Can we ever stop this crap...??????

pro1driver

I don't wanna go fishing, even though i got stuff
Credits
Yesterday, (Saturday March 1st), I got home from work at 6 AM.
After doing a few things at the house, I had to go out and get my errands done and go to 2 different appointments.

Ok, that is the "set up"

Now, I usually go to Lowe's very early in the morning when they open up at 6:30 AM, but I just couldn't till i got my things done.

So as I enter the parking lot, I can clearly see at the enter and exit doors of the store, there were tables set up....

Tables for Girl Scouts, and probably their cookies...

Why do any of these stores even allow such a fleecing of us either before or after we exit the stores..??
I think the Girl scouts, or ANY organization ought to be ON THE STREET CORNERS, like ANY OTHER panhandlers.....hookers, bums and the homeless........>!!!

When we enter they want our money, but we NEED our money to buy the things we go to the stores for..

When we exit, many times we have NO money left over...!!

and they still want that...??

summana biotches..>>!!!!

here has been my "regular M.O." response(s) to their panhandling techniques....

"Excuse me sir, would you like to gi....."

"NO.....>!!!!"

"Good morning sir, we are........."

"NO......."..>!!!!

"Yo-yo-yo,( a dance troupe from the hood) we're raising money for our......"

"NO...."....!!!

would you believe that I have had more than one mother sarcastically say to me....

"Thank you, have a nice day"......

damn summana biotches.......

83840801el1_zps4ee439a5.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

how do you people handle such strong arm tactics from any and all of these leeches in our society..???

never be fooled by Girl Scouts.....

summa them will rip your arm out and club you to death with it.....

LOL, personally and especially during holiday times when i walk in to a store i have the "Blinders" on. I dont give my money to Panhandelers. That term might be extreme but you NEVER REALLY
know where your money is going.

LOL, personally and especially during holiday times when i walk in to a store i have the "Blinders" on. I dont give my money to Panhandelers. That term might be extreme but you NEVER REALLY
know where your money is going.

I agree

Some of those people standing on street corners with a sign can make more than we do working for a living???

That's messed up!:LMAO::couch:

one morning, as I entered the local "Stop & Shop" grocery chain store in my part of the country, there was a "homeless guy" looking for a hand out....

i told the store assistant manager that i just did not like seeing that at the door...

the manager did say to me that he chased the guy away just the prior day.

he went out again after i had told him and chased the guy away again.

i think the cops being called in would be fruitless, as all they can do is "chase him away" as well..

but even times when the local high school band, and the cheerleaders are at the entrance/exit doors, this is still disturbing to me as well..

why i must ask, is there a NEED for any charity, school, organization to "plant themselves" in our way in or out of the local stores...???

i nary feel any guilt when i say....NO.....

i have never felt any guilt when i am really pissed of and say..."NO dammit, leave me alone"

i feel violated, molested and harassed when i am on my errands and have to be "bombarded" by ANY charity, or other civic minded people asking for money..

just this morning also in fact, as i was being "cashed out" at the cash register,( at the Lowe's store), i was asked if i wanted to "donate" one dollar towards some charity...

i gleefully said.....NO....

why must the stores we go to try to "leech" some extra money from us as well....?????

But beware the Girl Scouts....

just last summer, a group of 'em entered a well known "Mafi-osa" place in my city, i actually saw them....

they were each wearing long over-coats, but thru the slits, i could see "Girl Scout green" skirts.....

when they came out, each one had a "bundle" under thier arms....and cigs in their mouths....

thugs i say...thugs......

just this morning also in fact, as i was being "cashed out" at the cash register,( at the Lowe's store), i was asked if i wanted to "donate" one dollar towards some charity...

i gleefully said.....NO....

why must the stores we go to try to "leech" some extra money from us as well....?????

If these stores want to be part of the donation process, the cashier should have said to you, thank you for shopping with us today, (WE) are going to donate a $1 to said organization for every sale.

If they want to donate to the presidents fund or whatever, that's fine, don't ask me to, if I wanted to donate, I would have specified, I would like to donate???

Cool thread. .....it just proves that I am getting to be an old fart that wants to be left alone. .... and there's other's like me

just so you all know the "evilness and thuggery" of the Girl Scouts, here are some pics of the little biotches applying their evil ways to fleece us of our money as we either enter or exit our local stores...

here is the "innocent look" they give us as we enter.....

Girl_Scout_Friends.jpg

here is the down right "dirty tactic" they use on us many times.....

cookiegirls7.jpeg

here is the look and attitude they give us when we refuse to donate......

img_0744pep-225x300.jpg

and here is what happens when we try to walk away.....

she gets the "evil eye" set upon you and smiles as she tells you to "off yourself"......

DSC04265.JPG

this cat is now dead.....he died quickly after he refused to buy cookies.....

RIP poor kitty.....

i didn't know you, but i felt your pain......

46127236.jpg

It might sound different in different parts of the country. I always say "no, thank you". Not just no. And I say it in a polite tone. That usually works 98% of the time. But like Pro said, some of dem parents can take a surly tone and that's when I turn to them and give em "stink eye".
Only one time did I have to confront a parent and tell them what a bad parent they are to their face but without yelling or swearing cuz the kids were there.
Oh. Of course as I was standing there, other people were looking at me like I was the bad guy getting in the this mom's face. .....

Out around here we got em standing at every busy intersection every Saturday morning. They got their cans, boxes, boots, whatever. Most of the time you got no idea what they're collecting for. Get out of my way, I got places to be!

Out around here we got em standing at every busy intersection every Saturday morning. They got their cans, boxes, boots, whatever. Most of the time you got no idea what they're collecting for. Get out of my way, I got places to be!

this is what "busy" intersections are for...

them being "so busy"......we ain't got the time to stop, so we "wizz" by them..>!!!

and if "by accident"....one or two (or more) get run over.......oh well.....2 points to the driver...>!!!

I wasn't going to post any comment, but changed my mind...here goes.
I'm in the minority, I always give to legitimate organizations...ie, Scouts, ST. Judes Children's Hospital, Veterans Groups, Cancer, Diabetes, Downs Syndrone and Law Enforcement,...etc. Not to Panhandler's who can work, but choose not to !

I'm in the minority, I always give to legitimate organizations...ie, Scouts, ST. Judes Children's Hospital, Veterans Groups, Cancer, Diabetes, Downs Syndrone and Law Enforcement,...etc. Not to Panhandler's who can work, but choose not to !

you can never be 1000% certain that ALL of your donated monies go to where it is SUPPOSED to go....

i do not suspect that St. Jude's does anything wrong, nor would perhaps some of the others YOU mentioned, but out of the (say) the $1.00 you donate, how much of that dollar goes TO those who need it as opposed to how much of that dollar goes to the members of the board, or to the "general expenditure fund"..???

this thread i started, was to yank some chains regarding the Girl Scouts, and thier annual cookie sales drive....does anyone know the EXACT dollar amount the Girl Scouts get for every package of cookies they sell...

this from a 2010 article......when the cookies were cheaper.....

For each box sold, 85 cents per box goes to the baker to cover production, packaging, shipping of the cookies to the troop, and other incidental costs. Out of the remaining $2.65, 50 to 57 cents goes to the selling troop, which will use the funds to cover the cost of programming, community service projects and scholarships, and to offset the cost of participating in Girl Scouts.

Girl Scout cookies by the numbers: Just where do all those dollars go? - DailyFinance

so, they "get" a lousy 57¢...>???? that still LEAVES a balance of $2.08...??

where does THAT money go.....????????....HHMMMmmmmmm.....

seems to me, mom's and some dads, who actually do more selling than the girls ought to demand MORE monies for the troops....and the baker, ought to "donate' the costs for the better of the community.

there was a movie many years ago, i think it was one of those "Airplane" movies, that had a couple of Girl Scouts "duking it out", at a bar.....

i think it's the movie with Robert Hayes and Julie Haggerty....

so my thread was in jest, as i "see" the Girl Scouts as a bunch of thugs......

any other "charity", or organization, or homeless person, who to me, are panhandlers and at times..DEMAND our money, was once brought up here months ago....

personally, i really do like the Girl Scout cookies, the carmel ones, and some of the others in fact, but for what i "used" to pay for, and got so little in the package, and for the fact that the girls DO NOT GET MORE money for the sales, made me give up buying the cookies, years and years ago.

so any parent, aunt, uncle, brother, sister, grand parent, that has someone in the family as a Girl Scout, take this thread as a joke thread, nothing more, nothing less....

and remember......

these girls resort to this........

cookiegirls7.jpeg

but do this.....when you say....NO.......!!!!

they burn you to death, with those death ray eyes...!!

DSC04265.JPG

pro1driver: you make all valid points, there are many "BOGUS" charities, no contest. I was a Scout in the 60's. We used to go house to house (we lived in a city) and sell light bulbs and greeting cards and such periodically. I remember the disappointment I had when the homeowner would say "No Thanks", I took it personally. I just can't say no to the Scouts, I believe in the principles they instill in America's young people, and I also like the cookies. I agree, the Bakeries should participate at a nominal cost structure. Hey, .57 cents is better than nothing,...plus the look on their faces of gratification of making a sale. PRICELESS !

I do donate to charities ... but it is to the ones I want to donate to. I don't like to be harassed when I am shopping. If the store okays this practice even after I complain ...I don't usually... then I will go to a different store... it is my choice.

There are better ways of getting donations which I approve of .... car washes is one of them. Girls in swimsuits:19: usually get better results from me than begging in front of the store.

Not trying to be a (perverted) stingy old fart:6817:... just want to be left alone from the beggars....

you can never be 1000% certain that ALL of your donated monies go to where it is SUPPOSED to go....

i do not suspect that St. Jude's does anything wrong, nor would perhaps some of the others YOU mentioned, but out of the (say) the $1.00 you donate, how much of that dollar goes TO those who need it as opposed to how much of that dollar goes to the members of the board, or to the "general expenditure fund"..???

Therein lies the problem.....I think that more people would be willing to make an incidental donation if there were certainty that those funds were being used legitimately....To be real, a person must understand, that there is a cost to operating a charity and obviously some of the money collected is going to be used to offset those costs...but that should be a relatively small amount of the total....in my opinion....The problem is that when some of these so called "charities" make the news regarding how they take most of the money and a tiny amount actually gets to those that need it......That is what makes most people turn a cold heart to any charity...and understandably so.....

this thread i started, was to yank some chains regarding the Girl Scouts, and thier annual cookie sales drive....does anyone know the EXACT dollar amount the Girl Scouts get for every package of cookies they sell...

this from a 2010 article......when the cookies were cheaper.....

For each box sold, 85 cents per box goes to the baker to cover production, packaging, shipping of the cookies to the troop, and other incidental costs. Out of the remaining $2.65, 50 to 57 cents goes to the selling troop, which will use the funds to cover the cost of programming, community service projects and scholarships, and to offset the cost of participating in Girl Scouts.

so, they "get" a lousy 57¢...>????

Interesting article.....

seems to me, mom's and some dads, who actually do more selling than the girls ought to demand MORE monies for the troops....and the baker, ought to "donate' the costs for the better of the community.

I agree...if the Girl scouts are such a valued organization.....the Baker should be willing to Donate to the cause as you suggest...Great P.R. for the Company..
Personally I have always had a problem with Parents that do all the selling for the kids......to my way of thinking that does not teach the kids any actual values....such as if you want to be the top seller, for example, you have to work at it on your own....I have no problem with parents that coach their kids in ways to sell....developing their sales abilities....that is a skill that can be quite valuable.....This is not just a Girl Scout issue either....

We have Corporate sponsored Charities..where the Company Managers and Supervisors solicit for the Charity.....often offering direct withdrawal from your paycheck......I know some that feel obligated to "donate" under those circumstances...and that is wrong.....I never agree to "give" under those conditions...Who do you see getting the recognition and award for supporting the cause?? Yes the CEO or some other High Management person.....

When we have people that are homeless for reasons beyond their control or people that are in other desperate situations, I have no issues with giving that individual some small amount of money that I may have in my pocket....it is truly hard to know at times if a person is "legitimate" or not..but that is a call that I make based on the situation at that moment....But I never say that I will never give to a person that I believe is in need, if I the ability to do so at the time........but you should be careful.....It's sad that there are many that will take advantage of others kindness.... but that is an issue that is between them and God....

When I was in Boy Scouts we went door to door with Amway, ammonia, and candy to raise our money. I was stood outside (yep, by my father) a bank once selling the candy and did pretty well. Back then I wouldn't knock on a door before 9AM and if a woman wasn't dressed yet she hid behind the door and said, "Come back later and I will buy", and she did. Today they go to the store in such clothing. The problem with Girl Scouts is that their drive is a national thing and they show up everywhere at the same time. One can't possibly contribute each and every time. I am fighting the battle of the bulge and I am more inclined to just donate a couple of dollars and say, "Keep the cookies". I do not appreciate the pressure applied by so many at the same time as the GS does.

I have a confession to make.
My daughter is a Brownie this year. Yes, we are selling cookies. Yes, my wife is selling to coworkers. My company forbids selling stuff on company property. We sold quite a lot to family and friends. My wife did sell more than my daughter, but she went around to the neighbors selling some too. She also worked the grocery store. I told her to be very polite and ask nicely if people would like to buy some cookies. I told her NOT to get angry or rude if someone didn't want to buy some. The girls did great and the parents there just helped with setting up and handing the boxes out and helping the girls collect money and make change.

Now some moms can be cookie (⊙▃⊙)s. A girl from our troop was in a neighborhood selling when this mom for another troop pulled up in her car and yelled at them that she had "dibs " on this neighborhood with an extremely surly tone.
Glad I wasn't there......

BTW you can pm me, Pro, if you want to buy some cookies :p

You know Backpacker, no one twists your arm when you come and go where the Cookie Buzzards are lurking.

Just dig down deep, muster all that you can, smile and politely say, "No, thank you. Just had a bar of soap."

Go ahead, its easy.

And we won't tell anyone. It'll be our little secret. You'll still be our curmudgeon.

Honest!