Yellow | can any of us afford a NO vote rite now

gvilla

TB Lurker
Credits
can any of us afford a no vote rite now we've been holding this long and to kill it rite now just does'nt seem right ! lets vote yes and see what happens its still a paycheck and for the brothers that have 6 weeks vacation come on 1 week less is not gonna kill you and for the one on lay off 4 instead of 8 if you get called in most likely youll get more than 4 a no vote means no(work) no (pension) a yes vote means yes(job)yes (pension) talk to your wife and and kids see if they want you at work or the unemployment line better yet ask yourself we cant get hardheaded and not try to keep helping company out in the long run we will be glad we voted yes:hyper:

It looks like he doesn't what to give up well earned rights to what is his.

You must mean the rights that I fought for in late sixtys so you and him could have now. And now that I need his help to keep what little rights I have alive, so I can keep my pension at the rate Im getting ,he is only thinking about himself and close the doors because he doesnt like them.

can any of us afford a no vote rite now we've been holding this long and to kill it rite now just does'nt seem right ! lets vote yes and see what happens its still a paycheck and for the brothers that have 6 weeks vacation come on 1 week less is not gonna kill you and for the one on lay off 4 instead of 8 if you get called in most likely youll get more than 4 a no vote means no(work) no (pension) a yes vote means yes(job)yes (pension) talk to your wife and and kids see if they want you at work or the unemployment line better yet ask yourself we cant get hardheaded and not try to keep helping company out in the long run we will be glad we voted yes:hyper:
If you can't afford to vote no on the contract, first concession, secound concession, you sure can't afford to vote no onthe third concession! when will yoube able to afford a no vote, on the forth, fifth, or sixth concession? With each concession your affordability drops! How low can you go is the million dollar question yrc wants answerd! If you give they will be back for more until you say NO!

A yes vote does not give you your pension. Learn your facts. They say they will contribute at 25% the rate. It has to be accepted by the trustees of each and every pension fund. The trustees may also put the 25% towards what was supposed to go in 18 months ago, so you'll never catch up. This whole agreement stinks from top to bottom. I have a disabled wife and 2 small children. I want this job. I don't want what YRC is selling.

From YRC's or Union's perspective? Because, it isn't from the workers perspective. All this does is benefit the union and the company. It does not benefit anyone driving or working on the dock. Then again, I am probably posting this to a union official or someone that works in management, go figure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a yes man 24yrs, at point on this board hearing close em down, screw fellow TEAMSTERS they have option of LOA but don't have nerve to take it or are laid off. They want us and our families to suffer what we had no say in, enjoy unemployment 26wks when republicans take over. HEY CHICAGO viva obama he really helped the TEAMSTERS!

I'm a yes man 24yrs, at point on this board hearing close em down, screw fellow TEAMSTERS they have option of LOA but don't have nerve to take it or are laid off. They want us and our families to suffer what we had no say in, enjoy unemployment 26wks when republicans take over. HEY CHICAGO viva obama he really helped the TEAMSTERS!
Better get off the computer. The sixth punch call will be going out shortly. Did I hear someone say screw their fellow Teamster?

I didn't come to start trouble, just came to find out what you guys are thinking. I'm a Holland guy and don't really have a clue as to how bad it is with you guys. I know we are hiring locally and nationally (linehaul). Everyday at my terminal they farm 4-6 loads out to brokers because they can't hire fast enough.

I find it almost IMPOSSIBLE to believe that after 2 profitable quarters, that they (the whole of YRC) are on the verge of collapse. Can I afford to vote no? YES, how can I not. Will it be a hard, different future if they are REALLY got out of business, YES! I don't believe they will. 705 and 710 were told 3 times that if they didn't take concessions that they would be closed, downsized, or routed around. They voted No and 2 months later they were hiring drivers.

The work rules changes alone will cost all future opportunities for full time employment. They will almost certainly bring an end to 85 - 95% of overtime. When is the last time you had a 40hr week. It's been years at my terminal. 4 hr "full time" bids???? Road casuals with no boundaries. 12 trips in 60 day for each casual used. Can you say 11 casuals making 11 trips every 60 days. 25% funding will drop us from class 18 to who know where. Which means our pensions are now worth substantially less. There is nothing we can do when they say in may that they can't afford to contribute the 25%. What will we do, strike? Not likely. Most of us are to busy living lifestyle of Dr's and Lawyers to vote to strike.

No Vote

Well i been there 16 years been on Lay-off status for almost 1 and a half years for me to go down to 4 hours a day is a slap in the face my teamster brother, the union and the company should have put a clause in there for workers who are there now that this 4-hour part-time wouldn't pertain to them but to new hires, I am a single father and i barely make my bills now and being bounced around from shift to shift isn't easy like it was 20 years ago, it seems there is no loyalty to the working man from YRC or the Union so it leaves me no choice!!!62 member

Well i been there 16 years been on Lay-off status for almost 1 and a half years for me to go down to 4 hours a day is a slap in the face my teamster brother, the union and the company should have put a clause in there for workers who are there now that this 4-hour part-time wouldn't pertain to them but to new hires, I am a single father and i barely make my bills now and being bounced around from shift to shift isn't easy like it was 20 years ago, it seems there is no loyalty to the working man from YRC or the Union so it leaves me no choice!!!62 member

Couldn't of said that better.

in charlotte 24 years will put you on lay off come the holidays and it will be like that all over if they get this vote . thats the only sure thing now. so vote yourself out of a job with your yes . thank goodness my no will cancel your yes out

From YRC's or Union's perspective? Because, it isn't from the workers perspective. All this does is benefit the union and the company. It does not benefit anyone driving or working on the dock. Then again, I am probably posting this to a union official or someone that works in management, go figure.
not in management proud worker local 104 but we are the union and we are the company we are one so think about it brother

I just have to think the company has to paint this offer as a take it or we are closing deal. Think...they are dealing with the teamsters. We gave them a strike in the 90s over part time workers and we stood our ground! What happened? Who gave? Thats right!
I have a very hard time believing that this company is really really confident that they can give us this piece of "kick us in the balls" contract and be sure we will take it. What if we dont???? THINK...Are all the management going to just turn off the lights on the way out and completely give up??? Hmm? That means no more easy ass jobs for them too... they have country club memberships to pay for too! I just cant believe they dont have plan B locked up in the safe, and ready to send out in the case of a no vote. After all, think again about this... they do NOT have somebody standing there with a promised check only IF we take that EXACT DEAL!!!! That is just the deal they have waited for a chance to force on us for the last 20 years! Also dont forget the timing they demand of the vote being tallied before this last earning report is made public.
I say we let them know we will meet them as far in the middle as we can live with. But we will not be Quickly Threatened into this cockmeat contract they are trying to force down our throats!

I cant mark your ballot for you. I just ask you to think about what you will give away with one quick check of the "YES" box, this is how I want to live from now on.
Good Luck to all my teamster brothers and sisters.

voting yes or no depends at what you have at stake. allot of the laid off people at yrc will vote no. and alot of senior people will vote yes.I would like to See it pass just to see what will happen.my guess is the overtime mongrels will despise the laid off guys that choose to come and work a 4 hour shift. they want your yes vote, but at the same time they will hate you because your cutting into thier overtime. that's all they care about is overtime and they will step over your dead lifeless body to get it.they are unhappy now and they will be even unhappier if it passes and the new rules and concessions go into place.Im not as hateful and selfish as these greedy ot gluten's. I will vote for the people that have more at stake than myself.my opinion is if you don't have more than 20 years in at yrc your in trouble . guys at new penn and Holland will be safe as long as yrc is in business [ their company isnt broken, and is making money}yrc will be cut to ribbons .LTL is shrinking faster every year. yrc is never going to change . way to many managers that don't have a clue.all you guys that have been working 60-70+ hours a week including double time for the last year, do you think those were good financial decisions by management to allow this to happen? do you think it may have contributed to the mess were in?The layoff guys have been questioning this for the last 2 years, all on deaf ears.