Averitt | "can of worms?" should AE start new people topped out?

Your opinion doesn't mean anything to me,,I know lots of people that disagree with you..
Contrare, Shuttle is bar nun the graviest, easiest money at Averitt. I'm amazed that I can 1358.00 a week, sitting in a super comfty truck and never touching a piece of freight, no one standing over my shoulder, constant Ipod entertainment, good phone chats with friends, yes very, very easy money. Redvolvo, if you expect and long for that kind of pay and vacation, you must apply elsewhere, it ain't gonna happen here. That's the blunt fact, there are so many higher paying companies out there for you to constantly let this mess with your mind. So many guys like yourself have had enough and bailed and found extreme happiness at other companies, sometimes the grass is greener. Alot of places start at more than we make, so what have you got to lose? We spend too many hours behind the wheel at Averitt to be miserable, it's not fair to you and your family.

I personally have NEVER heard anyone say that Shuttle is hard, that is amazing to me. I guess everyone has their degrees of difficulty. Steering a truck on the interstate from terminal to terminal seems awful easy to me, but I've only been on Shuttle for 15 years.

I agree with Iceman. Shuttle is the best job at Averitt. I feel like he is downplaying the fact that 20 years of shuttle Experience makes the job come easy to him, and that level of expertise entitles him to expect to be paid close to the same as drivers at other carriers.

From what I hear that drivers in both CHI and NIL get a paid lunch hour so as to hopefully keep out union activity in a union town. There's your fairness.
As many of you know I run a Knx-NIL schedule, I spoke with two different city drivers last night and they both agreed that they are paid the same a every other terminal and they too either take a 30 minute break or lose it.

Ice is RIGHT...LTL shuttle (DayCab) is the Best and Easiest,then comes SleeperShuttle. Alot lot of these people worked their way up ladder,then again there are those that hired straight in to the job when Avrt opened a new sercter. A great number of these drivers have no IDEA what it is like in T/L or Supply Chain,but have no issue with running thier mouths about us. I suggest that they get on their knees and thank GOD they are in the position they are in,as they probally would'nt survive very long in the other driving positions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I run shuttle and agree.... it is easy. Will you get rich? Oh hell no but I sleep in my bed every day and have every Saturday and Sunday night off. The hardest, most stressful part of my night occurs before I pull out the gate. Once I do, piece of cake. New comfy truck helps.