Can we ever stop this crap...??????

Well it beats them panhandling. In my daughters troop the cookie sales paid for all that stuff. I volunteered only a handful of times while she did girlscouts and it was never much of a bother. I guess it depends on who runs the troop.

Sent from my drone magnet

pro1driver: you make all valid points, there are many "BOGUS" charities, no contest. I was a Scout in the 60's. We used to go house to house (we lived in a city) and sell light bulbs and greeting cards and such periodically. I remember the disappointment I had when the homeowner would say "No Thanks", I took it personally. I just can't say no to the Scouts, I believe in the principles they instill in America's young people, and I also like the cookies. I agree, the Bakeries should participate at a nominal cost structure. Hey, .57 cents is better than nothing,...plus the look on their faces of gratification of making a sale. PRICELESS !

I tip more than I need to, I give money to panhadlers, I have even feed the homeless on the streets. I have also been told by the city not to feed the homeless and had to bus them to a Church to feed them and had the congregation would pretty much tell these homeless they were unwanted there also. If I give a gift to a man on the corner in a wheelchair holding a sign "Vietnam Veteran....any help will be appreciated" and the man goes and buys a bottle to comfort himself. What is that to me? I give with good intentions and a pure heart. At least the panhandler has enough ambition to get out and at least ask. That is far better than the Government who just takes from us without having to make a case for taking it.

Once, when I was parking my trailer at Vandervoorts dairy in Fort Worth Texas, a young man who was soaked to the bone because it was pouring rain asked me if I could spare $5 because he had $2.50 and if he had a five he could go to the bunk house mens dorm and get a bed and a shower. I gave him $10. As a musician, I used to play music when the Boozefighters MC did a fundraiser to help a needy family who's home had burned to the ground.

We could all be a little kinder to one another. Those who sell cookies and hold signs give me hope for humanity. It lets me know that there may yet be some kindness left in the world and that I can be a part of it if I care to. When I see a Shriner collecting for burned and crippled children? I give. How could I not? This old world is only going to be a good as we make it. What am I gonna do line my coffin with dollar bills? If I give a gift, it is theirs to do with it what they please.

But, I am a grandfather of 9. Age has a way of making a man softer or harder as time takes him through this life. I am getting to be one of those soft hearted men that has become a conduit and a blessing to others and wouldn't have it any other way. I realize every day is a gift and I can either bless or curse those who share this world with me.

But, I am a grandfather of 9. Age has a way of making a man softer or harder as time takes him through this life. I am getting to be one of those soft hearted men that has become a conduit and a blessing to others and wouldn't have it any other way. I realize every day is a gift and I can either bless or curse those who share this world with me.

i have a softer heart as well.(in my senior years)

i say......NO.....softly...but if they persist....then i yell at 'em like they deserve.....this let's 'em know that i can still roar like a lion.

" If I give a gift to a man on the corner in a wheelchair holding a sign "Vietnam Veteran....any help will be appreciated" and the man goes and buys a bottle to comfort himself. What is that important to me?"

if you wanna "donate" to a guy that then goes and buy a bottle of booze, then you are an "enabler" to his demise. take him to a burger place instead, and BUY him a meal.....then you might feel better in knowing you didn't contribute to his liver problems, and certain death.

I tip more than I need to, I give money to panhadlers, I have even feed the homeless on the streets. I have also been told by the city not to feed the homeless and had to bus them to a Church to feed them and had the congregation would pretty much tell these homeless they were unwanted there also. If I give a gift to a man on the corner in a wheelchair holding a sign "Vietnam Veteran....any help will be appreciated" and the man goes and buys a bottle to comfort himself. What is that to me? I give with good intentions and a pure heart. At least the panhandler has enough ambition to get out and at least ask. That is far better than the Government who just takes from us without having to make a case for taking it.

Once, when I was parking my trailer at Vandervoorts dairy in Fort Worth Texas, a young man who was soaked to the bone because it was pouring rain asked me if I could spare $5 because he had $2.50 and if he had a five he could go to the bunk house mens dorm and get a bed and a shower. I gave him $10. As a musician, I used to play music when the Boozefighters MC did a fundraiser to help a needy family who's home had burned to the ground.

We could all be a little kinder to one another. Those who sell cookies and hold signs give me hope for humanity. It lets me know that there may yet be some kindness left in the world and that I can be a part of it if I care to. When I see a Shriner collecting for burned and crippled children? I give. How could I not? This old world is only going to be a good as we make it. What am I gonna do line my coffin with dollar bills? If I give a gift, it is theirs to do with it what they please.

I do not have a problem giving money to people that are in need... your right it does feel good to help someone out that is in need.

The reason I even posted in this thread is something that Pro said in his original post (1).....
So as I enter the parking lot, I can clearly see at the enter and exit doors of the store, there were tables set up....

Tables for Girl Scouts, and probably their cookies...

Why do any of these stores even allow such a fleecing of us either before or after we exit the stores..??

My point is that When I go to a store to shop there is a reason to go to that particular store to shop...it is not to be harassed at the door for donations or handouts.
If I wanted cookies which my wife does buy from her friends.... I or we go and buy them.

Same thing is true with the people that come to my house trying to sell me on their religion... my take is on that is if I wanted religion ...I would go to church and get it ..But instead they jam literature in my door as I close it... I would gather it up and carry it to their car and tell them to not leave their garbage at my doorstep..... This when a good barking dog is great.

Bottom line is Stimpy is a giving person... but to the people that I see fit to receive it...:bat:

Well if the worst inconvenience in your day is a bunch of little girls asking you to buy cookies I would say you have it made, and don't even know it.

its not my worst inconvenience I was just replying off the first post.....some people just get upset if you have your own ways or opinions....there's no need to beat a dead horse in the ground here

well if that's the way you want to play how come you're not sticking up for the Jehovah Witnesses that come to my house.....lol

Because I just greet them with my shotgun...never had a problem with them again. LOL.

this is a true story ....I had johova witness is showed up one time and I answered the door in my bvd's....man that had to be an image is she wanted to get out of her mind

I don't need cookies with me having an expanded waistline. I have given money & told them to keep the cookies. The last time I was approached I asked the young lady what her favorite cookie was. She said Samoas (I actually forget but those are my favorites lol), I said well get a box of those cookies. She went to give them to me I said no, you enjoy them & handed her the money for them. The look on her face, you'd have thought I gave her a $100 bill lol.

well if that's the way you want to play how come you're not sticking up for the Jehovah Witnesses that come to my house.....lol
Hence- not just you but the whole theme of my 'There's a lot of grouches on here'....

I have no problem with them. I ask them Bible questions and then give my answers. For instance- one gave me one of their books on their theory of Revelation that says Jesus returned and began His Millinial Reign in 1918!?! So I said 'so there has been no Sin or Death since 1918? And everyone on earth has recognized that since 1918?' Then we zero in on their Bible versus the King James version. Theirs changes John to say 'Jesus was A God- King James's says Jesus WAS God.... there's some difference in Isiah too- can't remember where?

:LMAO: I'll talk to telephone poles if they don't run away. Normally, after I start- the Jehovah's Witnesses are looking to get away from ME, and not Vice-Versa! :biglaugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday, (Saturday March 1st), I got home from work at 6 AM.
After doing a few things at the house, I had to go out and get my errands done and go to 2 different appointments.

Ok, that is the "set up"

Now, I usually go to Lowe's very early in the morning when they open up at 6:30 AM, but I just couldn't till i got my things done.

So as I enter the parking lot, I can clearly see at the enter and exit doors of the store, there were tables set up....

Tables for Girl Scouts, and probably their cookies...

Why do any of these stores even allow such a fleecing of us either before or after we exit the stores..??
I think the Girl scouts, or ANY organization ought to be ON THE STREET CORNERS, like ANY OTHER panhandlers.....hookers, bums and the homeless........>!!!

When we enter they want our money, but we NEED our money to buy the things we go to the stores for..

When we exit, many times we have NO money left over...!!

and they still want that...??

summana biotches..>>!!!!

here has been my "regular M.O." response(s) to their panhandling techniques....

"Excuse me sir, would you like to gi....."

"NO.....>!!!!"

"Good morning sir, we are........."

"NO......."..>!!!!

"Yo-yo-yo,( a dance troupe from the hood) we're raising money for our......"

"NO...."....!!!

would you believe that I have had more than one mother sarcastically say to me....

"Thank you, have a nice day"......

damn summana biotches.......

83840801el1_zps4ee439a5.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

how do you people handle such strong arm tactics from any and all of these leeches in our society..???

never be fooled by Girl Scouts.....

summa them will rip your arm out and club you to death with it.....
first- I figured you were tongue in cheek....

Second- it's an interesting philosophical dichotomy. Is it our right to be left alone (in public- on a private store property)? Or is it in the Store's interest to allow them there as a public service. More than likely, the store also received a tax abatement to build there? They deal with what they believe is in the best interest of the community. Don't like it? Find a different store- or change your hours...

One way to avoid such is to shop on a weekday morning. I had a run where I left Sat, got home Wed- shopped Thurs. Had the stores to myself. Or shop at 3am. Girl Scouts won't bother you then....

Hence- not just you but the whole theme of my 'There's a lot of grouches on here'....

I have no problem with them. I ask them Bible questions and then give my answers. For instance- one gave me one of their books on their theory of Revelation that says Jesus returned and began His Millinial Reign in 1918!?! So I said 'so there has been no Sin or Death since 1918? And everyone on earth has recognized that since 1918?' Then we zero in on their Bible versus the King James version. Theirs changes John to say 'Jesus was A God- King James's says Jesus WAS God.... there's some difference in Isiah too- can't remember where?

:LMAO: I'll talk to telephone poles if they don't run away. Normally, after I start- the Jehovah's Witnesses are looking to get away from ME, and not Vice-Versa! :Biglaugh:

Honestly, I am typically courteous to them when they did come around, except when they start talking to my kids over the fence and trying to catch and harangue my kiddos on the street without me present, I found it a sleazy and underhanded tactic. That's when I got upset and made it clear that under no certain terms were they allowed near my property or my kids again and I had no problem resolving my issue without law enforcement.

Certainly I disagree with their beliefs but I admire their commitment. Takes guts and commitment to keep knocking on stranger's doors and getting told off (or worse)...