TForce | Can anyone confirm

And the slow liquidation continues
It is called elimination of redundancy. After 15 years of ups talk, TFI in 2 years has announced the end of paper delivery receipts. That alone will save millions in waste, not just in paper, ink and storage, but thousands of hours of printing, scanning and filing said delivery receipts.
The only liquidation is the liquidation of waste.

It is called elimination of redundancy. After 15 years of ups talk, TFI in 2 years has announced the end of paper delivery receipts. That alone will save millions in waste, not just in paper, ink and storage, but thousands of hours of printing, scanning and filing said delivery receipts.
The only liquidation is the liquidation of waste.
ABF tried that lasted about a week. Customers want a paper bill for some reason, the options were email or fax them a copy & it was a no go....Hazmat has to be a actual paper bill.

ABF tried that lasted about a week. Customers want a paper bill for some reason, the options were email or fax them a copy & it was a no go....Hazmat has to be a actual paper bill.
I remember ABF went paperless. Do you guys not do that anymore?

And the slow liquidation continues
In one year, just by dumping unprofitable accounts and some of the stupid UPS practices, the company went from an OR of 97.8 to 90.
With the consolidation of terminals and the elimination of paper bills, the OR will drop under 90. This with not even fixing some of the ridiculous operations practices.
Ups never gave a thought about Overtime, because small pack mentality permeated the freight division. I am certain that overtime will be reduced,

Today is the second anniv. of the buy-out.
TFI gained much more control of the operation as of today. If I was a member of the bloated management team, I would be wary.
Terminals with low volume don't need a SCM, or 7 vice-presidents, even RDO's could cover more territory. With Zoom and all the tech available one manager could oversee numerous Terminals.

When did ABF leave Nanuet, I think they were in Spring Valley. But right next door had a buddy there for years?
Abf was in a small terminal right in front off the Roadway terminal in Nanuet. They left in the 90's can't tell you the exact year.

Today is the second anniv. of the buy-out.
TFI gained much more control of the operation as of today. If I was a member of the bloated management team, I would be wary.
Terminals with low volume don't need a SCM, or 7 vice-presidents, even RDO's could cover more territory. With Zoom and all the tech available one manager could oversee numerous Terminals.
I believe you are correct.

TFI doesn’t have a U.S. IRS EIN as it is a Canadian company. This BS rumor that UPS somehow still owns or controls TFI is just that, BS! The only involvement UPS still has is with the agreed upon back office nonsense and handling LTL freight volumes for UPS for at least 5 years per the sale agreement. TFI owns TFI. UPS only wishes it had been smart enough to have a profitable LTL company. UPS failed in the LTL space on a massive scale.

Last edited:
TFI doesn’t have a U.S. IRS EIN as it is a Canadian company. This BS rumor that UPS somehow still owns or controls TFI is just that, BS! The only involvement UPS still has is with the agreed upon back office nonsense and handling LTL freight volumes for UPS for at least 5 years per the sale agreement. TFI owns TFI. UPS only wishes it had been smart enough to have a profitable LTL company. UPS failed in the LTL space on a massive scale.
The fact remains the ein is still the ups freight number.
I know this is the way of the future, but how are damages, shortages, etc. documented?
They are going to require and email or there will be a booklet specifically for osd.

The fact remains the ein is still the ups freight number.

They are going to require and email or there will be a booklet specifically for osd.

Interesting enough that people way smarter than I are asking questions far more advanced in the legal and bussiness realm of things with this deal. I'm just asking the simple question what many tax people are asking, why the different name but same tax id number? Can anyone explain?

Interesting enough that people way smarter than I are asking questions far more advanced in the legal and bussiness realm of things with this deal. I'm just asking the simple question what many tax people are asking, why the different name but same tax id number? Can anyone explain?
I already explained it to you. Foreign companies that operate in the United States do NOT have an EIN. Look at SEC Form 40F. The EIN is NOT APPLICABLE.

It's the same entity with different owner and dba.