FedEx Freight | Canadian Balls...

Obviously the outlets have mentioned what’s going on, but it’s also obvious that it is not something they support based on this lack of coverage. A lack of interest from mainstream and the inability to support the cause at a large level due to social media censorship has resulted in a lack of interest on platforms similar to this. Another great example of how the agenda of a few distorts accessibility of information and discussion.

Obviously the outlets have mentioned what’s going on, but it’s also obvious that it is not something they support based on this lack of coverage.
If you're looking for media to "support" causes you're interested in, you're not looking for news -- you're looking for propaganda. The Canadian protest has received coverage similar to protests in Europe received last year. Being that they're not happening in America, it stands to reason most American news outlets won't make it their top story. That's how editorial decision-making works. Most of the time, you lead with stories that are local to your audience. A nationwide American newscast will probably lead with a story affecting American listeners directly. Lately, that story is Russia amassing troops on the Ukraine border and talks US leaders are holding with European powers to coordinate a response to any possible invasion -- because that response involves our troops and economy, as well as decisions made by our elected government. We don't vote in Canadian elections, so a protest of Canadians against the Canadian government isn't the top story here. It's not some conspiracy against you or your interests.

Says I need better media to consume.

References NPR.
If your criticism of my recommendation is to say the only legitimate news comes from places like OANN and Zerohedge, there's no reason to continue responding. What are your preferred sources in the media? Who do you find believable?

@longhaullounger you are correct on coverage being related to national interest etc. but the exact reason why you concern yourself with a country applying diplomatic pressure to a historical enclave isn’t due to anything more than the mainstream news focus on this during a time when interest in Covid and Americans faith in Biden is dying. Another great example of intentionally directing focus by media outlets. Quick, forget Covid and focus on 35 million slavs in Eastern Europe playing games with their historical brothers. What we are seeing in Canada is a look into how people truly feel about governments overstepping due to Covid. That’s why those that have been throating you with Covid fears won’t cover it.

@longhaullounger you are correct on coverage being related to national interest etc. but the exact reason why you concern yourself with a country applying diplomatic pressure to a historical enclave isn’t due to anything more than the mainstream news focus on this during a time when interest in Covid and Americans faith in Biden is dying. Another great example of intentionally directing focus by media outlets. Quick, forget Covid and focus on 35 million slavs in Eastern Europe playing games with their historical brothers. What we are seeing in Canada is a look into how people truly feel about governments overstepping due to Covid. That’s why those that have been throating you with Covid fears won’t cover it.
There it is, it's a conspiracy! :hilarious:

Ask yourself this: If there was so much interest in the Canadian story among American audiences, don't you think it would be getting more time on the news here? If you're an editor and you think a story "has legs" to bring you more audience share for days, weeks, months, wouldn't you cover that story? Of course you would.

American news is still operating within the confines of capitalism. They cover what brings in an audience. But if you prefer to live in an alternative-facts world where news organizations collude with each other to keep your favored topics off the screen or page, fine.

Ask yourself this: If there was so much interest in the Canadian story among American audiences, don't you think it would be getting more time on the news here? If you're an editor and you think a story "has legs" to bring you more audience share for days, weeks, months, wouldn't you cover that story? Of course you would.

American news is still operating within the confines of capitalism. They cover what brings in an audience. But if you prefer to live in an alternative-facts world where news organizations collude with each other to keep your favored topics off the screen or page, fine.

We obviously differ on trusting the viability of American media conglomerates to disseminate information without bias and for the sake of truth. Continue drinking that kool-aid. Or go look up how a handful of companies, and thus a few 100 board members, control all media sources. You don’t think there is collusion? Google the illusion of choice. Also, labeling things as misinformation, fake news or conspiracies is a cop out. Your comments and supporting details should allow the reader to decide.

Oh, NPR dedicated yet more airtime and website space to the story today.

Ottawa trucker convoy blocks key Canadian border crossing as standoff drags on

A massive protest in Ottawa, Ontario, that began with truck drivers opposing a cross-border vaccine mandate continues to snarl traffic and disrupt everyday life in the Canadian capital more than a week after it began.

Officials from the mayor to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau have called on the protesters to leave, saying residents in the city of just over 1 million don't deserve to be harassed. Yet the protesters show no signs of relenting, and some have moved into other areas of the city, which is under a state of emergency.

On Monday, some drivers blocked traffic on the Ambassador Bridge, a key crossing between Windsor, Ontario, and Detroit, CBC reported. They also got the backing of more than 100 Alaska truck drivers who rallied in support of the convoy, according to the Anchorage Daily News.

What is the protest about?​

The "Freedom Convoy" began last month as a caravan of truck drivers who planned to drive to Ottawa to voice their opposition to a government mandate that requires them to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to cross the U.S.-Canada border.
I can't paste the whole story, but go read it. It seems pretty much down-the-middle to me. It includes links to past coverage, including the interview with the Ottawa councilman I heard earlier.

No. Media covers liberal agendas and what they are told to cover.

And thats it.

Thankfully you can still use the internet to get to breaking real time events that will never see the light of day here in America.

I am no longer concerned with Putin. He will invade or not. Ukraine will fight or not. NATO will me a paper tiger or not. Wake me up when nuclear missiles fly. But not till then.

As far as Canada and Truckers, they started something finally in my lifetime. You could never get enough truckers to stop what they are doing and go sit long enough to actually make it possible to overthrow a liberal government who hates their guts collectively.

They finally did it. For that reason I stand with them.

If your criticism of my recommendation is to say the only legitimate news comes from places like OANN and Zerohedge, there's no reason to continue responding. What are your preferred sources in the media? Who do you find believable?
Point is, IMMEDIATELY after it started, NPR tried to spin their usual leftists babble into the storey, saying they had reports of Swastika and White Power flags, which was 100% untrue.

Once they found out they couldn't spin it into a white nationalists movement, they had to scramble to do some real reporting.
Which still fell flat.

CNN said it was an insurrection. NBC said it was a threat to democracy. Sounds like the same left leaning crap. Looks like NPR spoke to the politicos of Canada to give a lopsided spin to the protests. Media companies have their agenda.

And thats it.
It probably won't amuse you to know I spent the first decade and a half of my professional life as a reporter and editor.

I must have missed all those meetings where the radical leftists told me what I was supposed to report. Same with my colleagues at other media outlets. Guess we were too busy working?

Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

American news is still operating within the confines of capitalism. They cover what brings in an audience.
You should have started this post with something along the lines of "Once upon a time"... Then it may have been accurate.

Anyone paying attention to political coverage can see that "spin", favorable or unfavorable, depends on the person, topic, and agenda. FACTS are rarely evenly shared. Notice who and what gets censored by social media, news media, youtube, etc...

Free flow of information, in general, falls in line with your "once upon a time" narrative.

And thats it.

Thankfully you can still use the internet to get to breaking real time events that will never see the light of day here in America.

I am no longer concerned with Putin. He will invade or not. Ukraine will fight or not. NATO will me a paper tiger or not. Wake me up when nuclear missiles fly. But not till then.

As far as Canada and Truckers, they started something finally in my lifetime. You could never get enough truckers to stop what they are doing and go sit long enough to actually make it possible to overthrow a liberal government who hates their guts collectively.

They finally did it. For that reason I stand with them.

But you should be. China is watching this Russia and Ukraine stand off very closely and will likely make a decision on whether or not they takeover Taiwan based on what happens. I care more about the Russia and Ukraine stand off than I do about Canadian truckers.

If Russia takes Ukraine and China takes Taiwan, it's going to bad for us. Our current "diverse and inclusive" military stands no chance against China and/or Russia. China and Russia have a solid relationship and that's a problem.

You should have started this post with something along the lines of "Once upon a time"... Then it may have been accurate.

Anyone paying attention to political coverage can see that "spin", favorable or unfavorable, depends on the person, topic, and agenda. FACTS are rarely evenly shared. Notice who and what gets censored by social media, news media, youtube, etc...

Free flow of information, in general, falls in line with your "once upon a time" narrative.
If it contains "spin," it's not news coverage -- it's opinion. Most consumers have a hard time discerning between the two. Media literacy is at an all-time low, and your social media boogeyman has played a huge role. Not because they've censored information (a relatively recent phenomenon) but because they have monopolized the advertising market that supported local newsrooms while providing little to no oversight of libelous and downright false information that has spread on their platforms.

The "agenda" thing always gets me just like the "radical leftists" thing I hear so much. I never attended an "agenda" meeting, unless you count the work session before the city council's monthly meeting, where they set the agenda for the meeting that immediately followed.