find your best deals (no dealer markups). We attended several shows to get an idea of what was available before we purchased, check your local listings for used campers and you'll find what you're looking for.

Thanks all. Camping with the kids, primarily. Hunting camp maybe too but don't want my buddies to trash it. Haha

I'm not sure what winterizing it means and that may eliminate hunting camp. Really have the itch to get one but I'm thinking next year is more ideal.

This is my trailer. ...
Gx0b5XM.jpg

I bought it at the end of the year. ....saved over 5 grand....bought it in 2013 and it is a 14 trailer. I upgraded from a pop up. It is like 5 star camping now. I don't do campgrounds. .... national forest have a lot of spots to go.

Filling the plumbing with antifreeze.
It's a process I never have to do in SoCal.
A short or long bed pickup can make a difference with a 5th wheel RV. I have a sliding fifth wheel on my shortbed. Long beds can have a fixed one.
Have fun, Stan.
I never had to winterize mine either over here in NC but mine did have the insulated underbelly also.
I prefer the long bed pickup myself mainly because of the other uses I can get out of my truck when not pulling the camper but it is personal preference....great point on the sliding 5th wheel for short beds.