TForce | Can anyone confirm

Interesting enough that people way smarter than I are asking questions far more advanced in the legal and bussiness realm of things with this deal. I'm just asking the simple question what many tax people are asking, why the different name but same tax id number? Can anyone explain?

7C3B526D-5583-4073-A6B7-4E62DD83C732.md.jpeg

I’m guessing because in order to be compliant or the fact that the software won’t process the W2’s without an EIN they just put one in there. I’m all ears if you can find definitive proof that UPS still owns TFI Freight. But based on the sale and SEC filings I believe TForce Freight is solely owned by TFI. Not to mention that UPS has an agreement to handle back office hr for up to 5 years following the completion of the sale.

I’m more curious about the supposed rollout of the new IT system. That was supposed to have been implemented in January. It’s March and still nothing? I wonder how Bedard will handle that on the next earnings call?

I like the way Bedard thinks. Personally I hope the strategic cost cutting continues. Getting TForce Freight to an OR below 80 would be ideal. Bedard is doing everything UPS should have done .

Last edited:
Interesting enough that people way smarter than I are asking questions far more advanced in the legal and bussiness realm of things with this deal. I'm just asking the simple question what many tax people are asking, why the different name but same tax id number? Can anyone explain?

7C3B526D-5583-4073-A6B7-4E62DD83C732.md.jpeg
Ok got ya, so why the need to place an EIN that has no bearing on thousands of w-2s?
I’m guessing that since they BOUGHT UPS Freight the EIN number would stay the same but you would just file a NAME CHANGE. Why would you have to get a new EIN when you purchased an EXISTING company? That makes no sense. People are just looking for a reason to say that TForce Freight is still owned by UPS. It isn’t!

No most costumer won't take the freight without bills
Not true I haven't had one customer say they wouldn't accept freight without a dr.....like I said we had a few that request them and the clerk puts it in the computer and for those customers it automatically prints a dr with a manifest....

Not true I haven't had one customer say they wouldn't accept freight without a dr.....like I said we had a few that request them and the clerk puts it in the computer and for those customers it automatically prints a dr with a manifest....
Now that you put it that way I understand.
With this new-fangled tech crap we have today, I can see if you have a phone or an e-mail you can get a copy almost instant. My bank does it on some transactions. Only takes a few seconds...

Now that you put it that way I understand.
With this new-fangled tech crap we have today, I can see if you have a phone or an e-mail you can get a copy almost instant. My bank does it on some transactions. Only takes a few seconds...
That’s true. So you can…..ummmm….”print” it out later…….ahhhh technology…. :17142:

It is called elimination of redundancy. After 15 years of ups talk, TFI in 2 years has announced the end of paper delivery receipts. That alone will save millions in waste, not just in paper, ink and storage, but thousands of hours of printing, scanning and filing said delivery receipts.
The only liquidation is the liquidation of waste.
They will just replace with more dok,10 point bullsit, and stupid tests. They will get the paper. Plus if no paper bills, then no billers, scanners, or clerks in general.

They will just replace with more dok,10 point bullsit, and stupid tests. They will get the paper. Plus if no paper bills, then no billers, scanners, or clerks in general.
This tfi corporation is concerned with one thing, operation ratio. If it isn't necessary or legally required, it is going away.
All corporate credit cards were taken away from management.
All orders are now made through one vendor.
If a job was just moving a stack of paper from a box to a printer then into a file, then that job is no longer going to exist, but most of the clerk positions do a lot more than just move paper. They set appointments, do customer service(Which is a Herculaneum task) located shipments, and do all the computer work(which will replace the paper work). The clerks are the link pin in the office for all problems that occur in the street. Finding city driver correct addresses, phone numbers, contract information. There will still be paperwork on pickups.

In one year, just by dumping unprofitable accounts and some of the stupid UPS practices, the company went from an OR of 97.8 to 90.
With the consolidation of terminals and the elimination of paper bills, the OR will drop under 90. This with not even fixing some of the ridiculous operations practices.
Ups never gave a thought about Overtime, because small pack mentality permeated the freight division. I am certain that overtime will be reduced,
We were always told it was cheaper to pay us overtime than hire more drivers.

This tfi corporation is concerned with one thing, operation ratio. If it isn't necessary or legally required, it is going away.
All corporate credit cards were taken away from management.
All orders are now made through one vendor.
If a job was just moving a stack of paper from a box to a printer then into a file, then that job is no longer going to exist, but most of the clerk positions do a lot more than just move paper. They set appointments, do customer service(Which is a Herculaneum task) located shipments, and do all the computer work(which will replace the paper work). The clerks are the link pin in the office for all problems that occur in the street. Finding city driver correct addresses, phone numbers, contract information. There will still be paperwork on pickups.
About time management was held to a higher standard of actual "time doing the job".
It made me crazy when I would have to defend a write-up for "stealing time", or "too long at a stop". I could see in the office 3 people in a supervisor's position, one watching hunting videos on his phone, one wandering the dock like Moses in the desert, and the other one yakking on his phone all day.
When you push 6 or 7 drivers for every minute and watch 4 people do nothing it made for hard feelings.
They ARE required to provide safe and compliant equipment and legally loaded trailers, and that seems to be seriously lacking....