Yellow | Canadien road driver dock workers negotiate new contract with YRC

No, you are not right. Canada didn't vote on a contract. Every terminal across Canada has their own contract. We don't have a national contract like you do in the US. We negotiate separately for increases and work rules. In fact, half the terminals are Teamster, while the other half are represented by Associations and the line haul brokers are represented by Unifor (formerly Canadian Auto Workers or CAW). Wages, benefits, pension contributions and work rules vary across the country and local by local. We didn't win the election for Hoffa, the lack of participation by 80 % of the eligible voters decided the outcome of the election. :couch:

the lack of participation by 80 % of the eligible voters decided the outcome of the election. Ya got that right. von.

Wrong, lots of new hires dont even know their working at a 15% pay reduction plus everything else we lost. We need to work on informing them, and tell them to vote no on any concessions
New hires are NOT working under ANY giveback. The wages and benefits were clearly laid out WHEN THEY WERE HIRED. Yes encourage them to understand what has occurred. But they chose to accept the current wage and benefit package. Only those employees on the seniority list PRIOR to the current MOU are "giving" anything up!

Make no mistake, I love my country and I am a proud Canadian. I've driven coast to coast and the sights along the way are nothing short of breathtaking. And in most places, people are polite and considerate.

But Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal basically decide how the country is run because they are the three most populated cities in the country. It's like if Los Angeles, Chicago and New York got to decide how America works.

That's why I'm the first to stand up and say Canadian public healthcare is neither free nor fair. A lot of Canadians mistakenly claim that it's free, that it's the best system in the world. England uses the same system we do, and they have the addition of the government constantly henpecking over safety so nobody will ever visit a doctor for anything that's covered.

The US is no different. The mid west states & the Bible belt in the lower section of this country has always been the votes that decide national elections. For many years up to today it is the farmers & preachers in Indiana (pop 5 million) who have had the power to effect the state wide elections. Indianapolis & Gary (Lake County) & surrounding counties usually vote democrat. So based on geography, the larger cities in this country mainly vote democrat with the remainder voting republican. For the last 15 years the population of the farm belt has moved to larger cities, changing the demographics of election outcomes. Sorry, long winded here. von.

New hires are NOT working under ANY giveback. The wages and benefits were clearly laid out WHEN THEY WERE HIRED. Yes encourage them to understand what has occurred. But they chose to accept the current wage and benefit package. Only those employees on the seniority list PRIOR to the current MOU are "giving" anything up!
Can't bitch about what you never had.

No, you are not right. Canada didn't vote on a contract. Every terminal across Canada has their own contract. We don't have a national contract like you do in the US. We negotiate separately for increases and work rules. In fact, half the terminals are Teamster, while the other half are represented by Associations and the line haul brokers are represented by Unifor (formerly Canadian Auto Workers or CAW). Wages, benefits, pension contributions and work rules vary across the country and local by local. We didn't win the election for Hoffa, the lack of participation by 80 % of the eligible voters decided the outcome of the election. :couch:
I can't recall the article but I did read something about how some entity in the past election this year pitted Canadian members against U.S.Members.I'm sorry I can't post the article.Alot of us in the States have no idea about the union (s) or our members in Canada.We can't even say what goes on up there.Sorry state of affairs

I can't recall the article but I did read something about how some entity in the past election this year pitted Canadian members against U.S.Members.I'm sorry I can't post the article.Alot of us in the States have no idea about the union (s) or our members in Canada.We can't even say what goes on up there.Sorry state of affairs
They play hockey up there Ehay

Yes they do. And if they get out of line here @ TN ABFer can issue a 5 minute major for poor verb usage, & a 10 minute misconduct for, oh hell I don't know, maybe for being a Canuck? Did I even spell that right? von.
Canuck is correct. And America is one to talk about pronouncing words! :poke: Have you tried saying the word "foyer" lately? :hide:

:6817: